The 2022 Sean Tucker Thread... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

The 2022 Sean Tucker Thread...

If Tucker comes back he’s going after all our RB records and could cement himself in Syracuse football history, while playing in not one but most likely two bowls as well. And he could potentially increase his draft ranking. It’s not as crazy as so many are making it out to be.

If Tucker comes back he’s going after all our RB records and could cement himself in Syracuse football history, while playing in not one but most likely two bowls as well. And he could potentially increase his draft ranking. It’s not as crazy as so many are making it out to be.
The key for RBs is getting to the second contract as almost all guys now are drafted a round or two lower than they would have been a decade ago. A 4th round rookie RB contract is roughly $4 million or so in total, while a second contract as a #2 guy in an RB room rotation is likely 3 years $15 million or so.

And while I personally think Tucker is good enough to avoid this problem, if he gets significantly hurt next year he may not even get drafted. Great college RBs with messed up knees aren’t highly drafted commodities. I think Tucker is one of the special guys That if that highly unfortunate thing were to happen, he’d still get his , but it would be much later than if he walked into the process healthy.

TLDR; if he comes back SU should be thankful he’s after the records. But it’s still the infinitely smarter play for him to go to the league right now While his legs are as fresh as they can possibly be To give him the best chance of balling out and earning as much money as possible. RB careers are just not that long any more,

And he would still be making money. If he didn’t make money, I would get it totally. He could be number 1 ever if he stayed.

As a football player if he can get drafted by rd 3 he should probably take it.

As a skill set he has a ton to work on. He misses too many holes, doesnt run with patience , and while people talk about pass catching , he really doesnt make many tough catches and drops too many easy ones. Whether that stuff would improve his stock who knows.

If he has unfinished business here.. His degree or winning more than 7 games thats his decision

I really really really really really doubt Tucker will be back as a Syracuse Orange next season

Could be wrong but

Tucker should consider returning next year. Mel Kiper just came out with his Big Board and Tucker is not listed in the top ten tailbacks. Williams is also not listed in top ten. Bergeron is listed as top five tackles.

Tucker should consider returning next year. Mel Kiper just came out with his Big Board and Tucker is not listed in the top ten tailbacks. Williams is also not listed in top ten. Bergeron is listed as top five tackles.

I’ve been saying for quite awhile and this isn’t to crap on Tucker. But his draft status just isn’t there. Most of the positive, higher draft projections are from before mid season or based off last years results. He’s just not a top RB as far as the NFL is concerned. Right now

I wonder if there’s a better chance based on draft potential this year not being in the top half and Beck as the OC.

I do think Beck being the OC increases the likelihood that he will return, assuming Tucker wasn’t thrilled with Anae though that’s strictly speculation.

He has a tough decision to make. Mel Kiper doesn’t have him listed as one of the top ten running backs. I think you could see two tailbacks playing at the same time next year if he comes back.

Given that we are two weeks away from our bowl game and there's been no news of him either entering the portal or opting out for "getting ready for the NFL draft", it looks as if he's playing. I believe one poster alluded that he was gone, one way or another, but the silence on the matter interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom