Thamel gives some names | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

Sounds just like AA hire. "They did a national search before letting go of JAB and decided to go with AA" "They did a national search before letting go of Dino and decided to go with White"

The biggest thing here is the use of the word National Search. No way they did a true national search and without any interviews just have hired White just like they did with AA.
I don't care as much about the terms they want to use to get their guy. But they have to be right. High bar. If it is White, he better be a big improvement.

Players coach, great recruiter, clear philosophy on one side of the ball, well respected by other coaches, programs and donors
He was a great recruiter here? I don't remember it that way. I also don't know how we measure that he is respected by other coaches, programs and doners. On the donor front, I guess we will see how much NIL they get to use.

Id be ok with White and think its a natural easy first look for the AD

Im not talking style. Staff, personnel and development
The big question to me is Beck. I want to think he’s the guys but I can’t tell if he was held back by Dino or what. The oline sitch needs a complete overhaul but there is some talent there on O. I think Nunzio as interim is tellimg

And the only plus I can really see is that he probably has the best shot at keeping the kids we want to keep.

Well I suppose whoever the new HC is we'd find out right away how good he is at recruiting regarding on who stays.

Consistently coaching excellent defense? You know, clearly being a good coach?
No Head coaching experience. No experience that I know of on the other side of the ball. I'm honestly not knocking the guy. I just don't see the great value. Other than keeping the guys we want to keep and if it is a close call, I can see that. I don't know who else we could get.

He was a great recruiter here? I don't remember it that way. I also don't know how we measure that he is respected by other coaches, programs and doners. On the donor front, I guess we will see how much NIL they get to use.
We had good defensive players while he was here. We went through this exercise last week and I really don’t want to rehash it.

No Head coaching experience. No experience that I know of on the other side of the ball. I'm honestly not knocking the guy. I just don't see the great value. Other than keeping the guys we want to keep and if it is a close call, I can see that. I don't know who else we could get.
Young coordinators are getting HC gigs in college and the NFL….they use analytics more than ever. Rather than rely on some 62-year olds memory of the way the game used to be played

We had good defensive players while he was here. We went through this exercise last week and I really don’t want to rehash it.
I didn't say he couldn't coach defense. But the best recruits I thought, were other guys recruits.

Heard a rumor that would make the Chris Ash thread look like a blip on the screen. Won’t post it to save my source, but good God it would be horrible.
Rehiring Dino on a 1-year $1M deal?

The big question to me is Beck. I want to think he’s the guys but I can’t tell if he was held back by Dino or what. The oline sitch needs a complete overhaul but there is some talent there on O. I think Nunzio as interim is tellimg
Super telling, shows no one on the staff is of interest for the job. Which is good

Young coordinators are getting HC gigs in college and the NFL….they use analytics more than ever. Rather than rely on some 62-year olds memory of the way the game used to be played
Yeah, maybe he is good. But I have no way of knowing that. It looks like he is a guy that JW knows. And respects. And that as always with JW, is the deciding factor rather than do a real search.

Last edited:
Or the new coach said Nunzio was who he wanted to stay.
Retaining the TE coach of a team that never did anything with TEs is an interesting choice.

Did he bring in any big recruits?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom