The ACC Network lives!! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The ACC Network lives!!

He watched it last night. Said SU was only discussed about 3 minutes. There wasn’t anything to time.

There are 14 teams. At this supposed 3 minute clip content filled about an hour of TV.

We'll have plenty of boring content coming up.

Last year FSU was 5 -7. Miami was 7 - 6. VT was 6 - 7. All three were prominently featured in the ACCN's Dixie-centric conference rollout. SU had better records than all those teams, was picked last and wound up 2nd, yet was almost completely ignored. So I think at some point is fair to question whether it's "winning" or just homers talking up their schools? If it's the latter, they need to gut the format and the staff, and hire some professionals with more balanced perspectives.
Good. Still flying under the radar. ;)

So I got the ACCN from Spectrum. Took half an hour. The menu did not recognize my plaintive chants for ”ACC Network install,” and once, after I thought I was really getting somewhere, hung up on me. Eventually I got to a human. We pay $240/month for internet/cable and a landline they force(d) us to have even though we’ve had no phone for 5 years. Yes, we are fools for not getting on this years ago. At any rate, she whittled down my bill by getting rid of some channels I have never watched and she also connected me to a person who was going to rid me of my landline once and for all, but after 5 fun minutes we were disconnected.

In the meantime, we suddenly get Showtime so I am now hooked on “Billions,” which may not be good for my mental health.

What this has to do with basketball I have no idea but hey hey hey, I’m hooked in!

Last year FSU was 5 -7. Miami was 7 - 6. VT was 6 - 7. All three were prominently featured in the ACCN's Dixie-centric conference rollout. SU had better records than all those teams, was picked last and wound up 2nd, yet was almost completely ignored. So I think at some point it's fair to ask whether it's "winning" or just homers talking up their schools? If it's the latter, they need to gut the format and the staff, and hire some professionals with more balanced perspectives.
We have SUC KED for most of the last TWO(2) decades, minus a couple of Marrone seasons and Dino last year. In that time FSU, Miami, and VT were all relevant and still going to bowl games. Yet after one 10-3 season, are we really expecting our new conference to focus attention on us...the new kids on the block? Really?
We simply haven’t earned it yet, and haven’t achieved as HCDFB says: being “Consistently good, not occasionally great”. If we wanna see ourselves featured on the ACCN, we have to MAKE them talk about us, by establishing and maintaining relevancy through...WINNING! Period.

We have SUC KED for most of the last TWO(2) decades, minus a couple of Marrone seasons and Dino last year. In that time FSU, Miami, and VT were all relevant and still going to bowl games. Yet after one 10-3 season, are we really expecting our new conference to focus attention on us...the new kids on the block? Really?
We simply haven’t earned it yet, and haven’t achieved as HCDFB says: being “Consistently good, not occasionally great”. If we wanna see ourselves featured on the ACCN, we have to MAKE them talk about us, by establishing and maintaining relevancy through...WINNING! Period.

We were the 2nd best team LAST year and are projected to be the 2nd best team THIS year. So yea.

Yeah.

Miami hasn't ever won the ACC and didn't make the CCG until 2017 but they are a name regardless of what they do people want them to be good again like Nebraska if we had pulled out a Natty or two in the 80s and 90s when we had the teams to do it we might get that treatment but we didn't 1959 is a long time ago.

FSU has won a title this decade.

VT joined the league over us and won it 4 out of the first 7 years and enjoys a piss easy schedule annually with BC as their crossover I don't care how 'down' VT might be its sort of common sense to pencil them in for 9 wins and a top 25 finish preseason people do realize when 2 crappy teams play someone has to 'win' and there are a lot of EASY wins to be had over in the garbage Coastal.

I don't think people have any appreciation of how badly our dark period hurt our 'name' or 'brand' and the Marrone years were fun but did nothing to bring it back. One 10 win season isn't going to change the narrative. But 3 weeks from now our brand can be the team that beats Clemson thats the kind of thing you need to get that kind of attention.

So I got the ACCN from Spectrum. Took half an hour. The menu did not recognize my plaintive chants for ”ACC Network install,” and once, after I thought I was really getting somewhere, hung up on me. Eventually I got to a human. We pay $240/month for internet/cable and a landline they force(d) us to have even though we’ve had no phone for 5 years. Yes, we are fools for not getting on this years ago. At any rate, she whittled down my bill by getting rid of some channels I have never watched and she also connected me to a person who was going to rid me of my landline once and for all, but after 5 fun minutes we were disconnected.

In the meantime, we suddenly get Showtime so I am now hooked on “Billions,” which may not be good for my mental health.

What this has to do with basketball I have no idea but hey hey hey, I’m hooked in!
I just stopped at the Spectrum store. Got rid of my home phone, got a 100 mg modem and all the same channels and now ACC and am now saving $35 a month. Very worthwhile trip.

All legitimate points ... we haven't won consistently. My concern is that even if we do, it's unlikely we'll get a fair shake if the announcers are Dixi-homers. We'll see how it shakes out. But either way I appreciate your perspective.

Last edited:
Yeah.

Miami hasn't ever won the ACC and didn't make the CCG until 2017 but they are a name regardless of what they do people want them to be good again like Nebraska if we had pulled out a Natty or two in the 80s and 90s when we had the teams to do it we might get that treatment but we didn't 1959 is a long time ago.

VT joined the league over us and won it 4 out of the first 7 years and enjoys a piss easy schedule annually with BC as their crossover I don't care how 'down' VT might be its sort of common sense to pencil them in for 9 wins and a top 25 finish preseason people do realize when 2 crappy teams play someone has to 'win' and there are a lot of EASY wins to be had over in the garbage Coastal.

I don't think people have any appreciation of how badly our dark period hurt our 'name' or 'brand' and the Marrone years were fun but did nothing to bring it back. One 10 win season isn't going to change the narrative. But 3 weeks from now our brand can be the team that beats Clemson thats the kind of thing you need to get that kind of attention.

The team with no brand was picked to finish 2nd this year. Funny how that works.

And NCSt???

Yeah.

I'm so sick of the u and their lame turnover chain this ain't the 80s anymore you haven't won Jack squat in years.

Yeah.

This is all I’m saying. It’s a long road back, and one 10 win season ain’t gonna cut it.
To expect us to suddenly be the belle of the ACC ball is just unrealistic.
We will own this league, & this ACCN, if we just win.

Last edited:
Wait, you're all actually watching this channel?

I'm going to watch it when we play games on it.

Das it.
Well, if you want to miss some fascinating insights into Coach K's worldview and Royboy's Jalapeño Chicken recipe, that's your choice. But you be you.

Waiting patiently for the "things more exciting than ACCN" thread. :cool:
paint-dry-300x201.jpg

My brother had the exact same thing. He called and found out he was still under a Time Warner plan and had to switch to a Spectrum select plan.

I had a similar experience last year.when I was trying to get the red zone under my grandfathered TW plan. Instead of switching to a Spectrum select plan I got sling TV for NFL Red Zone.

I thought that Syracuse fans would be amused to learn that in a tweet the Duke Basketball Report said:
"Memo to well, everyone: don’t make Syracuse fans mad. They’re really just Kentucky fans with less summer."

This was in reference to the political heat in NY over how Spectrum is treating its customers with legacy TWC accounts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom