The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 137 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

a thousand pardons,brilliant maybe but not a genius.

All I meant is that Buttgers has a lot more kids committed than the schools behind them. When the schools behind them fill out their classes (begin to recruit and grab commitments) then we will see where they rank. Like on NSD.

Number of Commitments (per rvls):

#1 Ohio State – 13

#2 Michigan – 14

#3 Northwestern – 15

#4 Maryland – 10

#5 Nebraska - 9

#6 Buttgers – 13

#7 Wisconsin – 10

#8 Iowa – 9

#9 Penn State – 8

#10 Michigan St – 9

#11 Illinois – 5

#12 Minnesota – 5

#13 Indiana – 4

#14 Purdue – 2

Let's not forget we completely under invested in facilities during that time period as well. With the Dome renovation, we will have completely closed the gap with peer programs.
yes we should LEARN FROM THAT but wins seal the deal--- we are still an unstable entity--complete the "dome' and we have a package not a promise. if u r a recruits parents do u want a promise of the future????---i think not. by the way i have said for years was our downfall was NOT reinvesting in the program--not pp,grob or anyone else except the chancellors and ad-----jake blew it with help from gavitt etal. what does it matter???we need swift aggressive action now, not 2yrs from now. ipf was a step, but in the arms race,just a step

Last edited:
All I meant is that Buttgers has a lot more kids committed than the schools behind them. When the schools behind them fill out their classes (begin to recruit and grab commitments) then we will see where they rank. Like on NSD.

Number of Commitments (per rvls):

#1 Ohio State – 13

#2 Michigan – 14

#3 Northwestern – 15

#4 Maryland – 10

#5 Nebraska - 9

#6 Buttgers – 13

#7 Wisconsin – 10

#8 Iowa – 9

#9 Penn State – 8

#10 Michigan St – 9

#11 Illinois – 5

#12 Minnesota – 5

#13 Indiana – 4

#14 Purdue – 2
if they keep their class thus far, it is a decent class. of course when the biggies sign their classes of will change things. i was not referring to ru rank at this time. i am referring to their class in relation to syracuse.they are doing wayyyyyy better at this time. by the way they have 2-3 recruits that have turned down some impressive big 1o and sec schools

t
Schiano was a better coach than what was there prior - and we are not the power we were in the years prior to his arrival. They went from decades of horrible to a decade of mediocrity.

Ash may or may not be on his level. But the competition is way ahead of what Schiano was competing with. Remember - he's a defensive coach with no prior HC experience. Babers has a track record that puts him in rare air.

He's got a nice class so far. In the composite rankings, they are at an 84 avg per recruit and we are at 82.54. So basically, on average they are slightly ahead of us. They have more commits, but no one here is freaking out... Lots of time for things to change.

Also re: NJ recruiting, we did grab the best QB in the state off of the best team. Rumors of our NJ demise are vastly overrated.
that is all we grabbed---i am not freaking out at all ---ash got 3 guys we offerred--u are naive to think that at this point that we are competitive with him. forget the track records and look at recruiting results --up to now. by the way, we went from very good to horrible in that same time frame. i am in babers corner, but will wait a year to see what progress is made. denial of the current obvious is dangerous--know ur opponent---by the way, there are no outside nj recruits yet for ru, unless i missed something.

t

that is all we grabbed---i am not freaking out at all ---ash got 3 guys we offerred--u are naive to think that at this point that we are competitive with him. forget the track records and look at recruiting results --up to now. by the way, we went from very good to horrible in that same time frame. i am in babers corner, but will wait a year to see what progress is made. denial of the current obvious is dangerous--know ur opponent---by the way, there are no outside nj recruits yet for ru, unless i missed something.

They have a pretty impressive OL from CT Sam Vretman, and a WR from NY Tim Barrow.

tipphill said:
t that is all we grabbed---i am not freaking out at all ---ash got 3 guys we offerred--u are naive to think that at this point that we are competitive with him. forget the track records and look at recruiting results --up to now. by the way, we went from very good to horrible in that same time frame. i am in babers corner, but will wait a year to see what progress is made. denial of the current obvious is dangerous--know ur opponent---by the way, there are no outside nj recruits yet for ru, unless i missed something.

Naive to think we are competitive with them at this point. Ok. You're naive if you think we'll stay "at this point."

Edit: Do you know how good of a HC Ash is or will be? Because we know how good Babers is. That's why I think we'll be better off in Dec. They can win June.

Last edited:
Naive to think we are competitive with them at this point. Ok. You're naive if you think we'll stay "at this point."

Edit: Do you know how good of a HC Ash is or will be? Because we know how good Babers is. That's why I think we'll be better off in Dec. They can win June.
i am not saying babers is not a good coach, nor am i saying that ash is a good coach. my comments and concerns are focused on current recruiting, nothing more. i hope u r correct !!!i am big on getting jersey and metro ny guys,that is what bothers me most.

Yeah I think people overstate the hit we took on jersey recruiting. Cuse didnt just rely on jersey players. We used to grab players from Conn, DMV, Pennslyvania and FL too. Schiano did a good job of grabing the players that Cuse would snag from Jersey. When Rutgers beacme more competitive, those kids started to stay home. Schiano just never really got them to the next level. 2006 and that was it. Penn st Ohio st were still grabbing the top tier players. Reason why our teams were poor during that era. were because of Robinson, bad image and bad recruiting as a whole.
totally wrong. the reason that we were bad, had to do with the facilities that we did not invest in when we were good!!!! want to blame someone??? talk to jake,dave gavitt etal. and the get a life SHAW. cantor only added to the insult. robinson was recipient of a complete inept era.i agree he bad but so was the leadership at the time

totally wrong. the reason that we were bad, had to do with the facilities that we did not invest in when we were good!!!! want to blame someone??? talk to jake,dave gavitt etal. and the get a life SHAW. cantor only added to the insult. robinson was recipient of a complete inept era.i agree he bad but so was the leadership at the time

We should have invested more in facilities, but Robinson had no business getting hired, it was an awful hire that set us back years.

Totally wrong? But you said he was bad. So am I wrong or not?

So Rutgirls has to "pay " the Yankees $70,000 to play another bottom half big ten team n Maryland to play at Yankee Stadium.

Was this a requirement of them to play in the Big Ten when they agreed to join the league? Looks like a money loser to me when 80% of the people who took the poll said they would not go to the game.

Will Rutgers' game at Yankee Stadium be profitable? | Mailbag

So Rutgirls has to "pay " the Yankees $70,000 to play another bottom half big ten team n Maryland to play at Yankee Stadium.

Was this a requirement of them to play in the Big Ten when they agreed to join the league? Looks like a money loser to me when 80% of the people who took the poll said they would not go to the game.

Will Rutgers' game at Yankee Stadium be profitable? | Mailbag

Rutgers paying the Yankees, even a nominal sum of $70k, is a far cry from the money maker, power play this was presented as being. This is looking more and more as a very weak mimicking of Syracuse marketing in NYC.

u are not wrong. he was horrible,but not totally responsible for the state of su football.
I hear you but IMO, you give Robinson the facilities and adminstrative staff we have now and he will still not get it done. Bad coach is a bad coach. There's been many coaches that did alot more with little. Cincinatti and Uconn facilities were bad during the same time. Both won Big East titles with what they had

Last edited:
A lot of fans of all programs get excited over early rankings, which do not stand up when other programs fill out their class later on... RU has a number of decent three star players that, when all is said and done, might put them somewhere in the 40's, assuming there is no mass de commits

The one positive beyond that is RU has the verbals of the number one ranked player in NJ at several positions... That could change as the year goes by, as I can see Devito bypassing Lewis during the senior year...

Pharm73 said:
A lot of fans of all programs get excited over early rankings, which do not stand up when other programs fill out their class later on... RU has a number of decent three star players that, when all is said and done, might put them somewhere in the 40's, assuming there is no mass de commits The one positive beyond that is RU has the verbals of the number one ranked player in NJ at several positions... That could change as the year goes by, as I can see Devito bypassing Lewis during the senior year...

Yeah - I was one of the guys who went to the Rutgers board where they were wondering if we were losing faith in Babers because we only had 3 recruits.

We were not.

I like Devito in the scheme we run - he's a better fit than Lewis for sure. And maybe a better pro prospect. Dohn got caught making a poor evaluation and I don't think he'll bump him above Lewis.

Yeah - I was one of the guys who went to the Rutgers board where they were wondering if we were losing faith in Babers because we only had 3 recruits.

We were not.

I like Devito in the scheme we run - he's a better fit than Lewis for sure. And maybe a better pro prospect. Dohn got caught making a poor evaluation and I don't think he'll bump him above Lewis.

Agreed on the Dohn making a bad eval, they should just drop the "N" from his last name and stick with that.

my jersey taxes hard at work... f off, rutgers.
Rutgers gets unlimited use of the chopper in return for ad space for the copter rental company in the stadium

Is that the copter Flood took when he was fired, or the one Christie used to go to his son's little league games?

I don't know if Christies copter could get off the ground with him in it.