That second crew | Syracusefan.com

That second crew

Lucid

Last One Picked
Was anyone else as jazzed as I was when JB made those wholesale substitutions in the second half? I think it was Jalen, Buddy, Bourama, and Marek, and the defense actually improved. The tempo and intensity certainly increased, I think mostly thanks to Jalen, but it seemed to me that Buddy was also playing like he had joy and something to prove.

I mean, imagine if we had anything close to that last year. In spite of Frank's (and the team's) troubles, we've got a great deal to be thankful for.

Was anyone else as jazzed as I was when JB made those wholesale substitutions in the second half? I think it was Jalen, Buddy, Bourama, and Marek, and the defense actually improved. The tempo and intensity certainly increased, I think mostly thanks to Jalen, but it seemed to me that Buddy was also playing like he had joy and something to prove.

I mean, imagine if we had anything close to that last year. In spite of Frank's (and the team's) troubles, we've got a great deal to be thankful for.
JB only had 5 or 6 healthy bodies available down the stretch last season.

I agree and thought they played well. Small glimpse of what’s to come next year.
I was saying that to the wife - that's pretty much the starters for next year. It is going to be nice having Jalen, Hughes, Sidibe, Buddy, and Marek all coming back next year. I am not sure if Buddy is going to be starting, but we are going to have some veteran depth that we have not had in years

we have veteran depth this year you mean ? we return 5 starters plus sidibe and washington.
(and hughes was in the system) this year we have veteran depth.

I was excited to see the massive substitution at the time because many of the starters were gassed. JB should have subbed in earlier for Frank who looked tired and Battle wasn't doing much either.

gassed after 10 minutes of game action? I just thought the reason for the line change was they sucked.

closer to twelve. regardless the fresh tires gave us some traction to pull away.

Im far from a HOF coach but would love to see JB sub more and keep "fresh" legs on the court......we seem to have the depth to do it this year while subbing in quality players...

Subs are great but you start getting that looking over your shoulder thing going and afraid to make a mistake. That was the beauty of it last year for the players as they could take chances knowing they weren’t getting yanked

That was the beauty of it last year...
I could be wrong, but I don't recall anything from last year that could be described using the word, "Beauty."

I could be wrong, but I don't recall anything from last year that could be described using the word, "Beauty."
Ha I hear ya but I was speaking from a players perspective as you know and last years guys had the keys to the car like it or not

No one besides Oshae, (maybe) on this team needs more than 34 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom