Thank God Duke lost. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Thank God Duke lost.

Watched the highlights, almost every rebound by Zion was either over the back or a push off. Then most of his drives started with a travel because he would juke with his feet before dribbling. Funny stuff.
dook is constantly rebounding over people's backs. If and when it's ever called against them, it's a major noteworthy event.

Last edited:
Plus I had Michigan State in my bracket. Ended up with 3 of 4. Picked Kentucky over Auburn.

Best year I’ve ever had. By far. Will be cashing a check for once.

I’m usually done by the end of the first weekend.

Spared me a week of Zion Williamson adulation (who’s not that good anyway) and they weren’t that good this tournament anyway.
You don’t think Zion is good?
Is this serious?
Dude is 18 going on 19 and has off the charts athleticism and power.
Zion is the best player to play in college since Steph Curry or Anthony Davis and the best NBA prospect since Durant.

You don’t think Zion is good?
Is this serious?
Dude is 18 going on 19 and has off the charts athleticism and power.
Zion is the best player to play in college since Steph Curry or Anthony Davis and the best NBA prospect since Durant.

Not “that” good ie not worth the hype he’s been getting.

But now I’m gonna revise that and say he flat out sucks. Just for you.

Not “that” good ie not worth the hype he’s been getting.

But now I’m gonna revise that and say he flat out sucks. Just for you.
I respect this in a haters gotta hate way.
Tip of the cap.
I honestly think a lot of players get overhyped but Zion is the real deal.
He will be an all-NBA level talent within 3 years.

The next day he goes to class will be his first.
TBF, they have to pass their classes in the 1st semester. They're now done for the year because they'll get a non-failing withdrawal.

Jones is crying like there was bonus money for getting to the Final Four.
(Cannot believe I am doing this)
Easy on Jones. His Mom is battling cancer and he’s from MSP, site of the F4. So this was somewhat personal in nature.

Tip of the cap.
I agree...he's Barkley on steroids. My only gripe is he comes off as too impressed with himself. Stop staring at your hand, dude. And my only concern for him at the next level is whether or not he'll mix it up with bigger players.

Tip of the cap.
Durant was 4 pts higher and 4 or so rebounds higher , he never received that kinda hype. It’s a different time nowadays , the hype machine is real. The media loves 3 things celebrity, horse race, and scandal. They love this.

Zion and RJ will if they haven’t already.

Reddish will cry because he’s not good but K is gonna force him out a la Duval.
I thought they all had agents already

Durant was 4 pts higher and 4 or so rebounds higher , he never received that kinda hype. It’s a different time nowadays , the hype machine is real. The media loves 3 things celebrity, horse race, and scandal. They love this.
Durant and Oden got tons of hype that year.
ESPN overhyped Zion no doubt but Durant isn’t the athlete Zion is.
Durant was a better shooter and scorer.
Durant is going to finish as one of the top 20 greatest players of alltime.
I don’t know if Zion will get there but he is the real deal.

(Cannot believe I am doing this)
Easy on Jones. His Mom is battling cancer and he’s from MSP, site of the F4. So this was somewhat personal in nature.
I didn’t know about his mom, that’s terrible. But, I don’t feel bad for Duke for losing. I hope the NCAA steps up and cleans up the sport. But, we all know they won’t.

Duke needed to foul to stop the clock and put the Spartans on the line, but they play such a clean game they couldn't possibly commit enough fouls in the final seconds to succeed.

Just a shame.

Bravo! We all have to step up our sarcasm game after that post.

I agree...he's Barkley on steroids. My only gripe is he comes off as too impressed with himself. Stop staring at your hand, dude. And my only concern for him at the next level is whether or not he'll mix it up with bigger players.
Zion is grand ma ma on steroids. As a Knicks fan I'm torn... the dude is unstoppable in college but I wonder if his body holds up and how he looks going up against bigger dudes.