The 15 worst mascots in college sports | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The 15 worst mascots in college sports

7???? We was robbed!;)
I'm used to Otto after all these years but I have never liked an orange polyester bean bag chair lookalike for a mascot.

I've always thought they should make A Super Otto like the one Mike Borkowski created. Keep Otto , add Super Otto and have 2 mascots! 1 for the kids and 1 more modern for adults.

I've always thought they should make A Super Otto like the one Mike Borkowski created. Keep Otto , add Super Otto and have 2 mascots! 1 for the kids and 1 more modern for adults.
Yeah./ One like the "Hazmat Otto"

"DEALING WITH DANGER AT THE DOME DUDE!"​

Like this one!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376056354.494611.jpg

We should definitely change it to a wildcat or an eagle.

Definitely.

Here's a confession: I was in the Otto costume.

I don't remember what year it was (maybe 1990 or 1991?) but I lost a bet (some sort of drinking competition that I lost to a guy who outweighed me by about a hundred pounds) and had to try out to be Otto. The rehearsals were held at one of the gyms (Flanagan or Archibold?). We had some time to rehearse and figure out how to walk and cheer and stuff in the Otto costume. We also did some basic gymnastics stuff like tumbling. I say basic but I'm not much of an athlete and doing anything in that cumbersome costume is very difficult. It was actually the old Otto costume and smelled like sweat and ass. There were two costumes and I got stuck with the real old one.

The best thing about the rehearsals was getting to interact with the cheerleaders. Some of them were very hot and they had on small shorts and t-shirts. We even had to try to get to the top of the pyramid---that's a lot tougher than it looks. A lot of the Ottos are actually pretty good athletes and a few of them were members of the SU gymnastics team.

The actual tryouts were held in the Dome. There was a three or four person panel of judges, including the cheerleading coach. We were specifically told not to do anything provocative. I didn't want to be Otto, so my mission was to make a mockery of the tryout. (Plus, after the cheerleading coach saw me struggle with the basic gymnastics I'm surprised she even let me tryout.) After some basic clapping and jumping up and down, I srtarted to take off the white Otto gloves (like I was doing a striptease). My friends were watching and cracking up. The judges weren't pleased. They cut off my music immediately. The cheerleading coach shouted, "Thank you!!!" and I slinked away. At least I didn't wind up like Frank The Tank in Old School when he wore the mascot outfit.

15 sex-crazed mascots
15 falling down drunk mascots
15 mascots you could in theory shoot out of a large mascot cannon!
etc.

How could they omit this

1. Rhode Island School Of Design: Scrotie The Nads

Rhode-Island-School-Of-Design-Scrotie-The-Nads.jpg
Rhode-Island-School-Of-Design-Scrotie-The-Nads2.jpg
Rhode-Island-School-Of-Design-Scrotie-The-Nads3.jpg

Scrotie is perhaps the most ridiculous mascot ever embraced by a student body. The giant walking penis is awaited by spectators at every university sporting event, and the costume makes sense considering that the teams at the school are also crudely named after male genitalia. The basketball team is known as "The Balls" and the hockey team goes by the name "The Nads." How these names passed through university administration is beyond us, but they have become a part of school tradition. The basketball cheerleaders even go by the name "The Jockstraps," since they support The Balls. (Photo Source 1 & 2, Photo Source 3)

That ceyanne pepper mascot is badass.

Seems like guys who made this list took tradition right out of the picture. It is more than what the mascot is and what it looks like.

The guy who made the list was some 24 year new hire to an Internet marketing company. The list is just designed to get hits n clicks

The guy who made the list was some 24 year new hire to an Internet marketing company. The list is just designed to get hits n clicks
Exactly. Besides, those are some of my favorite mascots. Two glaring omissions are UC-Santa Cruz Banana Slugs and Delaware Fightin' Blue Hen.

Exactly. Besides, those are some of my favorite mascots. Two glaring omissions are UC-Santa Cruz Banana Slugs and Delaware Fightin' Blue Hen.

Banana Slugs: immortalized in Pulp Fiction.