The 15 worst mascots in college sports | Syracusefan.com

The 15 worst mascots in college sports

That's just wrong I love Otto, especially angry Otto! How about that creepy thing from Western Kentucky

Otto is cute for the kids, but it is a horrible "mascot". Bring back the Saltine Warrior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otto is cute for the kids, but it is a horrible "mascot". Bring back the Saltine Warrior.

Being horrible, and dopey, and feminine is part of the charm. Kind of like: We don't have to pretend to be tough or warrior-like via our mascot. Only real, hard-nosed men have the b@lls to have a goofy, smiling fruit as a mascot.

I'm sure they will...right after the admin changes our name back to the Orangemen.

I'm sure they will...right after the admin changes our name back to the Orangemen.

That would be great. Can you imagine the Saltine Warrior coming out of the tunnel on a white horse?

That would be great. Can you imagine the Saltine Warrior coming out of the tunnel on a white horse?

There's gotta be some way to make that work that will not offend Native Americans. Get them involved and use it to educate people about what is important to them. Would be so much cooler. My 2nd favorite football team is CU, and it is flat out awesome when they run Ralphie around the field.

Are you on scopper duty?

There's gotta be some way to make that work that will not offend Native Americans. Get them involved and use it to educate people about what is important to them. Would be so much cooler. My 2nd favorite football team is CU, and it is flat out awesome when they run Ralphie around the field.

It was more of a hop, than a run with Ralphie, if I remember correctly.
ralphie.jpg

Pretty sure Otto has made every best mascot/worst mascot/weirdest mascot/coolest mascot/lamest mascot list I've seen ever.

Because Otto is unique and memorable, And he appeals to kids. And that is all you can expect a mascot to be or do.

It is a mascot. If you don't have a live animal, who the fluck cares?

IMHO, a mascot should be a half-drunk undergrad with much enthusiasm for doing stupid but funny things.

Like fighting another mostly drunk undergrad with a rainbow wig...;)

The mascots for the Yankees and Giants are way better.

;)

I think Big Red, Hokie, Otto, Stanford Tree, and Fighting Okra are awesome.

LOL, I liked the 'Fighting Okra' too. But even though VT's mascot is a Turkey, the world still doesn't know what a 'Hokie' is. Although I'm sure, given Blacksburg's location, no one actually cares to know ...

Pretty sure Otto has made every best mascot/worst mascot/weirdest mascot/coolest mascot/lamest mascot list I've seen ever.

It's anything to anyone. Versatile. It's in a select class with Stanford, Western Kentucky and UC-Santa Cruz.

The writer doesn't know that "double entendre" means. I think he means palindrome.
Maybe I'm slow but he would have to explain to me how Otto the Orange is a double entendre.

Maybe I'm slow but he would have to explain to me how Otto the Orange is a double entendre.

If you have to explain it, it takes all of the sexiness out of it.

That ceyanne pepper mascot is badass.

Seems like guys who made this list took tradition right out of the picture. It is more than what the mascot is and what it looks like.

Ladies and Gentlemans, I give you the University of California Santa Cruz Banana Slug.
image.jpg

Maybe they should consider giving a scholorship to an Indian providing he be the Saltine Warrior.That would be great for someone who couldn't afford to go to college.