Thamel reporting the Big East wants to make SU/Pitt stay till 2014* | Syracusefan.com

Thamel reporting the Big East wants to make SU/Pitt stay till 2014*

seton hall about to lose anderson -- who would sign with any old big east schools at this point-- ofcourse they will say that-- we will be in ACC next yr -- no doubt in my mind

That won't happen. And how about Marinatto's quote:

"We may even hold the opening round of our basketball tournament in Greensboro"

Wow

Time to blow this thing up.
Macgruber.jpg

That won't happen. And how about Marinatto's quote:

"We may even hold the opening round of our basketball tournament in Greensboro"

Wow
LOLOLOL. Okay, how about we trade, you can have greensboro, we'll take MSG. He needs to just shut up because he's looking foolish now.

sounds like a bargaining maneuver. 2014 seems so far away. Will we be driving flying cars to the games?

Once all the dominoes fall, there either won't be a big east or all parties will agree to move on much quicker than that, it's just that things are so unsettled right now that the big east has to try everything it can to appear like a legit conference for as long as they can

Once all the dominoes fall, there either won't be a big east or all parties will agree to move on much quicker than that, it's just that things are so unsettled right now that the big east has to try everything it can to appear like a legit conference for as long as they can

Yea, this is just commissioner-speak. If they were to really hold us around for a couple of years, that tells me that he has zero plan of where to go next with his conference. Once he figures out what the BE's next move is, we'll be released from jail. We'll be playing the ACC next year. I have no doubt about that.

How long before Marinatto resorts to the Pee Wee Herman retort of "I know you are but what am I?"

Bitter much, Marinatto? Especially considering this could have been prevented had he removed his thumb from his ass and been even the slightest bit proactive. I don't want to leave the Big East, but it's a runaway train at this point.

Won't ever happen.

childish responce which will gain nothing in the real world
Agreed, thank god we are out of this mess... I am just glad we got our deal done first because the hand ringing going on over at uconn, wvu, and rutgers is too much to take. I believe 1 of those schools will get screwed

2014 doesn't even make sense. 27 months from now is 11/19/13.

If the 27 months hold, it does, that school year ends in 2014. This year SU will have played six basketball games by 11/19.

Marinarra is a boob

DUH?

Seriously, does he not realize it was his own glaring incompetence that drove us and Pitt to this move?

I say he busts down the ACC's door and challenges Swofford to a fist fight reffed by Higgins and Burr only to be mysteriously fouled out. Big East fans then shake their head at the two refs and the strange smell of gin lingering in the room.

Not sure how keeping 2 schools in the conference against their will while simultaneously trying to recruit new members and negotiate a new TV deal will work out.

Methinks this is a bargaining chip.

If the Big East membership thinks the leadership is disjointed now...

I don't think the BE is thinking straight right now. They may not be able to keep Syracuse and Pitt around that long. Even Rick Pitino understands that in order for the conference to shore itself up fast, they will have to make room for the new schools. And if UConn and Rutgers join the magic bus south, I don't see how the BE could keep all four beyond a year. Make no mistake, the Big12 is about to implode, making this likely the last year that those schools play together. You think that Kansas, KSU, Mizzou, ISU and Baylor are going to want to sit around for another year playing against each other? Nope. Marinatto no longer controls the timetable. Texas and Oklahoma do. When those dominoes fall, you can bet the exit will be quick. We're talking PAC-16 by Sept. 2012.

Marinatto can bluster all he wants. No way we are in the BE beyond this season. If he wants what's left of his conference to survive, then he needs accept the fact that he has to fill the holes NOW and get the teams playing ASAP! There is no time for jilted lover syndrome.

so what, lets win the big east in the next two years and recruit players who will be ready to play in the ACC in 2014

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom