The All Inclusive 2022-2023 Recruiting thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The All Inclusive 2022-2023 Recruiting thread

Is there anything confirmed with Gould and Bellamy enrolled up at SU? Curious to see if Monroe's decision triggers any player departures.

WR Coach Mike Johnson is in Montreal today. He and Mike Lynch recently started following WR Mamadou Ba 6’5 190lbs.
Instead of putting it in this thread go ahead and start a thread.

I wasn’t sure where to post this. It’s a good read, but definitely tells the story that Syracuse must do a better job with recruiting.

Moderators please move if you believe there is a better place to post this.
You may want to denote that this is also a subscription only article.

I wasn’t sure where to post this. It’s a good read, but definitely tells the story that Syracuse must do a better job with recruiting.

Moderators please move if you believe there is a better place to post this.
Agree. I don't think Dino has worked at a school that emphasizes recruiting the way it needs to be emphasized in this day and age and it shows in articles like this one.

Hoping at least one of the new hires is someone who has a history of recruiting well and has worked at one or two schools that embrace the best practices of modern day recruiting.

For Syracuse to make major improvements in recruiting, Dino needs to change how the Syracuse football program does business. It might not be comfortable and will require all the staff to make some changes but this is one of those things that has to be addressed for Syracuse to be a competitive program in the ACC.

Maybe John Wildhack will need to work with Dino on this?

Whatever it takes, changes are needed ASAP.

I see we have a 2023 visiting. I wonder if we are also pursuing any portal WR talent. That would be the one position I would love to see an older portal player come in and ready to contribute. To me the snaps are there for the right player.

I see we have a 2023 visiting. I wonder if we are also pursuing any portal WR talent. That would be the one position I would love to see an older portal player come in and ready to contribute. To me the snaps are there for the right player.
After this weekend the portal will reopen 4/15 to 4/30. It will all depend on how many openings are left before we hit 85.

Because this is the last weekend that kids can visit before the Dead Period and last weekend was also an away game. And maybe because most kids aren't coming for a visit on a week day during the school year.

If the jan schedule that’s understandable and the weekday thing will is a bit obvious but how long does the dead period last?

They had Saturday home games on Jan 14, and will have Saturday home games on Feb 18 (Duke) and March 4. If kids can visit for that Duke weekend it’d be a huge fail not to have a massive junior day that weekend.

If the jan schedule that’s understandable and the weekday thing will is a bit obvious but how long does the dead period last?

They had Saturday home games on Jan 14, and will have Saturday home games on Feb 18 (Duke) and March 4. If kids can visit for that Duke weekend it’d be a huge fail not to have a massive junior day that weekend.
The Dead Period is until March 1st. Makes more sense to bring kids back in for the Spring Game.

This freshman All American defensive back from Union NJ is still in the portal. New DB coach should give him a call hint hint

Seems like a similar situation to Duce, where the kid is still considering multiple NIL bids? Igbinosun is probably out of our price range.

Seems like a similar situation to Duce, where the kid is still considering multiple NIL bids? Igbinosun is probably out of our price range.

Do any of the Collectives associated with Syracuse Football have a GoFundMe page?

What is the market rate for a player like this?

Do any of the Collectives associated with Syracuse Football have a GoFundMe page?

What is the market rate for a player like this?
My fear is if we were able to afford this kid, we could've just keep Duce from jumping. Would be perfect cb replacement though, from New Jersey.

I’m old enough to remember when NSD was like Christmas Morning. We’d get 20-25 brand new players all of whom we expected to be here 4-5 years.

NSD ‘23 came in like a lamb. (No disrespect to the kid we signed - I’m just talking numbers & impact)

What are the remaining areas of need?

1. Large fast WR?
2. Mobile LB?
3. Large RB?
4. DL for depth?
5. OL for depth?
6. Another QB for depth?

There must be at least 5-schollies even after the latest commits?

Anyone want to add to list?

If it's three, I'd like to see
OT
DL
WR

If there is more room
LB
RB
I just don’t see LB as a need at all really. Not for this team, maybe down the line. Wax, Thompson, McDonald, Lowery, Bailey, Sparrow. Still tons of guys who have played well in significant playing time.

I’d like to see a viable RB2, OT, and WR. If we have 4 open another body on the DL wouldn’t hurt.

why is RB not considered a higher priority? Does Dino expect to run Allen for 30 snaps a game and pray he doesn’t get banged up? We have no RB depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom