The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 136 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

This line is an instant classic:

"I am confident that Rutgers class will beat Syracuse by at least 35 positions"

35 positions in the recruiting rankings is a very large gap. I think it will be much closer and it is possible that Babers has a higher ranked class once the season gets under way.

Rutgers fans have to celebrate early recruits because they'll end up having a terrible team then losing all of those recruits before signing day. It's like clockwork every year.

I will admit, they have some pretty good recruits right now, but I suspect that's because Ash is a good salesman. Can't wait to see his offense crumble and those recruits start looking elsewhere.

This line is an instant classic:

"I am confident that Rutgers class will beat Syracuse by at least 35 positions"

35 positions in the recruiting rankings is a very large gap. I think it will be much closer and it is possible that Babers has a higher ranked class once the season gets under way.

Syracuse finished 16 spots in front of them last year.

I will admit, they have some pretty good recruits right now, but I suspect that's because Ash is a good salesman. Can't wait to see his offense crumble and those recruits start looking elsewhere.

11 of 13 recruits are from New Jersey. I don't think it has much to do with Asz as a salesman.

In typical pay site fashion though a bunch of their recruits are over-rated. Nevertheless, when it's all said and done Syracuse's class will be rated higher.

11 of 13 recruits are from New Jersey. I don't think it has much to do with Asz as a salesman.

In typical pay site fashion though a bunch of their recruits are over-rated. Nevertheless, when it's all said and done Syracuse's class will be rated higher.
And even more importantly, outperform them on the field.

Flood couldn't pull them in, so it's either Ash is better at selling the program or Flood was just really bad at selling himself. Either way, I would be surprised if Rutgers has a winning record this year, and I can't wait to see that offense - you know, the spread without a QB that can run it.

...or the recruits fizzle in their senior year;

...or Michigan, tOSU, ND, PSU, Bama, et. al, come calling and steal the recruits away, like last year, the year before, the year before that, etc.

Flood couldn't pull them in, so it's either Ash is better at selling the program or Flood was just really bad at selling himself. Either way, I would be surprised if Rutgers has a winning record this year, and I can't wait to see that offense - you know, the spread without a QB that can run it.

that's just not true. Flood pulled in tons of good recruits if you're to believe the paysites. All his classes were every bit as good/rated as any kid they have now. Keeping the top tier kids on board was another story. I'm not going to do an analysis on his classes but it doesn't take a lot of effort to go over to the rvls site and look at all of his classes.

that's just not true. Flood pulled in tons of good recruits if you're to believe the paysites. All his classes were every bit as good/rated as any kid they have now. Keeping the top tier kids on board was another story. I'm not going to do an analysis on his classes but it doesn't take a lot of effort to go over to the rvls site and look at all of his classes.

Two of three years that Flood was coach, his recruiting class was worst than ours, his best showing was 53 in 2015. Their only 4-star that year was from Florida, and has transferred this year. Ash's current class ranks like 4th or 5th in the B1G so far. I can't recall any of Flood's classes getting close to that.

Two of three years that Flood was coach, his recruiting class was worst than ours, his best showing was 53 in 2015. Their only 4-star that year was from Florida, and has transferred this year. Ash's current class ranks like 4th or 5th in the B1G so far. I can't recall any of Flood's classes getting close to that.
Yes, but their classes all start out great, but after a while they all flip to better schools.

Its June dude. They have the most commits. You realize rankings are weighted towards overall numbers right? The others schools haven't started to recruit yet. And you can't go by 'rankings'. Just look at the individuals stars and numeric point values, they are the same as any of floods classes.

Its June dude. They have the most commits. You realize rankings are weighted towards overall numbers right? The others schools haven't started to recruit yet. And you can't go by 'rankings'. Just look at the individuals stars and numeric point values, they are the same as any of floods classes.

Phat, I don't know what your issue is. I'm not arguing with you, I'm just pointing out what I see. So far, Ash has done pretty well, better than Flood did is my estimation. Yes, Flood had a pretty good class at one point his last season, then things starting falling apart. I still think Ash has done better in a shorter period of time.

Yes, but their classes all start out great, but after a while they all flip to better schools.

Sure, that may be the case here, we'll see. I hope it does because I hate that school almost as much as UConn, Gtown and ND.

There's no comparison between Flood and Ash.

Flood was a MATH teacher before a few years in low college and then the jump to RU and eventually the Big Ten.

Ash is a LIFER football coach..who has learned under some hall of famers and knows what it takes to build a program.

Doubt results in year one will sway recruits away. They seem to all know its a long-term vision..and most being from Jersey..want to play together in front of their friends and family.

Think Ash is the best thing to happen to Rutgers football in a long time. He gets it.

Phat, I don't know what your issue is. I'm not arguing with you, I'm just pointing out what I see. So far, Ash has done pretty well, better than Flood is my estimation. Yes, Flood had a pretty good class at one point his last season, then things starting falling apart. I still think Ash has done better in a shorter period of time.
reading the comments re recruiting, remind me of when people denied that schiano was resurrecting rutgers and was considered a salesman and shut us out of nj.luckily he was a bad coach, but damaged our recruiting. you sir are a voice of reason. many of these posts are the same arguments rehashed from the schiano era, which we have never recovered from in terms of nj. fact is ash has recruited pretty well some of them have very good to excellent offer sheets. with the exception of devito ,we have not. people say it is early, in some respects it is but i do not like the trend. waiting to see what babers does---after his first season----i have high hopes for him.

the other schools haven't started to recruit yet?????they are ALWAYS recruiting.

reading the comments re recruiting, remind me of when people denied that schiano was resurrecting rutgers and was considered a salesman and shut us out of nj.luckily he was a bad coach, but damaged our recruiting. you sir are a voice of reason. many of these posts are the same arguments rehashed from the schiano era, which we have never recovered from in terms of nj. fact is ash has recruited pretty well some of them have very good to excellent offer sheets. with the exception of devito ,we have not. people say it is early, in some respects it is but i do not like the trend. waiting to see what babers does---after his first season----i have high hopes for him.
Recent history tells us that Rutgers loses many commitments. New coach, so we shall see.

tipphill said:

Schiano was a better coach than what was there prior - and we are not the power we were in the years prior to his arrival. They went from decades of horrible to a decade of mediocrity.

Ash may or may not be on his level. But the competition is way ahead of what Schiano was competing with. Remember - he's a defensive coach with no prior HC experience. Babers has a track record that puts him in rare air.

He's got a nice class so far. In the composite rankings, they are at an 84 avg per recruit and we are at 82.54. So basically, on average they are slightly ahead of us. They have more commits, but no one here is freaking out... Lots of time for things to change.

Also re: NJ recruiting, we did grab the best QB in the state off of the best team. Rumors of our NJ demise are vastly overrated.

When they go 4-8 this year, we will see how many abandon ship.
That has to be part of it. It will test Ash's ability to sell the future of the program.

Schiano was a better coach than what was there prior - and we are not the power we were in the years prior to his arrival. They went from decades of horrible to a decade of mediocrity.

Ash may or may not be on his level. But the competition is way ahead of what Schiano was competing with. Remember - he's a defensive coach with no prior HC experience. Babers has a track record that puts him in rare air.

He's got a nice class so far. In the composite rankings, they are at an 84 avg per recruit and we are at 82.54. So basically, on average they are slightly ahead of us. They have more commits, but no one here is freaking out... Lots of time for things to change.

Also re: NJ recruiting, we did grab the best QB in the state off of the best team. Rumors of our NJ demise are vastly overrated.
Yeah I think people overstate the hit we took on jersey recruiting. Cuse didnt just rely on jersey players. We used to grab players from Conn, DMV, Pennslyvania and FL too. Schiano did a good job of grabing the players that Cuse would snag from Jersey. When Rutgers beacme more competitive, those kids started to stay home. Schiano just never really got them to the next level. 2006 and that was it. Penn st Ohio st were still grabbing the top tier players. Reason why our teams were poor during that era. were because of Robinson, bad image and bad recruiting as a whole.

Yeah I think people overstate the hit we took on jersey recruiting. Cuse didnt just rely on jersey players. We used to grab players from Conn, DMV, Pennslyvania and FL too. Schiano did a good job of grabing the players that Cuse would snag from Jersey. When Rutgers beacme more competitive, those kids started to stay home. Schiano just never really got them to the next level. 2006 and that was it. Penn st Ohio st were still grabbing the top tier players. Reason why our teams were poor during that era. were because of Robinson, bad image and bad recruiting as a whole.

Yep. Years of mediocrity or just bad football compounds recruiting issues. If we win, and I think we will, we'll get the players we need.