Thamel gives some names | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

Give me Candle or Chesney. Both very good coaches in terms of “x’s and o’s” and reasonable hires. Both are on the younger end for coach age and could be here awhile. Northeast/Ohio ties for both and both charismatic guys that can probably recruit well.

No Bronco Mendenhall please. Here are some more names I hope Wildhack considers:

Ed Orgeron

Mike Hart

The Boz
No Bronco but you like Coach O and the The Boz? Mike Hart has very little experience and he bolted outta here before he even arrived. No thanks.

For all of us who aren't plugged in or with sources just look at the track record of the people saying White. For the most part, these are the same people who were saying AA for the basketball side when all of us were calling for a national search. So it looks like it will be White unfortunately
Yeah feel the same way here….

For all of us who aren't plugged in or with sources just look at the track record of the people saying White. For the most part, these are the same people who were saying AA for the basketball side when all of us were calling for a national search. So it looks like it will be White unfortunately
I will be my life on it that a national search to identify candidates had been underway “in case.”

If White is hired, I would have no problem on it given the admin knows what’s on the line here.

Yup. We won 10 games in four years before Doug.

He went 4-8, 8-5, 5-7, 8-5, and left enough pieces for Shafer to go 7-6 year one of ACC play.

He also had the following guys drafted:
Delone Carter, Doug Hogue, Chan Jones, Andrew Tiller, Justin Pugh, Ryan Nassib, Jay Bromley, Shamarko Thomas, Marquis Spruill, Riley Dixon

he had more guys drafted than Shafer and Babers did combined.
He didn't recruit a decent QB No thanks.

If it is White I would like him to have an assistant that has had HC experience on the staff. This goes for any first time HC.

I will be my life on it that a national search to identify candidates had been underway “in case.”

If White is hired, I would have no problem on it given the admin knows what’s on the line here.

Sounds just like AA hire. "They did a national search before letting go of JAB and decided to go with AA" "They did a national search before letting go of Dino and decided to go with White"

The biggest thing here is the use of the word National Search. No way they did a true national search and without any interviews just have hired White just like they did with AA.

I think he would keep most of why is already in place….
And the only plus I can really see is that he probably has the best shot at keeping the kids we want to keep.

Candle consistently does less with by far the most resources and talent in the MAC. He would fail here. Pass.

Bronco would be incredible. Hopefully Beck and Anae have good things to say about Cuse.
Yessir. He would infuriate people here the same way Dino did. Lots of penalties and head scratching decisions.

No Bronco but you like Coach O and the The Boz? Mike Hart has very little experience and he bolted outta here before he even arrived. No thanks.
That’s right. We need to draw recruits. I’m leaning towards the Boz as top choice. Coach Boz will rebuild this program in the same way Coach Prime is rebuilding Colorado.

Last edited:
I jujst don't see what White has done to merit this job. Besides knowing JW of course.
Players coach, great recruiter, clear philosophy on one side of the ball, well respected by other coaches, programs and donors

Schiano

Not better the 2nd time around. But better than what they had before him.

Petrino wasn’t better 2nd time around either at Louisville.

Johnny Majors 2nd stint at Pitt was hilarious.

Thinking maybe Mike Riley at Oregon State is one example?

I dont think he takes this job thinking the offense doesnt need major changes
Will def get that. Just don’t think it will be too drastic style wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom