Class of 2021 - TE Devean Deal (TX) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 TE Devean Deal (TX) Offered

oh, good - we're back to doing the stupid pun threads that recruits and their families don't like

I was hoping that would come back soon.

deal_with_it_seinfeld.gif

oh, good - we're back to doing the stupid pun threads that recruits and their families don't like

Another step in our return to normal. I like it

Do we have any video of him doing the three cone shuffle?

The offer list these kids have are head scratchers. Lets hope its a result of camp exposure and Dino has some inside knowledge. Lets hope.

Good on you to point that out. Why bother making puns when we could be enjoying riveting recruiting arguments and informative covid threads?!

Last edited:
I love Texas kids. From a FB perspective, he would be a nice get, several horrid puns aside.

I’m sorry but he’s right. They’re stupid.
Off-thread, but the vast majority are totally innocuous. Even if you're not into nerd humor (and want the whole board to adhere to your standards) ... careful what you wish for. Before silly puns we might need to scrub player comparison photos, dozens of recruiting threads, Covid posts claiming masks are unnecessary, takes questioning a recruit's skills or program fit ... (much more likely to offend a parent) and of course all "Rutgirls", "GT sucks" and "Ped State" references, etc.. The point is, aside from abusive or inappropriate content (that is always called out) there are going to be jokes, humorous descriptions and opinions that resonate with some but not all. I have to believe recruits and parents get that. SUfan is probably more polite, more rational and better-monitored than most. Even if our mods took Mojo's approach and parsed every statement, most of the content on this site would disappear before name puns.

Last edited:

Do we know that recruits and families don't like it? Serious question.

Do we know that recruits and families don't like it? Serious question.
Surely cannot speak for other families, but as someone whose name has been a cause for joking for years, I can say it is annoying and tedious. You grin and move on but that does not mean you like it.

Surely cannot speak for other families, but as someone whose name has been a cause for joking for years, I can say it is annoying and tedious. You grin and move on but that does not mean you like it.
Why whats your name? Is it like Ben Dover, or Hairy Pairatesties, or Amanda Huginkiss? C'mon man...you can't leave the board hangin' like a chad. ;)

Believe it was TexanMark said he knew of families that checked the board and were irritated after seeing one of those pun threads about their kid.

also said other schools would use it against SU.

but hey, as long as that handful of posters think it’s a hoot they should keep giving the coaches one more thing to overcome.

Believe it was TexanMark said he knew of families that checked the board and were irritated after seeing one of those pun threads about their kid.

also said other schools would use it against SU.

but hey, as long as that handful of posters think it’s a hoot they should keep giving the coaches one more thing to overcome.
On the list of problems plaguing Syracuse recruiting, I would think "Posters on syracusefan.com making making name puns" is waaaaaay down there. Even further down the list than weather.

On the list of problems plaguing Syracuse recruiting, I would think "Posters on syracusefan.com making making name puns" is waaaaaay down there. Even further down the list than weather.
Yeah, I don't see the big deal.

All I can say it is a little humorous and with all the other problems of being quarantined cause of the virus and the violence with protester, I think we all can use a little humor with whatever mean we get it.

I don't give a rats ass where it falls on the list - why add to the list at all?

Good lord - if we've heard from actual families that it works against SU in recruiting - why would any of you keep doing it? You can come back with the usual " much bigger problems", "not a big deal" all you want - but unless you're saying Texan Mark is lying - then it is a problem and why continue to do it?

This kid and his younger brother both look like good players that would benefit SU on the field. If the family goes to each school's message board and Kansas' fans are posting about how good their film looks, the Northwestern fans are discussing how they would flourish under Coach Fitz and then the GA from one of those schools directs them to syracusefan and there's 4 pages of dopey card game puns it would absolutely be a bad look for SU.

How about you 5 or 6 who think it's so much fun go to the OT board - each day someone can post a new name like Wood or Park or Hand and then the whole rest of the day you can all pun away until your sides hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom