The All Inclusive 2022-2023 Recruiting thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The All Inclusive 2022-2023 Recruiting thread

This is high risk and high reward type of player. This is our current problem as a program. We may develop these players and hopefully they are contributors in year 2 or 3. By the off chance they reach or exceed their potential, with the current transfer portal, some will move onto greener pastures/ NIL deals. This gets us in the cycle of developing players every other year, which equates to a mediocre program.

Like many of the players mentioned from NYS over the years, these kids are underdeveloped and many need a few years of D1 strength and conditioning, right? These reaches/ PWO's from out of state or whatever we want to call them, are in the same stages of development as kids from NYS, the kids that Syracuse coaches deem not "good enough", or "not prepared enough". Local kids have ties to the area and "if" they develop and contribute, they will tend to stay home, not leave once they hit the field and contribute. 54% of the kids that hit the transfer portal don't end up bettering themselves from a football program aspect.

Unintended consequences could be, more fan support, more money into the program and possibly more local pride in Syracuse University.

Tidbit- For years Shiano sent all newborn children in the state of NJ, unsure if it was just boys, Rutgers onesies. Not sure if it helped or not, but they are in the big ten now, they do have superior facilities and during Shianos first stint at Rutgers, they became pretty good.

I'm sure many will disagree with some of my rant, but the reality is this. We currently can't raise enough money to finish the Lally Center. Our facilities are sub par at best. Non revenue sports are on the upswing, our revenue sports need a shot in the arm and we are losing coaches and support staff who want a better situation. I have contributed and will continue to, but fundamental changes need to be made.
Yes, I disagree with your rant....;)

There are still a lot of good players in the portal and a bunch of good kids entered this past week. It's crazy some of the kids still portaling. FSU RB Treshaun Ward hit the portal this week. Kid had 628 yards and 7 touchdowns this season.

Anthony Lucas an A&M freshman DL top 100 signee as well as an Ohio State 5th year senior DE who had 4.5 sacks this season. That would be 2nd on our team.

Kentucky defensive lineman Justin Rogers. Rogers was an ESPN 300 recruit in the 2020 class out of Detroit. He had 35 total tackles this season.

We should be calling these next 4 kids and (need or no I'd probably call DT Rogers above). But we could definitely use 1 or 2 proven WR's and a CB.

2 good WR's from Oklahoma State hit this week. Crazy production when you consider our roster.

John Paul Richardson caught 49 passes for 503 yards and 4 TDs this season.
Bryson Green their 2nd leading receiver had 584 yards and 5 TDs this season.

Georgia State WR Jamari Thrash has entered the portal, First-team All-Sun Belt wideout who led the conference with 1,122 receiving yards and 7 TDs this season.

Last but not least - paging Rocky Long

Fresno State defensive back Evan Williams is in the transfer portal. Williams was All-Mountain West first team in 2021. He had 66 total tackles, 6 tackles for loss and four pass breakups this season.

**All of the above kids were just announced this week

Last edited:
Tidbit- For years Shiano sent all newborn children in the state of NJ, unsure if it was just boys, Rutgers onesies. Not sure if it helped or not, but they are in the big ten now, they do have superior facilities and during Shianos first stint at Rutgers, they became pretty good.
You serious Clark.gif

Here's a bunch from this week that I missed. Crazy the talent still dropping in. Production WR's ...lets go

Cal redshirt freshman receiver J. Michael Sturdivant is in the transfer portal. He had 755 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns this season.

Middle Tennessee WR Jaylin Lane One of the top receivers/returners in Conference USA. Lane had 940 receiving yards and 5 TDs this season and has nearly 3,000 career all-purpose yards.

USC WR CJ Williams has entered the transfer portal, @TheAthletic has learned. Top-100 recruit who caught 4 passes in his freshman season.

USF RB Brian Battie has entered the transfer portal, @TheAthletic has learned. Battie led FBS with 1,936 all-purpose yards this season and was a consensus All-American as a kick returner in 2021.

Utah RB Micah Bernard has entered the portal as a grad transfer, @TheAthletic has learned. Bernard put up 1,621 yards and 9 TDs over the last 2 seasons. Also played CB!

South Carolina DE Jordan Burch has entered the transfer portal, @TheAthletic has learned. Huge news. Burch was a 5-star recruit and produced 60 tackles, 40 quarterback pressures, 3.5 sacks, and 7.5 tackles for loss.

#Texas edge player Ovie Oghoufo is in the transfer portal as grad transfer. He's originally from Lathrup Village, Michigan. Oghoufo had 54 total tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks this season for the #Longhorns.

It is awfully silent as far as players visiting. I did a good amount of digging and reaching out but *crickets*.
It's possible that they are going to have transfers visit during the following three weekends. This weekend is for mid-year transfers.

If Harbaugh is indeed NFL-bound, maybe there’s a few recruits who will be looking to reevaluate their opportunities….

Here's a bunch from this week that I missed. Crazy the talent still dropping in. Production WR's ...lets go

Cal redshirt freshman receiver J. Michael Sturdivant is in the transfer portal. He had 755 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns this season.

Middle Tennessee WR Jaylin Lane One of the top receivers/returners in Conference USA. Lane had 940 receiving yards and 5 TDs this season and has nearly 3,000 career all-purpose yards.

USC WR CJ Williams has entered the transfer portal, @TheAthletic has learned. Top-100 recruit who caught 4 passes in his freshman season.

USF RB Brian Battie has entered the transfer portal, @TheAthletic has learned. Battie led FBS with 1,936 all-purpose yards this season and was a consensus All-American as a kick returner in 2021.

Utah RB Micah Bernard has entered the portal as a grad transfer, @TheAthletic has learned. Bernard put up 1,621 yards and 9 TDs over the last 2 seasons. Also played CB!

South Carolina DE Jordan Burch has entered the transfer portal, @TheAthletic has learned. Huge news. Burch was a 5-star recruit and produced 60 tackles, 40 quarterback pressures, 3.5 sacks, and 7.5 tackles for loss.

#Texas edge player Ovie Oghoufo is in the transfer portal as grad transfer. He's originally from Lathrup Village, Michigan. Oghoufo had 54 total tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks this season for the #Longhorns.

Aren't we in a JUCO / Portal signing period right now? Did I read that there was a window from Jan 4 to Jan 9? I haven't seen any action, and am surprised / concerned, like how we struck out on getting another lineman or two last May in the portal before summer camp.

Aren't we in a JUCO / Portal signing period right now? Did I read that there was a window from Jan 4 to Jan 9? I haven't seen any action, and am surprised / concerned, like how we struck out on getting another lineman or two last May in the portal before summer camp.
This is only for mid-year transfers. They can still bring in 2023s, transfers and JUCOs the next three weekends for official visits. January 13th through the 29th is a contact period.

Which also means there will probably be a Junior day one of those weekends.

Last edited:
Which of the transfers and HS commits are enrolling in January for the spring semester?

Just a guess...

Gould (Nebraska)
Bellamy (ND)
More (Richmond)
Ingraham (Alabama)
Stonehouse (Missouri)
Reed (JC)
Rice (JC)
Moeolo (JC)
Clement (HS)
Parkman (HS)
Smith (HS)

Last edited:
Which of the transfers and HS commits are enrolling in January for the spring semester?

Just a guess...

Gould (Nebraska)
Bellamy (ND)
More (Richmond)
Ingraham (Alabama)
Stonehouse (Missouri)
Reed (JC)
Rice (JC)
Moeolo (JC)
Clement (HS)
Parkman (HS)
Smith (HS)

With Vet confirmed as not returning, we have Cruz penciled in at LT and RT wide open. I would pencil in More now, if for no other reason than he is enrolling in January and will have all spring to learn the Syracuse system. Moeolo doesn’t get here until July. That makes it very tough for him to get a starting job from day one. Especially given Moeolo is expected to play OG for us.

Reed is another early enrollee and also has a great chance to win a starting position this spring.

If we see Ilaoa and Hoeh getting reps with the first team in the spring game, it is not a good sign for Reed.

Very interested to see who gets the reps with the first team at RT as well. Will it be Cruz (NY)? Does More establish himself immediately? Does another tackle emerge?

Should be interesting to watch this develop…..

Last edited:
With Vet confirmed as not returning, we have Cruz penciled in at LT and RT wide open. I would pencil in More now, if for no other reason than he is enrolling in January and will have all spring to learn the Syracuse system. Moeolo doesn’t get here until July. That makes it very tough for him to get a starting job from day one. Especially given Moeolo is expected to play OG for us.

Reed is another early enrollee and also has a great chance to win a starting position this spring.

If we see Ilaoa and Hoeh getting reps with the first team in the spring game, it is not a good sign for Reed.

Very interested to see who gets the reps with the first team at RT as well. Will it be Cruz (NY)? Does More establish himself immediately? Does another tackle emerge?

Should be interesting to watch this develop…..
Bradford wasn’t bad the last couple of games.

Bradford wasn’t bad the last couple of games.
Agree, he looked decent when he played. Right now, I would pencil him in as the 3rd OG. Bleich and Ellis will of course surely start if healthy. Moeolo looks to be the primary contender for the 3rd OG slot with Bradford. Hoeh might also be involved in this if he doesn’t end up at C.

And Ilaoa played some OG the last 2 years. If The General (Reed) wins the starting job at center, Josh might play some at OG and has to be considered for 3rd OG slot as well.

Agree, he looked decent when he played. Right now, I would pencil him in as the 3rd OG. Bleich and Ellis will of course surely start if healthy. Moeolo looks to be the primary contender for the 3rd OG slot with Bradford. Hoeh might also be involved in this if he doesn’t end up at C.

And Ilaoa played some OG the last 2 years. If The General (Reed) wins the starting job at center, Josh might play some at OG and has to be considered for 3rd OG slot as well.
Count on the General hes starting

So soon we will start seeing the player XYZ has enrolled? Always a bit of an anxious time.

I don't even know where to post stuff anymore so I'll throw this one here lol.

Indiana had an interesting WR hit the portal over the last few days. Kid from North Carolina with 1 year of eligibility.

Emery Simmons 6-1 190

2022 Season - 37 catches for 408 yards, 1 TD (17 more catches than Alford lol)

Career --> 67-924 and 4 TDs

WR Malik McClain 6-4 200​

Must have got the talk. Started 9 games as a true frosh, down to 3 games this season. Former 4 star top 300 kid. 2 year career 33 catches for 400.

Last edited:
Indiana Defensive Back hits the portal - redshirt freshman and former Alabama transfer '21.

Played 9 games this season.

Brylan Lanier 6-1 180

WR Malik McClain 6-4 200​

Must have got the talk. Started 9 games as a true frosh, down to 3 games this season. Former 4 star top 300 kid. 2 year career 33 catches for 400.
Like this kid. He scored on us this year with FSU. Good hands, speed and good rout runner. Go get him coach.

Need to leave room for players from spring practice. Would expect a great number of players from the factories will be looking for new homes, when they are relegated to the bench, after the spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom