The all-inclusive Cuse Coaching Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Cuse Coaching Thread

Rather see Baylor vs Oregon/Nebraska style uptempo.
what they've done on offense this year has been impressive considering no one thinks they are great at QB. their record is not up to their normal standards but they're still pretty awesome.

Bowling Green coach is over 50. But he looks younger, talks younger and he's all college guy. So I think we should allow that exception.

I think he's 54, which gives him about 10 years to build his own branches, including his successor.
he works.

i can make resume exceptions on the fly, but we will stick to that criteria for the rest of the unwashed, uneducated, nonfootball knowing masses we have here for time and bandwidth sake...

Majority of the coaches named were offensive coordinators or lower level head guys that have been named throughout the last month. Only name that would throw people off is Orgeron. Was told when LSU played here that Coyle went out of his way to tell him that they would be speaking in the future.

Orgeron is a hell of a recruiter.

Majority of the coaches named were offensive coordinators or lower level head guys that have been named throughout the last month. Only name that would throw people off is Orgeron. Was told when LSU played here that Coyle went out of his way to tell him that they would be speaking in the future.

Uh, I don't know about Eddie O.

If Coyle wants the program to upgrade its talent and win some recruiting battles with the big boys then Ed Orgeron is the guy to hire.

The Cajun is not coming north of the mason Dixon line
He liked CNY when he was on Coach P's staff. Also is sounds like he learned some lessons from his first HC stint at Ole Miss.

"After his experience at the Ole Miss, Orgeron decided to approach his second stint as a head coach differently. Instead of resuming the intense aggressiveness he had used as a defensive line and head coach, he used a different approach this time. Orgeron applied behavioral techniques he had used on his own teenage children, in an effort to approach his USC players "like my sons"."

If Coyle wants the program to upgrade its talent and win some recruiting battles with the big boys then Ed Orgeron is the guy to hire.

There's MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more to being a HC than recruiting.

Unless he is going to hire some old hand AHC who is going to run the program day to day it's a disaster in the making.

I doubt Orgeron would be the guy due to all of the other ones on the list being guys who put up big numbers and majority of them were younger coaches. Just thought he stood out since he was kind of an odd ball when a lot of them were more big number offensive guys.

I doubt Orgeron would be the guy due to all of the other ones on the list being guys who put up big numbers and majority of them were younger coaches. Just thought he stood out since he was kind of an odd ball when a lot of them were more big number offensive guys.

If in fact what you say is true, and I have no doubt that it could be, then I have a ton of faith that Coyle will be able to find someone that will help get our program back to respectability.

Last edited:
find a way to get about 1000 more posts in, without getting frustrated and quitting the board, before posting your next candidate.

thanks.

Honestly when he told me today it kind of threw me off. The guy has tons of connections pro and college and Frost isn't someone in his circle of coaches he did say that Frost is thought very highly around the coaching world though and has worked for some of the best in the business of you look at his resume for his age. There wasn't one name that I would be disappointed with as they were all guys that would excite me if we were able to get them. One thing is for sure though and that's that Coyle definitely wants to bring some excitement with a high powered o.

find a way to get about 1000 more posts in, without getting frustrated and quitting the board, before posting your next candidate.

thanks.
It's fine I'll never quit the board I've been reading this board for a very long time just choose not to post because people always question everything. I don't post to just post but I will if it's something I know is accurate with what's going on.

It's fine I'll never quit the board I've been reading this board for a very long time just choose not to post because people always question everything. I don't post to just post but I will if it's something I know is accurate with what's going on.
great.

thats 13.

only 987 to go.

He did a great job as the interim coach of USC, but doesn't he have some baggage from another school? Was it Ole Miss. He's a good coach I like him seems like a players coach too.

Need a coach who has done more with less, creative, offensive minded, preferably younger, a very good recruiter.

Those kind of guys grow on trees, right?

Much rather have a passing offense than a dual threat QB centric one.

Let the QB runs be few and far between.
Much rather have a passing offense than a dual threat QB centric one.

Let the QB runs be few and far between.
A QB that's a threat to run is the most feared QB in all of football. We just have one that thinks he can run through defenders. No shame in sliding. Even if it's head first. He can throw well enough. He just needs to slide more effectively.

Honestly when he told me today it kind of threw me off. The guy has tons of connections pro and college and Frost isn't someone in his circle of coaches he did say that Frost is thought very highly around the coaching world though and has worked for some of the best in the business of you look at his resume for his age. There wasn't one name that I would be disappointed with as they were all guys that would excite me if we were able to get them. One thing is for sure though and that's that Coyle definitely wants to bring some excitement with a high powered o.

Cool

Shocked this thread doesn't have more replies with the posts soocher is dropping.

Mostly the "whose your sourze?!?!?" type.

Interesting info. Honestly, it's much more interesting to see how the coaching staff changes go down as opposed to our last three games. Sad but true.

Need a coach who has done more with less, creative, offensive minded, preferably younger, a very good recruiter.

Those kind of guys grow on trees, right?

Have you ever had a positive thought? Just curious.

Heard today from a really good source of mine who is very well connected in the coaching circles to keep an eye out for Scott Frost oc at Oregon. He said he is number one on the list out of a group of ten coaches.
It is common knowledge that Coyle likes him front his last search.

I just hope the Bowling Green guy is on that list...
dino bravo
88_Misc-Scan003.0.jpg