Tennessee interested in Babers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee interested in Babers

Denial is not just a river in Egypt. If Babers got the Miami job or the VaTech job last year does anyone here think he wouldn't be going to the ACC championship this year. Everyone else who follows college football closely can see that too.
Yeah, I think there is a legit question how babers can do with talent against a team with the same talent and the game comes down totally to coaching. We are so happy to be somewhat relevant that for the most part we over look the on sides kicks. the not going for the FG that we needed so badly at the end of the FSU game. Coaching is a lot more than talking. We haven't got much more than the talking as of yet. Now, I like dino a lot. But a big school would look and say, you have more questions to answer. I'll pass.

Tenn fans are all-in on Gruden (which makes absolutely 0 fcukng ing sense to me) but its not totally out of the realm of possibility that they go after Babers. UT fans would have a conniption fit if they hired a sub .500 p5 head coach, but i believe he would be successful there eventually. It would be a very risky move by UT which is why I believe they go after a more conservative route like Norvell from Memphis.

You kind of need to win games to be looked at by other schools...

Relax he going nowhere. Thankfully.

I heard that Franklin was on the short list for Florida and Tennessee
Is he from the south? It seems like staying where he is would be an easier road to the playoff.

Tennessee is expressing heavy interest in Dino Babers. I’ve heard this from PSU insiders. I haven’t seen a thing on this board. Is this being discussed at all in Syracuse????
that was based on an article written as an opinion piece the other day. My guess is the troy coach Neal Brown who is 37,8-2 and beat LSU this year and is from the south and knows the recruiting areas that Tenn. needs.

Is he from the south? It seems like staying where he is would be an easier road to the playoff.
Coached at Vandy before State

Penn State "insiders" also said Franklin would be fired before they took off last year
Penn State "insiders" still believe Saint Joe did nothing wrong
I talk to a lot of these clowns and I don't believe anything they say

he's not going anywhere yet. Sub 500 record isn't gonna get looks from schools that Dino would consider jumping to.

do we know what his buyout is after next year though? I always keep an eye on that number b/c it increases his leverage when it's lower especially b/c he's getting paid decent money at Syracuse

Supposedly, in the running for the Gators job. $26.9 mil 6 year, with potential of $5 mil a year(previous contract).

He'll get some looks, but I believe he stays.

You guys are nuts.. Worrying about this with a 4-6 record. Probably 5-7 at best. Hate to see what happens when we really start winning. Tenn guys think they can get Gruden which they can't and then they are going to try and sell a coach with a losing record. Stranger things have happened but why worry about it when we haven't had much success.. YET

If Dino did leave.. Ill take Joe Moorhead for $1,000 Alex

Dino is not going to get the Florida, Tennessee, or UCLA jobs. Oregon State, Arkansas maybe depending on who fills the top 3. A&M is a dark horse but im not sure they make a move this year.

Dino is not going to get the Florida, Tennessee, or UCLA jobs. Oregon State, Arkansas maybe depending on who fills the top 3. A&M is a dark horse but im not sure they make a move this year.

upload_2017-11-15_8-45-44.png

I don't think he's going anywhere, either. His name is being thrown out, though, by other media.

Its hard for and AD to justify hiring a coach who has been at a P5 school for 2 years both of which were losing season, the minute they do that the AD is put under magnifying glass. Ever decision from then out is scrutinized and examined with a fine tooth comb. Its perception. And no AD wants any more attention then they need. You couple that with the fact that Babers system take 1.5-2 years to implement properly then you have to be pretty secure in you job as an AD to sign off on that kind of deal, and lets face it, if you just fired a football coach at a factory like Tenn. then your job is not that secure. JMO

At his current record, the state of Tennessee will fume at getting Babers as their head coach. As much as I support Babers and want him for the longterm, I'd be happy for him and his family if he got an offer from Tennessee which will undoubtedly pay 3x+ more than here.

3x is not accurate. They arent paying him $6-7 mil. Just not happening.

3x is not accurate. They arent paying him $6-7 mil. Just not happening.

that's why i don't think he goes anywhere anytime soon. Colleges will want him to earn his keep and that would be essentially what he's making here (not taking into account his buyout). Gruden/Chip Kelly types will demand that 6-7mm number and may not even get it.

Coached at Vandy before State
I knew that. I was just trying to find a connection to why he would leave Penn St. Since he's from PA, Penn St. is probably considered an elite job, and the road to the playoff is easier there than in the SEC, why leave for UT or UF?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom