The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 121 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I’ve never understood their obsessiveness over snowfall totals. bitter cold is far worse than snow and frankly, I don’t see much if any differences with the winter weather from Wisconsin, Illinios, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania. It’s cold and crappy in the winter in all those places. Getting snow though is way better than the spitting wintry mixes and freezing rain.

we play in a dome and outside games down south. Yet they obsess over snowfall totals because it's what, better to walk to class in February in Michigan or NJ than it is in Upstate NY? Don't get it. :crazy: Two of the worst winters I've ever experienced in my life were living in Michigan.

and what's with their obsessiveness over calling Syracuse remote? do people have to fly in on a float plane and then horseback ride the rest of the way?

They rag on us for the snow the same way we make NJ jokes.

RU is on the border of what I like to call really nice jersey and enh jersey. Silly, really. Conversely, it never really snowed much when I was at SU (did snow on graduation though).

-5b0ddd2be6cba6df.JPG

Even when they had a budget so they could cheat,they still were not any good .....10/24/1929. So that was the reason why the stock market crashed on 10/29 by buying players on the margin

They rag on us for the snow the same way we make NJ jokes.

RU is on the border of what I like to call really nice jersey and enh jersey. Silly, really. Conversely, it never really snowed much when I was at SU (did snow on graduation though).
Graduated in '96? Gotta say that was pretty crazy. Honestly all the NJ ragging is kinda sad. Does SU have a much nicer campus/college atmosphere than RU? Yes, absolutely. Is SU the better choice for football? I am biased, but yes. Were NJ students and student athletes a HUGE contributor to what many here refer to as "The glory years"? Yes. Let them gripe. Stay above the fray. We still want/need NJ (just not Rutgers).

The board as a collective seems to miss a very big and glaring point that almost all B1G schools are on a similar or worse latitude as Syracuse, none play in a Dome and some are far more ""remote" than Syracuse. Not to mention the obvious 800LB Gorilla, that any kid who thinks he is good enough for the NFL, WILL have to play in the worst weather possible for football as the NFL goes late into December and January for the playoffs.

So much for their Rutgers education.

...and how many kids are in a rush to leave their toxic free environments to live in a cesspool that is called NJ?

This year, SU played in
Carrier Dome - 7x
Tampa, Florida
Charlottesville, Virginia
Tallahassee, Florida
Louisville, Kentucky
Raleigh, North Carolina

Rutgers played in:
Piscataway, New Jersey - 7x
Beaver Stadium, Pennsylvania
Bloomington, Indiana
Madison, Wisconsin
Ann Arbor, Michigan
West Point, New York

They are as abysmal as BC was this year. They didn't win an ACC conference game in Football or Basketball.

I bet they still get picked ahead of us next year as far as conference standings go.

CuseOnly said:
They are as abysmal as BC was this year. They didn't win an ACC conference game in Football or Basketball. I bet they still get picked ahead of us next year as far as conference standings go.

Power rankings on ESPN have Wake and BC ahead of us.

Meanwhile, since joining the ACC: 3-0 vs Wake, 2-1 vs BC

This year, SU played in
Carrier Dome - 7x
Tampa, Florida
Charlottesville, Virginia
Tallahassee, Florida
Louisville, Kentucky
Raleigh, North Carolina

Rutgers played in:
Piscataway, New Jersey - 7x
Beaver Stadium, Pennsylvania
Bloomington, Indiana
Madison, Wisconsin
Ann Arbor, Michigan
West Point, New York

I'd take our "Frozen Tundra" over that every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Wise choice

Rutgers basketball facilities are easily the worst in P5, both their practice, and the RAC. A coach short of Roy and Cal, could not recruit there. Any up and comer would be committing career suicide by taking that job.

Rutgers basketball facilities are easily the worst in P5, both their practice, and the RAC. A coach short of Roy and Cal, could not recruit there. Any up and comer would be committing career suicide by taking that job.
Jim Delaney has to pulling out what remains of his hair. What an idiot he was to go after Rutty. Its not like it was a secret in advance that no one in NY cares about Rutty. He had a bigger presence with Penn State and adding Rutty didn't even move the needle.

Jim Delaney has to pulling out what remains of his hair. What an idiot he was to go after Rutty. Its not like it was a secret in advance that no one in NY cares about Rutty. He had a bigger presence with Penn State and adding Rutty didn't even move the needle.
What's worse is that as people cut their cords and/or if a la carte cable options come about, the BTN will not be able to force people to pay exorbitant fees for a worthless channel. The B1G will be stuck with a permanent leech. So much for the strategy.

It's funny to read the comment section of NJ.com about Hurley. Reminiscent of our own .com. Stuff like, RU can and should do better than him, we're going after a bigger name that can't negotiate while they are in the NCAA tournament, but I like this one in particular, "Bottom line, he doesn't have the moxie to take on a tough task". Yeah, I'm sure that's what kept him from taking the RU job, a lack of moxie.

:p
It's funny to read the comment section of NJ.com about Hurley. Reminiscent of our own .com. Stuff like, RU can and should do better than him, we're going after a bigger name that can't negotiate while they are in the NCAA tournament, but I like this one in particular, "Bottom line, he doesn't have the moxie to take on a tough task". Yeah, I'm sure that's what kept him from taking the RU job, a lack of moxie.

Does he have spunk? Or gumption? :p

Bottom line, he doesn't have the career death-wish to take on an impossible task.
- edited for reality.