The ACC Network lives!! | Syracusefan.com

The ACC Network lives!!

Why is everyone all excited? Maybe if you’re not in CNY. But we got our games before too. The rest of it is just going to be infomercials and talking heads that know less than we do.

Why is everyone all excited? Maybe if you’re not in CNY. But we got our games before too. The rest of it is just going to be infomercials and talking heads that know less than we do.
Bees, it is about prestige and the "Benjamins." If the Big 10, SEC and PAC 12 can have their own networks, so can we. And when one of our teams plays in a game there (when we're not playing on one of the ESPNs), we'll get the same national exposure as Michigan, Alabama, etc., do on their conference networks. You might get all our games in CNY... but the rest of us sure do not.

Last edited:
Bees, it is about prestige and the Benjamins. If the Big 10, SEC and PAC 12 can have their own networks, so can we. And when one of our teams plays in a game there (when we're not playing on one of the ESPNs), we'll get the same national exposure as do Michigan, Alabama, etc., on their conference networks. You might get all our games in CNY... but the rest of us sure do not.

I know outside of CNY don’t.

And I know why they did it ($$$) and am 100% in support of that because it means more $$$$ for SU. As a local though I’m just not excited about the content which I got before anyways (games).

And I know why they did it ($$$) and am 100% in support of that because it means more $$$$ for SU. As a local though I’m just not excited about the content which I got before anyways (games).
639BE5BB-BFC1-4A28-981D-F679786C715F.png

So, I have Spectrum in Rochester and went to 388. There it was -- ACCN, but there was a message stating that I had to call a toll-free number to get service. Is this a pay-extra network?

So, I have Spectrum in Rochester and went to 388. There it was -- ACCN, but there was a message stating that I had to call a toll-free number to get service. Is this a pay-extra network?

My brother had the exact same thing. He called and found out he was still under a Time Warner plan and had to switch to a Spectrum select plan.

I am excited that Syracuse is going to bank a lot more money, but more than that, I love that every athletic event SU hosts will be televised on ACCN or ACCN Extra.

I am looking forward to watching the Packer/Durham show featuring the ACC. I am looking forward to all the documentaries and other cool content featuring ACC programs, listening to their pre and post game shows and learning more about the ACC campuses and cities.

I want to know more about the great Olympics sports programs that the ACC has. I want to see the facilities and get to know the coaches and top players.

The nation’s best conference deserves the most network coverage. Now it will finally get it. Even if they did a bad job hiring a bunch of unqualified country bunkins for most of the on air positions.

I am excited that Syracuse is going to bank a lot more money, but more than that, I love that every athletic event SU hosts will be televised on ACCN or ACCN Extra.

I am looking forward to watching the Packer/Durham show featuring the ACC. I am looking forward to all the documentaries and other cool content featuring ACC programs, listening to their pre and post game shows and learning more about the ACC campuses and cities.

I want to know more about the great Olympics sports programs that the ACC has. I want to see the facilities and get to know the coaches and top players.

The nation’s best conference deserves the most network coverage. Now it will finally get it. Even if they did a bad job hiring a bunch of unqualified country bunkins for most of the on air positions.

Most of that doesn’t interest me if it’s not SU. To each their own.

Nailed it. On a another note - has Ian Eagle's kid graduated yet and if so, why is he not one of the leads?

I don’t quite love the ACC like I did the Big East, but it really is a great conference of mostly like-minded schools.

My brother had the exact same thing. He called and found out he was still under a Time Warner plan and had to switch to a Spectrum select plan.
Did it cost him to switch? After an hour on the phone after calling Spectrum, I could not get an answer to that question.

Did it cost him to switch? After an hour on the phone after calling Spectrum, I could not get an answer to that question.

Cost about the same. He was on hold almost an hour though because they are getting so many calls.

Same thing here for me in Utica. I’ll have to look at my bill when I call tomorrow but it definitely says Spectrum & I pay for the upgraded sports package. I get B1G, SEC, & all other sports channels.

So B1G Network and SEC Network are part of a normal DirecTv package (Choice, XTRA, Ultimate).

ACCN? Not so much. Part of the Sports Pack.

Can those with DirecTv please confirm.

I just called DTV. (Been a customer since 1999 fwiw.)

They told me that if you are in the ACC "footprint" you need to have "Choice" or above AND pay $13.99 per month.

If you are outside the footprint (e.g. California), it is not available at all.

Makes no sense.

Can those with DirecTv please confirm.

I just called DTV. (Been a customer since 1999 fwiw.)

They told me that if you are in the ACC "footprint" you need to have "Choice" or above AND pay $13.99 per month.

If you are outside the footprint (e.g. California), it is not available at all.

Makes no sense.

I have DirecTv. ACCN just showed up in Connecticut tonight on schedule. I didn't have to do anything. I don't know the name of my package, but it is some kind of a sports package. It is also bundled with my ATT phone service.

It's pretty much what I expected so far. I dvred the coach.k program hope they have some cuse stuff like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom