Tenative Leaked New New Big East 12 team division splits. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tenative Leaked New New Big East 12 team division splits.

That conglomeration of teams appears to be some kind of Conference USA sundae with Academy Whipped Cream and a sprinkling of Big East.

Yep with a pile of dog sheet on top as the cherry... YUM!! Open up Rutgers

Where is Cuse and Pitt? Aren't we staying around for 27 months?

If these adds were to happen quickly ,and we are not out of the BE in the same time frame it will be scheduling cluster nightmare for SU and Pitt. Would love to be in those meetings.

If these adds were to happen quickly ,and we are not out of the BE in the same time frame it will be scheduling cluster nightmare for SU and Pitt. Would love to be in those meetings.

The problem is how quickly UCF, SMU, etc can get into the Big East

We've learned that one of the points in the settlement with the ACC after the first go round of expansion was an agreement to play a certain number of games. I could see that happen again to hasten our exit. I don't think it would necessarily be with Pitt and SU, but the New New Big East will need high caliber BCS opponents to enhance their legitimacy.

We've learned that one of the points in the settlement with the ACC after the first go round of expansion was an agreement to play a certain number of games. I could see that happen again to hasten our exit. I don't think it would necessarily be with Pitt and SU, but the New New Big East will need high caliber BCS opponents to enhance their legitimacy.

As long as those games are against Navy and SMU. Zero interest in ever playing Rutgers or UConn ever again.

A dozen years go, only three of those schools were BCS level programs, and Temple was on their way down.

Two 1-AA programs, an Indy on their way to the MAC, one MWC program, four CUSA teams, and Navy.

This is a hot mess.

Yes, but O'Leary and Holtz are formidable and they play in a hotbed recruiting talent.

SMU and Houston have had glory years in football - Bill Yeoman invented the veer with the Cougers, who had great success at the end of the old SWC . And both schools are, again, in recruiting hotbeds.

Air Force and Navy are tough.

And L'ville, Cincy, WVU are very decent programs.

I'm underwhelmed by Temple, but all in all, given time, this group could end up forming a very decent football conference - one worthy of maintaining the BCS bid.

Three different timezones.

Nooners in the MST are 10 AM.

If they are playing 12N on the east coast, yes. If they are playing 12N MST, it will be 2pm back east. I'm so happy not to have to worry about that!

So glad we're watching this from the comfort of a stable conference.

To all of you who favored staying in the Big East, how are you feeling now about that shitshow?

If we had not left the BE there would not be a shitshow. At least not right away.

Yes, but O'Leary and Holtz are formidable and they play in a hotbed recruiting talent.

SMU and Houston have had glory years in football - Bill Yeoman invented the veer with the Cougers, who had great success at the end of the old SWC . And both schools are, again,

Air Force and Navy are tough.

And L'ville, Cincy, WVU are very decent programs.

I'm underwhelmed by Temple, but all in all, given time, this group could end up forming a very decent football conference - one worthy of maintaining the BCS bid.

It's also now a bed, who cares, it's conference usa

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/10/tentative_big_east_division_sp.html

East- UConn, Rutgers, South Florida, Central Florida, Navy, Temple
West- West Virginia, Houston, SMU, Louisville, Cincinnati, Air Force
It seems like the west is way better, but if the Big East got Boise State put them in the West and placed West Virginia in the East instead of Temple that isn't too bad. If only Marinatto wasn't a boob it could have be done sooner.

So let me see if I understand this: WVU would actually prefer this league over the ACC? Rutgers is going to still claim they can bring the NYC market? UConn is glad they pissed off BC when they went after then in 2003 (good idea burning bridges after the last ACC/Big East swap)? USF is glad to get neighboring UCF? Temple isn't bitter about being kicked out of the conference years ago? Marinatto still has a job?

Something tells me there is a great episode of The Octonion coming soon.

So let me see if I understand this: WVU would actually prefer this league over the ACC? Rutgers is going to still claim they can bring the NYC market? UConn is glad they pissed off BC when they went after then in 2003 (good idea burning bridges after the last ACC/Big East swap)? USF is glad to get neighboring UCF? Temple isn't bitter about being kicked out of the conference years ago? Marinatto still has a job?

Something tells me there is a great episode of The Octonion coming soon.

If we had the best of all worlds, the Big East Football Conference would still exist with Miami, BC, Va Tech, SU, Pitt, WVU and the others.

But it does not.

The BE needs to salvage its automatic BCS bid.

The approach described is not a bad alternative.

This stuff is all so ignorant. Why doesn't Marinara just call it quits with the all sports and form the BE basketball conference only. They'll get all these teams together and then...boom...the next day someone else will leave. Whether it is this season, next or 2-3 years from now, several of the current football contingent are going to leave if not all of them. Idiocy.

Is there something institutionally at Army that makes it harder for them to win than Navy or Air Force?

This stuff is all so ignorant. Why doesn't Marinara just call it quits with the all sports and form the BE basketball conference only. They'll get all these teams together and then...boom...the next day someone else will leave. Whether it is this season, next or 2-3 years from now, several of the current football contingent are going to leave if not all of them. Idiocy.

I really believe that Marinatto is secretly praying that Mizzou goes to the SEC and the B12 takes WV, UL, and Cincy. Then he can disband FB operations for the BE. The three leftover BE teams (UConn, RU, USF) would be allowed to stay for BBall if they choose or can have a free pass to leave for another conference. He then would hope that USF would leave for all sports and that UConn would go MAC for FB only, so they stay in the BE for BBall. As to RU I don't think he really would care either way. If RU stays for BBall you have a 10 team league. If they leave then you can add Xavier to get to 10.

I actually think this is how the BE should be playing it. For now invite FB onlies just to be safe in case Mizzou does move. So the BE offers Navy and Air Force for now to get to 8. Wait on adding UCF, SMU, Hou, or ECU until after the Mizzou thing is settled. Why add a bunch of FB schools if you don't need to?

If we had not left the BE there would not be a shitshow. At least not right away.

The Big East was a shitshow in 2004. Adding ConferenceUSA teams diluted the brand, regardless of what they may have done on the field. You could argue that what they did hurt the brand as schools like Cincinnati and UConn have won the conference. No matter what, those schools are not thought of highly as BCS-level programs.

The Big East already became ConferenceUSA Part II, now it's just completing the deal.

And that's not including the 16-team unwieldy basketball conference with the likes of DePaul, Seton Hall, Providence, et. al.

The conference was a mess, and it still is whether Pitt and SU had stayed or not. There's a reason they left, and it's because of the very fact of the lack of stability of the Big East.

Sounds like Army is out-Whatever happened to ECU and that annoying purple thing that came on our site?

http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./media/avatars/0/5/ruffinpirate.gif

The Big East was a shitshow in 2004.

The "diluted" BE outperformed the ACC on all on-the-field measurements since taking UM, VT, and BC.

As far as what some bean-counter and profiteer in the back-office cares about, yeah, the ACC beat the BE. Yay for them.

Is there something institutionally at Army that makes it harder for them to win than Navy or Air Force?

3 things

AF and Navy are more tech friendly
Jets are way cool to fly
Army has a greater chance of death or serious injury in the war

3 things

AF and Navy are more tech friendly
Jets are way cool to fly
Army has a greater chance of death or serious injury in the war

Thanks Mark. Follow-up... Do the academies recruit for football in the way SU does, or is it a much different approach? I'm assuming it's more "mutual agreement" than traditional recruiting.

Thanks Mark. Follow-up... Do the academies recruit for football in the way SU does, or is it a much different approach? I'm assuming it's more "mutual agreement" than traditional recruiting.

The academies bring in about 50 cadets yearly whom play football.

Out of that some get (basically redshirted) and sent to prep school for a year, some play JV FB, and a few will make the team. Lots of attrition over 4 years.

Cadets dont sign letters of commitment but rather receive appointments. The 25/85 rule doesn't apply.

Thanks again, Mark!

Since I live less than an hour from West Point I've always hoped they'd be as competitive as Navy and Air Force. Probably not happening anytime soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom