The ACC's Days Are Numbered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The ACC's Days Are Numbered

The only way to have a bullet proof future is to get a football team good enough to become New York's college football team. We are New York's basketball team but there is no New York college football team. None are relevant, so only the pros count. This is a market waiting to happen. Rutgirls will never do it. Can we?

No where do I see that being discussed. What I DO see being discussed is a 4-team playoff with the 4 highest rated teams (The SEC preference). The other option being thrown out there is 4 conference champions. (Presumably the highest 4 ranked champions.) No where, other than amongst the premature posts of persons permeated with panic, is anyone talking about setting up a 4-team playoff of the SEC/B10/PAC12/B12. The agreement between the SEC and the B12 for their champions to play each other in the event they don't qualify for the playoff, has nothing to do with the other thing. Do you really think that the SEC champion is not going to be ranked in the Top 4?

Of course, if you're the ACC, you want the highest ranked league champions to play each other.

Read the tea leaves, dude. The only reason that FSU is still considering moving to the Big 12 is because the Big 12 and the SEC champs are going to play in one major bowl, and the Big 10 and Pac 10 champs are playing in another.

Who is being left out ? How easy is it to scrap all the computer nonsense ? That's the end game here. They are squeezing the ACC. Who will the ACC champ play in their big New Year's Day bowl game ? Let me know what well-respected league THEY are going to partner with, and tell me how easy it is to have a playoff among 6 teams every year instead of 4/8.

Well maybe SU and Duke can play a non conference game at MSG this season to introduce NYC to the new league.
That would be nice.
But the reality is that the Orange will have lost at least 4 and more like 6 or 7 opportunities a year to be a factor in the NYC area sports consciousness. And that's just basketball.

The ACC move takes Syracuse much further away from every being thought of as New York's college team.
The SU marketing slogan is absurd... given the reality.

Read the tea leaves, dude. The only reason that FSU is still considering moving to the Big 12 is because the Big 12 and the SEC champs are going to play in one major bowl, and the Big 10 and Pac 10 champs are playing in another.

They are? When did this happen? I thought they were playing each other ONLY if they didn't get into the playoff.

The entire point of all this realignment is to break away from the NCAA. Beyond the fact that the NCAA is a complete clownshoe organization, schools just want to make more money.

Oh OK. I'll definitely take this at face value without any facts to back it up.