That was a giant step towards msg | Syracusefan.com

That was a giant step towards msg

the only thing I'm worried about is the committee's Duke inflation factor. Let's say Duke wins round 2, then wins the ACC tourney. I could see a scenario where both Duke and SU get #1's, but SU gets screwed and shipped out.

the only thing I'm worried about is the committee's Duke inflation factor. Let's say Duke wins round 2, then wins the ACC tourney. I could see a scenario where both Duke and SU get #1's, but SU gets screwed and shipped out.

Duke is not getting the #1 over us if we only have 3 losses. We could lose 5 and probably still be ahead of them.

Duke is going to be tired when they play us now.
3 games in 5 days...
I hope this is a significant factor in our favor when the team plays at Cameron. That Duke loses to UNC in their make up game.

I think we have to win the ACC regular season to have a lock at MSG...I may be too conservative but I don't want to leave anything to chance...if we just keep winning everything else will take care of itself. So, we beat UVA then we are in...we lose, we need to win a couple at the ACC tournament...

I think we have to win the ACC regular season to have a lock at MSG...I may be too conservative but I don't want to leave anything to chance...if we just keep winning everything else will take care of itself. So, we beat UVA then we are in...we lose, we need to win a couple at the ACC tournament...

I feel the same way. SU has a history of getting screwed by the committee, while Duke gets annual seed inflation.

Duke lost at clemson and at nd. Both What losses. They also failed to pickup a key win in the non conf. We got the wins in maui and vs nova as well as no What losses. As long as we dont trip vs anyone besides duke, uva or more than one of md or fla st we are good.

Duke lost at clemson and at nd. Both What losses. They also failed to pickup a key win in the non conf. We got the wins in maui and vs nova as well as no What losses. As long as we dont trip vs anyone besides duke, uva or more than one of md or fla st we are good.
Duke has OOC wins vs Michigan and UCLA. The win against Michigan is gaining value. IMO we need a win over UVA to win the ACC regular season to lock things up. Barring that we need to avoid Duke getting 2 wins against us (at Cameron and in the ACCT).

Bingo, Fairfax.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom