The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 120 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

The real reason the Big added Rutgers, and Maryland was to give Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St, 3 wins at the beginning of the season, in Indiana, Maryland, and Rutgers.
I assume you mean football and not basketball as 2 of the 3 are ranked teams.

the thread was started by a Pitt fan to just stirring pot. thats funny.

by the way, does anyone have a rvls sub? this is a curious article considering rvls disdain for syracuse.

"I was reading the Rivals article, "Recruiting Predictions for 2017 - ACC" but was totally surprised/shocked that they are predicting that Syracuse (Dino Babbers) will have the 4th best recruiting class in 2017 in the ACC."

I’ve never understood their obsessiveness over snowfall totals. bitter cold is far worse than snow and frankly, I don’t see much if any differences with the winter weather from Wisconsin, Illinios, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania. It’s cold and crappy in the winter in all those places. Getting snow though is way better than the spitting wintry mixes and freezing rain.

we play in a dome and outside games down south. Yet they obsess over snowfall totals because it's what, better to walk to class in February in Michigan or NJ than it is in Upstate NY? Don't get it. :crazy: Two of the worst winters I've ever experienced in my life were living in Michigan.

and what's with their obsessiveness over calling Syracuse remote? do people have to fly in on a float plane and then horseback ride the rest of the way?

Last edited:
Just found it. From what I can tell from reading some of the posts, I couldn't stomach too much, they have many interesting ideas. It seems that the writer of the article in question posted a Top 5 things in the ACC blah blah blah mentioning Syracuse will have improved recruiting under Babers in 2017. That was taken to mention by most that SU will finish 4th in recruiting in the ACC. They also can't spell Babers (Babbers). New Brunswick is apparently a hot spot of excitement and entertainment. Ash was the DC at 3 different schools, UW, OSU and Ark.(actually it was one and a half). And of course that they'll be shocked if Bab(b)ers ever gets a recruit out of NJ that Ash wants.

the thread was started by a Pitt fan to just stirring pot. thats funny.

by the way, does anyone have a rvls sub? this is a curious article considering rvls disdain for syracuse.

"I was reading the Rivals article, "Recruiting Predictions for 2017 - ACC" but was totally surprised/shocked that they are predicting that Syracuse (Dino Babbers) will have the 4th best recruiting class in 2017 in the ACC."
Its five ACC predictions, not the ACC top five predictions

I’ve never understood their obsessiveness over snowfall totals. bitter cold is far worse than snow and frankly, I don’t see much if any differences with the winter weather from Wisconsin, Illinios, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania. It’s cold and crappy in the winter in all those places. Getting snow though is way better than the spitting wintry mixes and freezing rain.

we play in a dome and outside games down south. Yet they obsess over snowfall totals because it's what, better to walk to class in February in Michigan or NJ than it is in Upstate NY? Don't get it. :bat::crazy:
Its hilarious when they bring it up. They think it really affects us. Always was and will be cold and snowy in upstate NY. Didnt affect us during the great years and it doesnt now. To be honest kids from FLA and other southern states never had snow so some of them want to experience something different. Alot of them are amazed to see it.

we play in a dome and outside games down south. Yet they obsess over snowfall totals because it's what, better to walk to class in February in Michigan or NJ than it is in Upstate NY? Don't get it. :crazy: Two of the worst winters I've ever experienced in my life were living in Michigan.

and what's with their obsessiveness over calling Syracuse remote? do people have to fly in on a float plane and then horseback ride the rest of the way?
It's a lazy man's stereotype. It's like football announcers who, years after McNabb left, labored under the delusion that we were still an option offense. You still hear hoops announcers say we're a fast-break team who "likes to get out and run."

They have a crappy urban campus located in an armpit. More traffic than midtown manhattan with equally ed drives. That place in the winter is just a gray brown dingy dirty place. I’ll take the snow.

Yes Green Pond, NJ is a nice place, as are the lakes around Tully, NY, but the Rutgirls campus and anywhere around Piscataway is a dirty hell hole. Yet those clowns talk like it’s the Hamptons. :crazy:

They have a crappy urban campus located in an armpit. More traffic than midtown manhattan with equally . . . . . . ed drives. That place in the winter is just a gray brown dingy dirty place. I’ll take the snow.

Yes Green Pond, NJ is a nice place, as are the lakes around Tully, NY, but the Rutgirls campus and anywhere around Piscataway is a dirty hell hole. Yet those clowns talk like it’s the Hamptons. :crazy:
lol

The board as a collective seems to miss a very big and glaring point that almost all B1G schools are on a similar or worse latitude as Syracuse, none play in a Dome and some are far more ""remote" than Syracuse. Not to mention the obvious 800LB Gorilla, that any kid who thinks he is good enough for the NFL, WILL have to play in the worst weather possible for football as the NFL goes late into December and January for the playoffs.

So much for their Rutgers education.

...and how many kids are in a rush to leave their toxic free environments to live in a cesspool that is called NJ?

I’ve never understood their obsessiveness over snowfall totals.
I guess this episode was a more realistic take on NJers ability to cope with the weather than most thought...
Sopranos_ep311.jpg

Just found it. From what I can tell from reading some of the posts, I couldn't stomach too much, they have many interesting ideas. It seems that the writer of the article in question posted a Top 5 things in the ACC blah blah blah mentioning Syracuse will have improved recruiting under Babers in 2017. That was taken to mention by most that SU will finish 4th in recruiting in the ACC. They also can't spell Babers (Babbers). New Brunswick is apparently a hot spot of excitement and entertainment. Ash was the DC at 3 different schools, UW, OSU and Ark.(actually it was one and a half). And of course that they'll be shocked if Bab(b)ers ever gets a recruit out of NJ that Ash wants.

And you can rest assure that if Babers does get him, they'll use the ol "he never had a committable offer" excuse.

I also liked these two gems: Temple > Syracuse. Guess what? Temple > Rutgers too.

Syracuse moved across to the ACC, and Rutgers moved up to the B1G.

Deluded.

The chemical sites have apparently eaten away at their brain cells. I guess we have to give them this much, they will get paid more to be a whipping boy than they used to get paid before joining the B1G.

After three pages of explaining why Syracuse will never catch up to Rutgers, I find this thread

https://rutgers.forums.rovals.com/threads/do-you-have-what-it-takes-to-be-a-scarlet-knight.76398/ (Copy/paste to browser then change the 'o" in rovals to "i")

If this is Ash' plan to improve recruiting, we definitely made the right hire in Babers. It may be that Ash has finally figured out their is no hope in Jersey.

Awesome, they use an iconic Notre Dame "Rudy" image to promote Rutgers walk-on program. How original.