Technology still has not caught back up to 1994... | Syracusefan.com

Technology still has not caught back up to 1994...

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
I still own a "watchman"

I used to take it to the dome. I could watch the replay on the little 3x4 screen 4-5 seconds after live action.

Then analog TV died.

5 years of not doing that, then just the other night at USF-UC i was able to take my phone and watch on WatchESPN which was exactly 16 seconds after live.

Technology sometimes regresses.

the first thing only worked for games on local TV , if we are ever on cbs/abc/fox/nbc like the old days you could still watch the game on an HD watchman.

You sure can rewind live feeds of games on the WatchESPN app

worst thing is the watchespn app requires a signal and there are many times in the Dome where you cant get a cell phone to work.. never had that problem with the old stuff.. too bad SU didnt get rights to transmit a limited local signal so people could watch on regular tv again.

I love old technology. I still own a sony walkman that plays cassette tapes.

Ah the good old days.

worst thing is the watchespn app requires a signal and there are many times in the Dome where you cant get a cell phone to work.. never had that problem with the old stuff.. too bad SU didnt get rights to transmit a limited local signal so people could watch on regular tv again.
The wifi in the Dome usually works

I love old technology. I still own a sony walkman that plays cassette tapes.

Ah the good old days.

I am in the process (and have been for two years now) of making my 1000+ cassettes into digital form. A LOT if the stuff I treasure in that pile is stuff unavailable elsewhere. Like the tape Eli Harris gave me or the recording of the super hot grad student at 315 Greenwood who sang during that one party before the house caught fire. Or the live Mexican Mudd Band Master I acquired from East L.A. ...

Anyone remember Smokey Junglefrog? Just found that tape yesterday.

The wifi in the Dome usually works
I have sat in 4 different sections this year and have yet to get a wifi connection. if they would just fix the cell phone issue they wouldnt need the wifi.

I have sat in 4 different sections this year and have yet to get a wifi connection. if they would just fix the cell phone issue they wouldnt need the wifi.
Decent Verizon coverage in 311 Heaven

bball has half the number of people that fball usually has so that might be a big help.. its also very directional

I love the AT&T adds scrolling around the dome and I can't get a signal to save my life let alone Wifi. It is like I am being taunted. :bat:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom