TE Connor Center (Milford) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

TE Connor Center (Milford) Offered

NCAA Division I football is a "head count" sport, meaning 85 scholarships are allowed to be handed out to 85 people. One for one. No partial scholarships allowed (I-AA is different, as are most Olympic sports).

http://www.speeddevelopment.net/NCAA_College_Scholarship_Rules_and_Limits_-_CollegeAthletes.com.pdf

Therefore, if a kid is offered "grant-in-aid", it HAS to be a full ride.

Hence, Syracuse and Colorado were offering the same exact thing.

My head hurts.
Except nowhere does it say the kid was offered a "grant-in-aid". And, I am pretty sure even walk-ons can get grants.

NCAA Division I football is a "head count" sport, meaning 85 scholarships are allowed to be handed out to 85 people. One for one. No partial scholarships allowed (I-AA is different, as are most Olympic sports).

http://www.speeddevelopment.net/NCAA_College_Scholarship_Rules_and_Limits_-_CollegeAthletes.com.pdf

Therefore, if a kid is offered "grant-in-aid", it HAS to be a full ride.

Hence, Syracuse and Colorado were offering the same exact thing.

My head hurts.

I'm aware that division 1 football "scholarships" are full scholarships only. The wording in the article referred to a financial aid agreement. You're assuming that based on him receiving a financial aid agreement that its the Non LOI athletic type, which would have to be a full ride. He very well could be getting financial aid like any other student, need based or academic, and walking on. That would still constitute a financial aid agreement.

My head hurts because so many of you like to turn vague information into facts.

The only facts out there are that SU offered a scholarship and CU offered some sort of financial aid package.

This kid, this thread, this day just brought this to mind...cathartic listening.