Class of 2020 - TE/DE Maximilian Mang (Germany) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/18/19) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 TE/DE Maximilian Mang (Germany) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/18/19)

No, that's what happens when people just assume that a big guy = can play DL.

Every player is recruited for a position. Some are good enough to play 2. Just because a guy played offense and defense in HS doesn't mean he's good at both positions.

But everyone's a scout on this board.
I assume this was directed at me, since I asked the question a few pages back.

Has nothing to do with being a board scout -- and everything to do with him being listed initially as a TE / DE. So, as a DE with that frame, and given our track record -- it isn't easy to envision that he might be a guy who could bulk up and play inside.

Sounds like he is staying at TE, with an outside shot to shift to OT. We'll see.
It's probably my fault. I posted that we have an acute need at DT/NT and to my (untrained) eye his DL highlights looked good. He plays high but has long arms, didn't get turned easily, kept blockers off him, great drive and power. Penetrated really well and had a heat-seeking mentality (as in Post #78).

In post #8, Bnoro himself said:

Kid looks like a monster, I like this offer, worry about the position later (DL please)

But that may have been before he saw the highlights. Either way, I like this selection and think this kid is going to make plays wherever he's slotted.

Last edited:
It's probably my fault. I posted that we have an acute need at DT/NT and to my (untrained) eye his DL highlights looked good. He plays high but has long arms, didn't get turned easily, kept blockers off him, great drive and power. Penetrated really well and had a heat-seeking mentality (as in Post #78).

In post #8, Bnoro himself said:

Kid looks like a monster, I like this offer, worry about the position later (DL please)

But that may have been before he saw the highlights. Either way, I like this selection and think this kid is going to make plays wherever he's slotted.
Definitely before I watched the tape.

But it's not either of your fault, it's just been on every single thread of every recruit we've landed recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom