Thank you Bill Walton | Syracusefan.com

Thank you Bill Walton

Met him years ago when he was the guest speaker at the SU Sports Auction.

Gives a great speech.

000_0789.JPG
000_0791.JPG

he did commit the cardinal sin of calling the game with 10 minutes left but..".spokane ? so you've been to the palouse falls ?" and good thing for him we collapsed like a lawn chair

rnwkap5.jpg

Last edited:
People hate him.. I find him immensely enjoyable when the games outcome isn’t in doubt
Same, dude was one of the best ever to play and injuries kept him from being in the discussion of being an all time great and he could be incredibly bitter. He loves the games, but he also doesn’t take the game too seriously even with his extremely high basketball iq. Some of those stories take weird twists but I like it.

People hate him but I love him. Always have. Yeah, he obviously loses focus and talks about so much unrelated to the game but he clearly does know the game and is actually ridiculously intelligent.

Met him years ago when he was the guest speaker at the SU Sports Auction.

Gives a great speech.
96 ish time period? i have a mug in my office from that event. I purchased via auction that night:

1. Melvin Tuten's football sneakers
2. the Elimu Nelson 1994 uniform (thus the handle)

I own the worst collection of SU merchandise ever.

96 ish time period? i have a mug in my office from that event. I purchased via auction that night:

1. Melvin Tuten's football sneakers
2. the Elimu Nelson 1994 uniform (thus the handle)

I own the worst collection of SU merchandise ever.
Well that settles it. You're definitely not a dude named Eli Munelson.

he did commit the cardinal sin of calling the game with 10 minutes left but..".spokane ? so you've been to the palouse falls ?" and good thing for him we collapsed like a lawn chair
Who was chance named after.?

Recently I rewatched the Lakers/Celtics 30 for 30. I literally LOLed at Kevin McHale talking about how for like 3 years after 1986, whenever Bill Walton would answer his phone he would say "hello this is Bill Walton of the 1986 World Champion Boston Celtics."

Can't stand the guy. Never could.
I agree. Obviously in the minority but he thinks he's the show and provides absolutely no basketball insight which considering he was one of the smartest players ever...its nuts

Last edited:
I’ve seen him call Clippers games within the first 10 minutes. Team goes up 8-0: “Did you see that? That was the game-winning shot.” Hilarious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom