Class of 2015 - TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI

Just a reminder, did the staff want Jake at TE or DE? With the new scheme, will the Coordinators be fighting over him (in a good way)?

th

The fact that he has already taken his OV to Wisconsin hurts them, in my opinion.

Last year, at UT, Mack Brown hosted a big recruiting weekend with OV's for most of the commits in early December. Obviously, he left and when Charlie Strong was hired, one of the things that was constantly lamented was how he couldn't get the recruits back on campus (in an official way) to sell them on the new program.

With the dead period coming on and the fact that Wisky can't foot the bill to bring him back, it'll be hard (but certainly not impossible if Pickard is willing to go out there on his own dime) for Pickard to interact with the new staff on campus, prior to signing day.

Just a reminder, did the staff want Jake at TE or DE? With the new scheme, will the Coordinators be fighting over him (in a good way)?
Reminds me of Thompson... Daoust told me that there were heated arguments over what side of the ball Ron was going to play. Daoust fought tooth and nail for him initially, but, lost out.

When Marrone and more importantly, Hackett, left, Daoust got his way. It helped that George wanted to implement a new system and that Ron didn't fit it as well.

I would love to say commit to the school not the coaches is a great thought but the truth is if you have a dream of playing in the NFL you need to put yourself I. The right spot to make it happen. A coaching staff that you commit to could have the plays and scheme you fit perfectly in and then be switched out for a totally different mind set and you could end up surfing the bench for four years and throw the dream away. Of course only a fraction can actually make it so the schools academics have to be important. But let's face it most of these kids have long term football dreams

from your perspective, thats a good way to think about it. but from a coaches perspective, i think it protects you and is a good message to send.

This is interesting news. As I mentioned before, I live and work in Millburn, know kids who play on the HS football team, and folks I know never got the impression that SU had a serious shot at Picard, at least as much as some folks thought or hoped. Lots of unnecessary drama. Need to see what I can find out.

How can you tell someone is from Millburn? They'll tell you within 5 seconds of meeting you.

Why wouldnt we have a shot? Didnt our OC say were were going to have 12 TE's running all around the field this season? TE U baby!!!

Nate Mink ‏@MinkNate 15m15 minutes ago

Caught up with Jake Pickard. He's staying committed to Wisconsin through the coaching search. Will take official to Syracuse; no date set.

Nate Mink
‏@MinkNate
14m14 minutes ago
Pickard is getting an in-home visit tonight from Acosta and Bullough. Acosta met him at school earlier today.

Got him to agree to take an official.

Staying committed to Wisconsin makes sense. Until you find someplace else you feel just as comfortable or more so, don't burn a bridge you have, especially if it's one you love (and Jake clearly enjoyed Wisconsin, or else why commit there.).

Well, I know for a fact from a source very close that we most definitely have a shot and this twist puts us back into a very good situation.

I know we both thought Cuse had a great shot before he committed to Wisconsin. All I know is our stance hasn't changed and we still think we get him. While it's encouraging to hear about their confidence, I just think it's going to be a lot harder to flip.

Pitt's Chryst headed to Wisconsin.

And a good reason why Pickard might stay with Wisconsin unless he has a really good relationship with the SU staff that can sway him.

And a good reason why Pickard might stay with Wisconsin unless he has a really good relationship with the SU staff that can sway him.

Who says Chryst will want Pickard?

Who says Chryst will want Pickard?

It will be interesting to see if Chryst keeps any of the current Wisconsin staff or if he cannibalizes the Pitt staff. Who is left or who he brings in could make a big difference in Pickards' decision.

Except Pickard was going to Wisconsin as a DE.

Ah...that does change things a bit. Still, the same kind of team imo but that does open it up a little. To me Chryst is a Alverez clone and it would be nice to get this young man to flip.

I'd also expect this to help us in the Jay Stocker sweepstakes- supposedly he was/is pretty high on Pitt. And Dontez Ford gets his 3rd, 4th coach in 3 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom