Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just started following a bunch of coaches from Minnesota, Texas, Purdue, Michigan, and Ole Miss.

What a fun recruitment.

He just started following a bunch of coaches from Minnesota, Texas, Purdue, Michigan, and Ole Miss.

What a fun recruitment.
It's like the first recruitment all over again

What a fun recruitment.

LOL. Yeah all those schools that are so close to home. Is anyone really surprised?

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

This young man has always been an attention monger, and because of that I have a feeling I know what happened at UCLA.

Personalities don't change over the course of two months.

At first I thought this would be a slam dunk to go back after if it was going to happen the way it was setting up to happen. Now, after seeing how it's developing, I'd be very hesitant.

This kid loves to feel special and important, when recruiting was over and he realized he was just another freshman at the bottom of the totem pole and had some work to do, well you saw what happened next.

He's a great talent, there's 100% no doubt about that. Unfortunately though, it appears as if he needs to be coddled and have his ego stroked quite a bit. Talent be damned, a lot of times this can turn you off to someone really quickly.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

This young man has always been an attention monger, and because of that I have a feeling I know what happened at UCLA.

Personalities don't change over the course of two months.

At first I thought this would be a slam dunk to go back after if it was going to happen the way it was setting up to happen. Now, after seeing how it's developing, I'd be very hesitant.

This kid loves to feel special and important, when recruiting was over and he realized he was just another freshman at the bottom of the totem pole and had some work to do, well you saw what happened next.

He's a great talent, there's 100% no doubt about that. Unfortunately though, it appears as if he needs to be coddled and have his ego stroked quite a bit. Talent be damned, a lot of times this can turn you off to someone really quickly.
Nail on head. Pretty much what I tried to poorly communicate a few weeks back. It certainly wasn't homesickness that made him leave UCLA.

We need a talent upgrade to compete consistently. Based upon professional talent evaluators he has the necessary goods to help us compete at a higher level.

We get waxed by an AAC team and he's keeping his options open and some are up in arms. Why exactly? What does he owe us beyond consideration? He has never even committed to play here and some fans are playing the part of a spurned lover.

We need talent like him at this point. He doesn't need our program. While I understand the frustration of being a fan I certainly never understand the negativity about kids I'm certain 90% have never met nor know anything of their personal circumstances.

I hope he comes here because we need playmakers and as much as people wanna blame coaches and scheme we need better players first and foremost.

No reason he shouldn't weigh all options.
Agreed.

At the same time, I'm not going to get my hopes up TOO high. He would be an amazing upgrade here, and one of the most talented offensive weapons we've ever had (conceivably). But until he commits and then, more importantly, enrolls and starts practice, it's not worth getting too worked up over.

I have absolutely no problem with him considering more schools. To be fair after last year's 3 win season, and last weeks dud, we should be happy we are even in consideration for a 5 star talent like Clark. I have no problem taking someone like Clark if it means getting someone with his talent. We need elite ACC level talent in a bad way. Plus it's not like he's has run in with the laws as a red flag. He isn't playing with guns, beating up women, or breaking into apartments to steal people's televisions. By our view he has a big ego because he likes his name associated with big programs. I'm guilty of this as well, but is that really that big of a deal? Who knows how any of us would have acted as an 18 year old kid? Plus he seems to get along well with some of the guys on our team, and our staff (who everyone is so quick to say trust the staff) seems to think he is fine to re-recruit, so again I don't really see the problem? When it's all said and done imo we aren't in a position to be passing on elite talent because they may have an inflated personality.

“They put a lot of money into the facilities,” Clark said. “I think they are going to become a top 25 team pretty soon. He coaches the defensive so well. I can definitely see them doing really well and they are in the Coastal, and I think they can make their footprint on that side and win a lot of games. It would be cool to be something like that, something that is fresh.”

All of that is so hard to compete with. We are so screwed . . . . oh wait . . . . . .

Maybe we can be petty and name our "rivalry" game with Pitt like UConn/UCF did? The CoNFLiCT with the random capitalizing looks like some dumb ass program a hacker made back in 1997 on the AOL message boards. Or a text message between two 7th grade girls. Clowns.

The winner gets an orange panther trophy and Clark.

Agreed.

At the same time, I'm not going to get my hopes up TOO high. He would be an amazing upgrade here, and one of the most talented offensive weapons we've ever had (conceivably). But until he commits and then, more importantly, enrolls and starts practice, it's not worth getting too worked up over.

Pump the breaks, he's a tight end.

Ever is a long time.

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. If you want to play the field and explore options, say so. Nothing wrong with that. But you're not going to endear yourself to anyone by making a proclamation and then going back on it two days later.

Syracuse needs this kid. There are some good young talented players, but we need much more talent and more depth.

Last edited:
who gives a shi t the kid is a TE sure he is good but our O is not TE centric. Love to have him but im losing sleep if he ends up at Pitt. Give me a lock down corner a hard hitting S and an animal at NT

who gives a shi t the kid is a TE sure he is good but our O is not TE centric. Love to have him but im losing sleep if he ends up at Pitt. Give me a lock down corner a hard hitting S and an animal at NT

I disagree. If we had a TE who was a playmaker, he would be heavily involved. Lester talks about this all of the time. The Y-TE would be greatly utilized if Clark was in the fold IMO.

I disagree. If we had a TE who was a playmaker, he would be heavily involved. Lester talks about this all of the time. The Y-TE would be greatly utilized if Clark was in the fold IMO.
Exactly. If we had a Gronk, he would be a focal point in the passing game.

Hell, if we had another Nick Provo the TE would be featured a hell of a lot more.

yeah, we want all of those things but a great tight end would change our offense. And I don't think we have any 5 star lock down corners or hard hitting S that are looking at us. The good in not the enemy of the great.

yeah, we want all of those things but a great tight end would change our offense. And I don't think we have any 5 star lock down corners or hard hitting S that are looking at us. The good in not the enemy of the great.

Exactly. If we can get a talent upgrade anywhere we should pursue it. Silly not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom