The ACC is a "dry" conference...no beer at games | Syracusefan.com

The ACC is a "dry" conference...no beer at games

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
No beer is sold at Football, Basketball, or Lacrosse games. That will suck.

Is it sad that this is the first thing that has given me pause about this move in the past 24 hours? I have a drinking problem. Bourbon and Coke it is then!

I was at the SU-USC game yesterday and it was a dry stadium as well. The ACC has always been dry. I will really miss the $8 beers at the dome. Will the additional TV revenue make up for the lost revenue from beer sales?

This will be a hit to revenue at games, no? I'm pretty sure if this is a potential concern, it will get worked out and the Dome Foam will continue to flow.

[quote="There is no way TGD is giving up beer sales at the dome.[/quote]
Exactly. Don't think for a second there won't still be beer. Huge revenue booster for all games, especially football.

Looks like the "TOPPS FAMILY SECTION" just expanded by about 48,850 seats...lol

Slight correction: beer is not sold in the *ON CAMPUS* stadia in the ACC. Here at GT, we have a club section (seats in the lower bowl near the 50) with a lounge under them that sells beer that is technically not part of the stadium. For both of the ACC Champ games we've been in, there has been beer. FSU sells beer at their bball games because they're played in a municipal stadium in Tallahassee.

I have no idea how this will work for the Carrier Dome, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even playing in stadiums where "there is no beer," there is plenty to be had.

Time to bring a flask to the games.....oh wait, I already do.

To anyone who thinks that the Dome will still not sell beer, I have a slightly used state university in NJ I would like to sell you. Cheap.

at UNC we have a saying "Put it in a blue cup."

UNC is on state property so we have to be discreet...

if you tailgate @ UNC and put your beverage of choice in a cup, the police WILL assume you are "respecting local tradition" and WILL NOT ask you what is in the cup...

if you insist on pulling out the bottle or can and drinking directly from it you WILL have a problem...

oh, the hip flask works but watch your step when you go into the restrooms, especially later in the game, because the airplane bottles will overflow the trash cans and can make negotiating your way around the floor somewhat tricky...

at UNC we have a saying "Put it in a blue cup."

UNC is on state property so we have to be discreet...

if you tailgate @ UNC and put your beverage of choice in a cup, the police WILL assume you are "respecting local tradition" and WILL NOT ask you what is in the cup...

if you insist on pulling out the bottle or can and drinking directly from it you WILL have a problem...

oh, the hip flask works but watch your step when you go into the restrooms, especially later in the game, because the airplane bottles will overflow the trash cans and can make negotiating your way around the floor somewhat tricky...

Thanks for the heads-up. Good to know. See you soon

That's a reason we don't do the gay "jumping thing" at basketball games ... you do that and you'll probably spill your beer. Oh yeah, and because it's gay.

That's a reason we don't do the gay "jumping thing" at basketball games ... you do that and you'll probably spill your beer. Oh yeah, and because it's gay.

You tell em, DomeStranger! Our student section is 100% heterosexual all the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom