Temple game is 11:00am... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Temple game is 11:00am...

Sucks.Big.Time.

Hopefully we beat Missouri for win 6. Many of us are planning to go to Temple from Syracuse IF, that is for win 6. Tough tailgating that early and even tougher trying to go down day of game. Not going to want to get up at 3AM. Will likely have to go Thanksgiving night. Please please beat Missouri.

Two words, Limo Bus.

Tailgate starts when you walk on board.

This is NOT good for Syracuse. A 7 p.m. game at Missouri means an all-night flight back and an entire lost preparation day. Game is already on a Friday instead of a Saturday, so that's two lost prep days. Temple plays at Army on Saturday, basically a couple-hour bus ride. I bet anything DM is pissed as heck about this, although he'll never say so publicly because it sounds like excuse-making. The schedule-maker really screwed the team this year imo.

This one is an ESPN job. Picked both games.

I'm not sure but will ask at practice tomorrow. I think it was awfully tough on the team to schedule four of the final five games on the road, awfully tough on DM to schedule Missouri on the road when his conference peers were filling the TCU gap with MAC schools (much to their dismay, I may add) or another FCS foe and now awfully tough to hand him this short turnaround, Temple or not (I don't know about the rest of you, but I recall SU's last two trips to Temple - Walter Washington in 2004 and Barber missing a PAT kick in 2002 - and shudder). I'm not sure who was responsible but suspect it was a combination of SU and the conference. In any event, imo neither did the coach or team any favors.

And thanks for the kind words. Always appreciated in a tough climate. I do not feel comfortable answering your other question at this time but again am grateful for the compliment.

This is going to make the Temple game tougher, this team is much better equipped to handle it.

This is going to make the Temple game tougher, this team is much better equipped to handle it.

Thing is, this was probably going to be a noon game all along. The hour shouldn't make that much of a difference. The problem was created back when the schedule was made, and then made worse when the Mizzou time was released. I don't think today's news is much of an impact.

Sucks for those of us wanting to tailgate, we have to make up the hour later. I would imagine and hope that they sell beer at Temple games. If not, that's absolutely cruel.

If it was a nooner, would have started tailgating at 9. Now we'll start at 8, weather permitting.

Last regular season game, last game in the BE, a bowl game, likely, on the line.

Worth sucking it up.

Two words, Limo Bus.

Tailgate starts when you walk on board.

Do they allow grills on the bus? :)

If it was a nooner, would have started tailgating at 9. Now we'll start at 8, weather permitting.

Last regular season game, last game in the BE, a bowl game, likely, on the line.

Worth sucking it up.

Even if it's for a 7th win, instead of the all important 6th win, that's still a pretty cool thing. And you can sit where ever you want. And then you can eat and drink in Philly the rest of the day.

Thing is, this was probably going to be a noon game all along. The hour shouldn't make that much of a difference. The problem was created back when the schedule was made, and then made worse when the Mizzou time was released. I don't think today's news is much of an impact.

Sucks for those of us wanting to tailgate, we have to make up the hour later. I would imagine and hope that they sell beer at Temple games. If not, that's absolutely cruel.

I'm counting on OPA on getting access to a couple of suites.

I'm counting on OPA on getting access to a couple of suites.

I'm counting on an invite.

(I once counted to infinity, might have to again for this one).

Do they allow grills on the bus? :)

Subs and suds bud.

Breakfast sandwiches and tequilla sunrises.

You've never had ceral with beer?

You don't need to apply heat to everything.;)

I know im late the the party but... we're playing a conference game at 11am on a friday? What the fluck??? This blows. Black friday isnt a holiday. I have to work. If u wanna have games on a friday then they have to be in the evening. Get me out of this Big East hell hole ASAFP!

Best scenario would be for Army to beat Temple this weekend, thus eliminating any potential post-season incentive when the Owls face us. I think I read somewhere that Army is favored by 3.

I'm not sure playing on a friday at noon is something to get worked up about.. Neb-OK was played on friday for about 20 years and worked out pretty well.

i like 11am... i assume it will be cloudy and rainy in philly.

i will probably eat a turkey sando in the 1st quarter, nap through the 2nd quarter and halftime, eat another turkey sando, prob make some nachos, and crack open a quality brew in the 3rd quarter. i will then nap after the game.

"it's always sunny in philadelphia"

I know im late the the party but... we're playing a conference game at 11am on a friday? What the fluck??? This blows. Black friday isnt a holiday. I have to work. If u wanna have games on a friday then they have to be in the evening. Get me out of this Big East hell hole ASAFP!

I am getting holiday pay for working it, so, yes, black friday is a holiday now. ANyone who gets LTL deliveries (RE:Teamsters) know its a holiday.

Best scenario would be for Army to beat Temple this weekend, thus eliminating any potential post-season incentive when the Owls face us. I think I read somewhere that Army is favored by 3.

Temple only has 11 games this season and has lost 6, so they shouldn't have a path to bowl eligibility at this point.

Since halftime of the Rutgers game, Temple has been outscored 161-44. It shouldn't be much of a game if our heads are screwed on straight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm not sure playing on a friday at noon is something to get worked up about.. Neb-OK was played on friday for about 20 years and worked out pretty well.

Texas - aTm played at 11 am eastern (10 am local) for several years in the 90s and 00s on that Friday. Also worked out well for them.

I already miss that game. This year would have been good. Texas last week runs wishbone for a 40 yard pass play to open the game, in honor of Darrell Royal. Hardly talked about because of Johnny Football. Has to be killing the Texas people. Too bad they couldn't have kept it as a final non conf game.

Temple only has 11 games this season and has lost 6, so they shouldn't have a path to bowl eligibility at this point.
They are planning to add a 12th game @ Hawaii in early Dec.

Since halftime of the Rutgers game, Temple has been outscored 161-44. It shouldn't be much of a game if our heads are screwed on straight.
Agreed

Didn't know about the Hawaii game. Wonder how many times a regular season game has been scheduled this late.

also hate the 11am start if it was a noon or later i could have taken 1/2 day at work by working extra on wednsday by now ill dvr it

also hate the 11am start if it was a noon or later i could have taken 1/2 day at work by working extra on wednsday by now ill dvr it
Work an extra hour more than you were going to on Wednesday, or maybe work one more on tuesday or monday?

wednesday is possible but hopefully they just take care of missouri

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom