Class of 2021 - TE Landon Morris (IL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 TE Landon Morris (IL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually refrain from commenting on senseless posts, but I’ll make an exception to this needlessly derogatory comment. First, Aaron was a mentor to all the tight ends who followed him, including Luke. He saw this as a major responsibility. Second, Aaron’s decision to leave SU was incredibly difficult — he bleeds Orange — but I assure you it had nothing to do with the fear of competition. He believes competition only makes everyone stronger. Best wishes to Landon. He looks like he has enormous potential. With the chance to get healthy, back to his correct playing weight and find the right program, Aaron is focused on rewriting the script to his senior season, with nothing but appreciation for his four years as an Orange.
I'm not quite sure why you quoted me for this post. It was not derogatory in the least.

The point was if he wanted a fresh start and saw potentially-reduced playing time here, moving on was the thing to do. I wish him nothing but the best, and thank him for his service and dedication to Syracuse University and Syracuse Football.

To get your back up about an innocuous post and read into it things that aren't there is, well, puzzling.

Not worth arguing about and not trying to spar with you. Just setting the record straight. Your post implied that competition from Morris may have been a reason for Aaron leaving. Not one iota of truth to that. He welcomed Landon and looked forward to sharing what he has learned with him. That’s not just Aaron’s attitude, it is one widely shared by Syracuse veterans. You also implied that Aaron potentially saw reduced playing time as a reason for leaving. That, too, is not true.
Again, this was an extremely difficult decision. Aaron loves the university, fans, coaches and teammates. Wishing SU nothing but the best. Aaron gave SU everything he had for four years. Be excited about Landon. And, hopefully, remember Aaron for his play and how he represented the university. Thank you.

Not worth arguing about and not trying to spar with you. Just setting the record straight. Your post implied that competition from Morris may have been a reason for Aaron leaving. Not one iota of truth to that. He welcomed Landon and looked forward to sharing what he has learned with him. That’s not just Aaron’s attitude, it is one widely shared by Syracuse veterans. You also implied that Aaron potentially saw reduced playing time as a reason for leaving. That, too, is not true.
Again, this was an extremely difficult decision. Aaron loves the university, fans, coaches and teammates. Wishing SU nothing but the best. Aaron gave SU everything he had for four years. Be excited about Landon. And, hopefully, remember Aaron for his play and how he represented the university. Thank you.

Im going to guess you’re a parent/relative/etc.

I think it’s fair to say we all wish Aaron the best and we are all completely bummed about him leaving. We all want him to succeed and many of us wish we could have seen him be a much larger part of the gameplan

hopefully his next stop they work him in more. However, once an Orange always an Orange and we all want him to succeed! Best of luck in his future endeavors!

Apologies if that is what you thought. Not my intent at all.

I'm not quite sure why you quoted me for this post. It was not derogatory in the least.

The point was if he wanted a fresh start and saw potentially-reduced playing time here, moving on was the thing to do. I wish him nothing but the best, and thank him for his service and dedication to Syracuse University and Syracuse Football.

To get your back up about an innocuous post and read into it things that aren't there is, well, puzzling.
Umm, it does suggest that Aaron left because of competition.

lol. Every time I see this rendering, I think

1608126299278.png

Status
Not open for further replies.