That mediocre bound for .500 Northwestern team | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

That mediocre bound for .500 Northwestern team

I hear you, but Vegas (not done scrub dude) is not in the business of losing money. An upset by any reasonable definition is when one team is favored over another team yet loses. In this case we aren't talking about a measly point or two. It was a TD plus.

I feel safe in stating that I stand correct in my initial comment re: NW win over Sparty was an upset, notwithstanding your personal metric on how to determine upsets.

Peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you would feel safe looking at how each team performed up to that point and saying MSU was worthy of a 7.5 point spread? Not sure how anyone could. And yes they are in the business of making money but lets face it ... it doesn't mean what they do is an exact science ... but looking at their schedules do you feel that spread was justifiable? In my mind no ...

Well to be brutally honest ... if memory serves I took the 7.5 points and made some coin. What's more humorous and what belies my point that it was an upset is that the line went from 6.5 to 7.5 (although some books didn't make the jump over the cliff and held it at 7 at -120. The money came in on Michigan State, although it was obviously fairly close to 50/50 (in other words I do not remember reading about Vegas being lopsided on the game and the line movements throughout the week leading up to kickoff do not reflect any "major" swings). So the fact that there was no "major" line movement during the week, means that a very larger percentage of the country thought the line was just fine.

Well to be brutally honest ... if memory serves I took the 7.5 points and made some coin. What's more humorous and what belies my point that it was an upset is that the line went from 6.5 to 7.5 (although some books didn't make the jump over the cliff and held it at 7 at -120. The money came in on Michigan State, although it was obviously fairly close to 50/50 (in other words I do not remember reading about Vegas being lopsided on the game and the line movements throughout the week leading up to kickoff do not reflect any "major" swings). So the fact that there was no "major" line movement during the week, means that a very larger percentage of the country thought the line was just fine.

Truthfully I don't gamble ... and if you took the 7.5 that feeds into the question I asked above ... did you think they were significant favorites heading into that game ... doesn't sound like it. And if a very large percentage of the country is gambling on NW vs MSU then I think we have bigger problems ... but then again I feel as if this country is getting flushed down the toilet anyway ... hell they can gamble all they wish on a terrible football product known as the B1G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom