The 25 Most Successful College Basketball Programs Of The 64-Team Era | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The 25 Most Successful College Basketball Programs Of The 64-Team Era

In the 64 team era this is how I rank the teams by tier
Tier A more than 2 NCs
Tier B 2 NCs multiple F4s
Tier C 1 NC atleast 4 Final 4s
Being in tier C we have nothing to feel bad about, I just wish we had another NC so we could be in tier B.

Even though we came up with essentially the same grade, I like your mechanism better. All I did was count the final 4s, and group roughly in pods of 4. We're not an A b/c we are simply not on par with the multi NC, multi F4 crowd. Heck, Duke went to what? 4-5 final 4s in a row? That's bonkers. You have to draw the line somewhere. I'd love for us to be a B. 2010 is the gift the keeps on taking.

Even though we came up with essentially the same grade, I like your mechanism better. All I did was count the final 4s, and group roughly in pods of 4. We're not an A b/c we are simply not on par with the multi NC, multi F4 crowd. Heck, Duke went to what? 4-5 final 4s in a row? That's bonkers. You have to draw the line somewhere. I'd love for us to be a B. 2010 is the gift the keeps on taking.
I am happy with our program, but their is no way I think I can objectively give our program an "A". We aren't in the same league as those top 3 teams. I don't believe you deserve an A for just being the 9th best out of 350. If only 3 people deserve As I would only give out 3 As. I think maybe I could call the Group B crowd A- or B+ and we are a B instead of a C.

However, I think that is pointless and grouping it the way I did is fair.

I am happy with our program, but their is no way I think I can objectively give our program an "A". We aren't in the same league as those top 3 teams. I don't believe you deserve an A for just being the 9th best out of 350. If only 3 people deserve As I would only give out 3 As. I think maybe I could call the Group B crowd A- or B+ and we are a B instead of a C.

However, I think that is pointless and grouping it the way I did is fair.

Grouping the top 10 as A is also fair. Maybe the top few should be A+.

Grouping the top 10 as A is also fair. Maybe the top few should be A+.
That is your decision. I don't believe in A+ as after High School no teacher I had in college. graduate, or law school eve gave out A+s.

I think we are on the 3rd tier which is great, but not the elite of the elite.

That is your decision. I don't believe in A+ as after High School no teacher I had in college. graduate, or law school eve gave out A+s.

I think we are on the 3rd tier which is great, but not the elite of the elite.

No matter how you slice it, SU is not a third tier program. Not many would say that, not other coaches, not media, not most of out enemies.

These threads drive me mad. Do we all forget that there are many years that we expect nearly nothing based on roster and experience, yet we still end up with 20 plus wins and a shot at advancing?

These threads drive me mad. Do we all forget that there are many years that we expect nearly nothing based on roster and experience, yet we still end up with 20 plus wins and a shot at advancing?

Apparently some think that doesn't matter. Championship or at least final four, or nothing! If you don't win a championship, you suck!

I'm only exaggerating a little. A lot of sports fans are unbearable.

I think the measure of a program is the foundation that is built for success on a year to year basis. That's more a direct result of effort and decisions made than succes in a single eliminaton tournament where 90% of the games are close enough that either team could win them.

Apparently some think that doesn't matter. Championship or at least final four, or nothing! If you don't win a championship, you suck!

I'm only exaggerating a little. A lot of sports fans are unbearable.
These messages aren't contributing to the discourse. No where do I or anybody in the thread take shots at fans expectations or the overall program performance. I have said numerous times we are a top 10 program all-time, but we have left a lot on the table in the tournament. I respect what SWC said because he gives a legit take that he values consistency over the feast or famine other programs.
Who said we suck? These type of messages have a chilling effect on people being able to be fair and not have an echo chamber. Calling Syracuse on the 3rd tier isn't an insult every program but 7 or would trade places with us. We don't have the rings to be with the teams above us.

These messages aren't contributing to the discourse. No where do I or anybody in the thread take shots at fans expectations or the overall program performance. I have said numerous times we are a top 10 program all-time, but we have left a lot on the table in the tournament. I respect what SWC said because he gives a legit take that he values consistency over the feast or famine other programs.
Who said we suck? These type of messages have a chilling effect on people being able to be fair and not have an echo chamber. Calling Syracuse on the 3rd tier isn't an insult every program but 7 or would trade places with us. We don't have the rings to be with the teams above us.
I get what you are saying (although "chilling effect" seems a little over the top.) I simply find our fan base to be super self-conscious about any perceived slight. When I read thread after thread like this, it is a common theme. I wasn't addressing any individual posts in this thread and I stand by my statement.

I get what you are saying (although "chilling effect" seems a little over the top.) I simply find our fan base to be super self-conscious about any perceived slight. When I read thread after thread like this, it is a common theme. I wasn't addressing any individual posts in this thread and I stand by my statement.

That is because the media and college basketball fans around the country don't treat us like a big time program.