Class of 2020 - TE Steven Mahar (NY) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 TE Steven Mahar (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven is racking up some offers. He's a tall athletic kid from powerhouse Aquinas Institute in Rochester. Cuse likes him. They just want to see him in camp. Don't be surprised if he's eventually offered.
He is my favorite TE in NYS. I think he is definitely a BCS level player. Hope SU offers him.

Steven is racking up some offers. He's a tall athletic kid from powerhouse Aquinas Institute in Rochester. Cuse likes him. They just want to see him in camp. Don't be surprised if he's eventually offered.
Would Cuse be a DE or TE offer?

Really like his film, Money. What are his speed/weight lifting numbers? He looks like a 4.8 kid from the film. Would that be accurate?

Really like his film, Money. What are his speed/weight lifting numbers? He looks like a 4.8 kid from the film. Would that be accurate?
AQ has a good S&C program. That's why they are so good. I imagine he's a strong kid. He has a thin frame but he's rip. Not much body fat. I think he's a 4.7 / 4.8 kid like you said.

AQ has a good S&C program. That's why they are so good. I imagine he's a strong kid. He has a thin frame but he's rip. Not much body fat. I think he's a 4.7 / 4.8 kid like you said.
If I remember the last couple recruits from AQ over 7- 8 years haven't worked out, either didn't make it or didn't last. Hopefully the next will be a success since they have been a NYS powerhouse for the last decade or so. They usually put out a few D-1 recruits every year, sometimes at the P-5 level.

If I remember the last couple recruits from AQ over 7- 8 years haven't worked out, either didn't make it or didn't last. Hopefully the next will be a success since they have been a NYS powerhouse for the last decade or so. They usually put out a few D-1 recruits every year, sometimes at the P-5 level.
Taylor Riggins is doing well at UB. Second on the team in sacks as a sophomore. Earnest Edwards is tearing it up. He could have played at SU IMO. He is one of the best recievers in FCS Maine. Jamir Jones is going into his senior year at Notre Dame. He's doing about what I thought he would do there. His brother jarron was a national recruit because of his size and athleticism. His issue was work ethic. Both good kids with great parents. Zembiec had shoulder issues in HS and it got worse at Penn st. He was medically disqualified. Jamahl Pardner played at Pitt and Memphis. Messina played lax at Cuse. Theyve had a bunch play at D2 level that did well.

Last edited:
Taylor Riggins is doing well at UB. Second on the team in sacks as a sophomore. Earnest Edwards is tearing it up. He could have played at SU IMO. He is one of the best recievers in FCS Maine. Jamir Jones is going into his senior year at Notre Dame. He's doing about what I thought he would do there. His brother jarron was a national recruit because of his size and athleticism. His issue was work ethic. Both good kids with great parents. Zembiec had shoulder issues in HS and it got worse at Penn st. He was medically disqualified. Jamahl Pardner played at Pitt and Memphis. Messina played lax at Cuse. Theyve had a bunch play at D2 level players that did well.
Should have been more specific with SU commits...Riggins and Edwards, correct? Bunch of good players. Even though Messina was a lacrosse player at SU I think he could have contributed to football. He absolutely killed it on special teams in high school. It would have been nice to see him have a shot at returning kicks.

Should have been more specific with SU commits...Riggins and Edwards, correct? Bunch of good players. Even though Messina was a lacrosse player at SU I think he could have contributed to football. He absolutely killed it on special teams in high school. It would have been nice to see him have a shot at returning kicks.
Riggins was a Shafer commit that Dino didnt want. Edwards was never offered.

Free article on 246 +1

Google “Syracuse Showing Interest in Upstate NY Tight End”

"Knowing that I’m a Rochester kid, Syracuse sports have always played a big role in Rochester," Mahar said. "Wherever you go there’s always Syracuse gear, highlights playing, etc. Syracuse would almost be considered a dream school to any kid coming out of Rochester."

Mahar adds that he is expecting Syracuse to visit him soon. He is hopeful an offer could come at that point.

Free article on 246 +1

Google “Syracuse Showing Interest in Upstate NY Tight End”

"Knowing that I’m a Rochester kid, Syracuse sports have always played a big role in Rochester," Mahar said. "Wherever you go there’s always Syracuse gear, highlights playing, etc. Syracuse would almost be considered a dream school to any kid coming out of Rochester."

Mahar adds that he is expecting Syracuse to visit him soon. He is hopeful an offer could come at that point.
Cuse won't take every NYS. They will do their home work on him but he at least has the height and athleticism you want in the ACC. A lot to work with there.

Happy with the offer. That said, a player from Rochester should know the name of the only big time football school in the state. Doesn’t say much for his level of interest in Syracuse.
It says nothing about his interest. I ask kids about school names alot. They are ignorant to that type of stuff. They assume every school starts with "University of". Some kids don't know SU means Syracuse University.

It says nothing about his interest. I ask kids about school names alot. They are ignorant to that type of stuff. They assume every school starts with "University of". Some kids don't know SU means Syracuse University.

I completely agree with and understand this.

To me it does show attention to detail though. Syracuse University commits $250k to a student-athlete, it'd be nice if the student-athlete could get the name of the school correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.