Tex Markiewicz | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tex Markiewicz

Big mistake. Now other teams have film on Tex.
Will dino even have to look at the film after his jaw dropping record breaking performance, he might even be able to answer questions in the press conference

Put them both in the backfield & call it Tex-Rex. If it works, it could be as big as “Thunder & Lightning” or the “Wildcat”. 2 QBs, let’s set a trend.
Oh man, how could I forget about the dynamic dou known as thunder & lightning.

Put them both in the backfield & call it Tex-Rex. If it works, it could be as big as “Thunder & Lightning” or the “Wildcat”. 2 QBs, let’s set a trend.
More like Thelma and Louise as the go off the cliff.

If Jacobian has to sit out next week, do we play Tex or go with Rex?
I would expect Rex. No couch would say, nor should they, but with no chance to win, you shouldn't put another young QB in a position to get a head injury. Let the older take the lumps.

I would expect Rex. No couch would say, nor should they, but with no chance to win, you shouldn't put another young QB in a position to get a head injury. Let the older take the lumps.
I mean, if this is the way we have to think about things, that our guys are basically sacrificial lambs, we need to work with the ACC on canceling our remaining games. If that's truly where we are right now.

I mean, if this is the way we have to think about things, that our guys are basically sacrificial lambs, we need to work with the ACC on canceling our remaining games. If that's truly where we are right now.

Two solutions:

Fake some covid results

Knee cap an OL or two.

And I'm not really joking.

Two solutions:

Fake some covid results

Knee cap an OL or two.

And I'm not really joking.
Sadly, if we let things take their natural course, I don't think we need to knee cap any of the OL, they'll get injured on their own. And I'm not really joking either.

This feels like the darkest timeline.

Dino has a serious problem with preparing more than one QB to play in a single game.
I know it was the end of the game, but why not give Tex the chance to throw once, at least? Probably because the coaching staff didn't get him adequately ready to play.
It wouldn't be the first time that Dino assumed that one QB is enough.

If we had an offensive line that didn't resemble a revolving door, we could maybe make it work with another freshman. Since we don't, canceling games may not be the worst idea. Tomcat mentioned in his post we were close to not having enough available players to be allowed to play.

Dino has a serious problem with preparing more than one QB to play in a single game.
I know it was the end of the game, but why not give Tex the chance to throw once, at least? Probably because the coaching staff didn't get him adequately ready to play.
It wouldn't be the first time that Dino assumed that one QB is enough.
The guy that started isn't prepared. Why would we think the other freshman not starting would be prepared.

Nothing has changed from a few weeks ago. No offseason and an abbreviated preseason meant those guys would not be prepared. Our atrocious oline just makes it that much worse.

I vaguely remember every member of this site using the phrase next man up and some still do. The bottom line is they all came here to play. Next man up and keep lining them up until we find one that is capable

I vaguely remember every member of this site using the phrase next man up and some still do. The bottom line is they all came here to play. Next man up and keep lining them up until we find one that is capable
Look, if next man up means "next man up until they inevitably get injured" because we can't keep anyone healthy that's just flat out (to employ an overused term on the board) unacceptable and borderline criminal.

We should not play that Notre Dame game at this point. Full stop.

Look, if next man up means "next man up until they inevitably get injured" because we can't keep anyone healthy that's just flat out (to employ an overused term on the board) unacceptable and borderline criminal.

We should not play that Notre Dame game at this point. Full stop.
this is life. I’m sorry if it’s not ideal you can’t stop or quit in the real world because the odds are stacked. This is the product of this new age we live in and ten years ago you would have never uttered something like don’t play cause you might get hurt. Could you image telling Rob Konrad to stop swimming it’s not worth it. This isn’t the 14 year old paper boy delivering the Tuesday news in an artic storm. These are men playing a brutal sport they love. Should firemen stop running into burning buildings. Should the military stop charging. The answer is and always should be push forward

this is life. I’m sorry if it’s not ideal you can’t stop or quit in the real world because the odds are stacked. This is the product of this new age we live in and ten years ago you would have never uttered something like don’t play cause you might get hurt. Could you image telling Rob Konrad to stop swimming it’s not worth it. This isn’t the 14 year old paper boy delivering the Tuesday news in an artic storm. These are men playing a brutal sport they love. Should firemen stop running into burning buildings. Should the military stop charging. The answer is and always should be push forward
Teams are cancelling games all over the place because things are pretty unprecedented right now and they can't fully function as programs, so I can't take it seriously that you're equating this to some greater societal message about telling firemen to not do their jobs.

Yeah, ten years ago I would have never uttered that, but that's because ten years ago I never envisioned a pandemic ripping through our society like this and fundamentally changing daily life as we know it. So there's a little bit of context here that matters.

Teams are cancelling games all over the place because things are pretty unprecedented right now and they can't fully function as programs, so I can't take it seriously that you're equating this to some greater societal message about telling firemen to not do their jobs.

Yeah, ten years ago I would have never uttered that, but that's because ten years ago I never envisioned a pandemic ripping through our society like this and fundamentally changing daily life as we know it. So there's a little bit of context here that matters.
Well it’s a good thing you aren’t in charge of the team. As criminal as you think it is they will play out the season and the players will be better off from fighting through the issues that present themselves

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom