The 2 Penalties | Syracusefan.com

The 2 Penalties

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
I had an opportunity to watch the game after it was over on ESPN3 replay last night. I had caught the score before watching and was excited to see how it played out. I do not know how anyone watched that game without having a heart attack, I would have freaked out if I had seen it live. When we had a false start and illegal formation penalties back to back on the final drive, before the Sales catch, I would have punched a hole in my computer screen. I would have switched into "typical Syracuse football mode" and been all sorts of fiery. How did you react? Following that, seeing Sales get about a millimeter (maybe he did cross the plane) away from the goal line would have sent me over the edge completely. I think in that moment I would have been frozen in fear of some how not finding a way to punch it in after getting that close. My goodness, how did you watch that game live?! Awesome game, great results... it's good to be Orange.

Lemon's false start reminded me of a WR in an arena game. He was like full speed going forward when the ball was snapped

I saw that yelled "what the hell!" Arena football...perfect comparison.

Lemon's false start reminded me of a WR in an arena game. He was like full speed going forward when the ball was snapped

I wonder if Lemon is the only one that did the right thing. After it happened they showed Marrone and he yelled something about we are suppose to be going on the first sound. Didn't know if he was yelling that to everyone or to Ryan who may have called for something else and Lemon didn't hear him since we don't huddle.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Sometimes I think reactions have something to do with how long you've been watching SU football/basketball. I don't mean that as a judgement of fandom.

I go back to the 1960's. I found that as the years went by I developed a fatalistic attitude, what will be will be. When I was younger I would have felt the same way you did last night. Now I hope for the best, and expect the worst. When good happens it's a bonus.

Not saying I wasn't on the edge of my seat, just that I wasn't about to kick the dog or destroy household furniture if things had ended badly.

I couldn't say that 20-30 years ago. Mellowed with age.

I wonder if Lemon is the only one that did the right thing. After it happened they showed Marrone and he yelled something about we are suppose to be going on the first sound. Didn't know if he was yelling that to everyone or to Ryan who may have called for something else and Lemon didn't hear him since we don't huddle.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That's funny cause it could be true. I'm amazed on how well the players have adapted to the no huddle.

That's funny cause it could be true. I'm amazed on how well the players have adapted to the no huddle.

Especially since it wasn't just a false move. He took off, like others said, as if he was playing arena football. Probably at the very first sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom