Texas RB Randy (Rabbit) Gober offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Texas RB Randy (Rabbit) Gober offered

Run, Rabbit, Run!

Probably not a lot of John Updike fans on this board, huh?
I loved the Rabbit series when I read them, but that was about 30 years ago.

I just read that interview ... I really like that kid ... I hope we land him.

I loved the Rabbit series when I read them, but that was about 30 years ago.
Great series, each book written about 1o years apart from 1960 - 2001 and showed the cultural changes that occurred in America over that time and how they affected Harry and his family. James Caan played the role of Rabbit in the movie and he was perfect for the part. The movie was pretty faithful to the book. I remember hearing an interview of Updike on Fresh Air a while back. His impetus for writing Rabbit Run was Kerouac's On the Road. Harry takes off at the beginning of Rabbit Run but realizes he really has no where to go and heads back home to his boring and predictable life.

On a side note, Syracuse went 10-3 in 2001 and beat K-State in the Insight.Com Bowl. 2001 was also Greg Schiano's first year as Rutgers Head Coach. He went 2-9.

Rabbit upgraded to 2 star on Scout. I'd take a 2 star out of the Lonestar any day.

You guys think hes better then Davis from Milford? Akron coaches had Charles at 5'9 183 4.38 40ty 4.0Shuttle 10'4Board jump and a 39.5 Vert Kid a beast Davis or Rabbit?

You guys think hes better then Davis from Milford? Akron coaches had Charles at 5'9 183 4.38 40ty 4.0Shuttle 10'4Board jump and a 39.5 Vert Kid a beast Davis or Rabbit?
I like Davis' film better, but both appear to be talented backs. Seems the SU staff must be higher on Davis if Gober is ready to commit but currently isn't able to do so. :noidea:

This situation seems confusing. I wonder how interested our staff really is in this kid.

It seems to me that he does not have an offer and that he's down on the pecking order list quite a bit.

I like Davis' film better, but both appear to be talented backs. Seems the SU staff must be higher on Davis if Gober is ready to commit but currently isn't able to do so. :noidea:
Davis' friendship with Daniels might have something to do with it, too.

Or Pink Floyd for that matter.

I get the Pink Floyd reference but everytime I read his nickname I think B Rabbit
thumbnail.aspx

Davis' friendship with Daniels might have something to do with it, too.
They may have found out about Davis through recruiting Daniels, but kid looks like a legit prospect to me - not sure why anyone would pooh-pooh the offer after watching his film :noidea:

sounds like we know our answer as to why he hasn't heard anything from the staff.