Tehoka Off Albany Team | Syracusefan.com

Tehoka Off Albany Team

Short article in the link. Not heavy on details.

What a shame if it is confirmed. Hope it was not something really sinister and he would be able to make a fresh start somewhere else.

Wonder if he will be able to transfer?

Last edited:
We have had some Albany fans occasionally stop by here. Any of them out there in the know?

Well that is too bad. It has been a tough enough time for this generation of young men with coronavirus around.

Not surprised at all to be honest. There have been rumblings for a few years now that he was highly unlikely to make it through all 4 years and he's been away from the program a few times. Should help Albany a bit as he dominated the ball at times but in the near future they're in trouble. No excuse for SU not to win going away next week

It could definitely be addition by subtraction but he also drew a ton of attention and allowed other guys to draw a shorty or lesser attention. It's gonna be a learning process for them

Not surprised at all to be honest. There have been rumblings for a few years now that he was highly unlikely to make it through all 4 years and he's been away from the program a few times. Should help Albany a bit as he dominated the ball at times but in the near future they're in trouble. No excuse for SU not to win going away next week

Albany is 2-0 without him, and 2-2 with him. Presumably, Camden Hay will step in.

I will miss his flair.

Yes he is definitely a hot head, but stupid to mention that fight against Binghamton kids as an example. A guy on Binghamton unloaded on a guy on his way to the box with a full running start. A fight can and should start to defend your bro there. Chris says that is an example of him "instigating against other players," which is just plain nonsense. Totally instigated by Binghamton.

Also I think looking at their record with him vs without him is too black and white. Too many factors there. Every offense needs threats, and Albany just got a boatload easier to handle.

I saw someone posted on Facebook that Tehoka wasn’t following COVID rules!

I know Tehoka was required to quarantine for 10 days last month because of contact tracing, and he was having none of it.

Beat a good umass team without him. Might be right.

If part of the issue was him yelling at his teammates, it really might be a boost to the program to have him out. Just look at Friday Night Lights, nothing rallies a team quite like having a negative influence cast out.

Can’t remember a star player’s stock drop quite so far so quickly in lacrosse. Someone on fanlax brought up the Bratton twins, I found that interesting since Virginia went on to win the title without them. Not saying that will happen here, but teams can play better together when they’re forced to work as a team instead of relying on one star to get it done.

I expect he’ll turn pro after this, so probably not worth trying to figure out a future college landing spot. It’s a shame, he is very talented.

Already removed from Albany roster. Do recall him looking selfish when forcing in Cuse game in his soph yr after Fields graduated but in fairness that was a early season game n he was trying to fill lead . Eventually adjusted and passed out of doubles. Had big frosh and junior years and posted numbers in the 4 games he played this year. Always saw his assist totals and modest turnover numbers reflecting a star and decent team player. Too much unknown about dismissal .Not excusing any poor behavior if that is case but wouldn't be the first star who gets frustrated with teammates when losing to a beatable opponent . The Bingy ejection was nonsense from tape I saw. Refhuss be gone next and his current play and production will be hard to replace by most any replacement. Wont happen but imagining a Scanlan, Tehoka, Hiltz line is a hypothetical that I had to float though agree that NLL bound is most likely scenario.

Wont happen but imagining a Scanlan, Tehoka, Hiltz line is a hypothetical that I had to float though agree that NLL bound is most likely scenario.
Scanlan & Tehoka know each other very well from their days together on the club circuit, IMG, & being the 2 youngest on the Iroquois Nationals in 2018. We were also in his final 3 along with MD before he chose Albany. I see Tehoka going pro but never say never.

It’s as fun to envision as Jeff Teat pulling a “Sowers” to join his Canadian brethren Hiltz for a year or Zawada second-guessing his flip (with us potentially having a better financial package to offer) & deciding that he wants to play in NCAA tourneys.

I like our current stable of candidates to replace Rehfuss, including Cook, Seebold, Ferris, & possibly even Curry but, with the talent of Scanlan & Hiltz, specifically their next level vision/passing ability, I’d have to think we’d be an attractive destination for a high-level attack transfer to bridge the gap to Spallina. I think kids will look at the success/coverage of Sowers this year & see that it won’t hurt their perception/“brand” to join a “super team” as a grad transfer, especially if their current school doesn’t have a legit shot at a tourney run.

Last edited:
Scanlan & Tehoka know each other very well from their days together on the club circuit, IMG, & being the 2 youngest on the Iroquois Nationals in 2018. We were also in his final 3 along with MD before he chose Albany. I see Tehoka going pro but never say never.

It’s as fun to envision as Jeff Teat pulling a “Sowers” to join his Canadian brethren Hiltz for a year or Zawada second-guessing his flip (with us potentially having a better financial package to offer) & deciding that he wants to play in NCAA tourneys.

I like our current stable of candidates to replace Rehfuss, including Cook, Seebold, Ferris, & possibly even Curry but, with the talent of Scanlan & Hiltz, specifically their next level vision/passing ability, I’d have to think we’d be an attractive destination for a high-level attack transfer to bridge the gap to Spallina. I think kids will look at the success/coverage of Sowers this year & see that it won’t hurt their perception/“brand” to join a “super team” as a grad transfer, especially if their current school doesn’t have a legit shot at a tourney run.

Nice post - transfer options should be interesting next year, especially considering there are already names in the portal right now (Owen Murphy from Hopkins comes to mind, and I think Michigan has a couple guys listed too). Don't know if Syracuse should or would pursue those guys, just strikes me that there are already names listed.

Obviously there won't be as many big names out there as there was this year, but each year there seems to be impressive players that enter the portal (Scanlan and Gray in 2019). A big part of the equation probably centers around if Scanlan decides to come back for a fifth year, linking up with Hiltz and Spalina. If he does, a one year fix might make sense, but of course it depends on who is available. That one year fix might be internal, as Curry has looked really good playing behind the goal this year. I really like Ferris too. I wonder if Scanlan has an inkling about his plans post 2022.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom