The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 171 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

There's a very simple way for this thread to come to an end. Rutgers needs to cease being an all-round dumpster fire. ;)

Here's a quote from today's NYT Education supplement, "New Jersey has long struggled to draw students. It had the second largest net loss in students, after Illinois." The supplement says New Brunswick is overcrowded. This map explains where they're going.

Say what you want about Ash. But if you don't think Flood took a flame thrower to their program...both on and off the field... you aren't paying attention.
Rutgers will always be irrelevant. Always.

Rutgers will always be irrelevant. Always.

So irrelevant yet we cannot ess tee you about them.

213 pages.

But, but, it's funny.

Keep the hypocrisy going, slam me for my dissenting opinion (Internet gonna Internet), and have fun with it.

IMG_5999.GIF

Yet you keep posting in this very thread.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Didn't realize our passion for killing the Scarlet Knights.

Sorry for coming across as a jerk to some of you. I would hope my history around here would be enough to ensure that I'm not the kind of person to stir the pot. Although I don't understand our obsession for this topic, I don't really need to. It was just my opinion.

Carry on, and go Orange. I'll show myself out.

The guy didn't come here. He's ~22 years old. Let it go. Stalking him is creepy and weird. It really is.

If you want to talk about players, we have plenty here that wear orange. Or at the very least, there are plenty that play for teams that we actually have on our schedule.

Creepy???
Lemme get this straight... you're taking issue with a very tame and non disrespectful comment on an SUFB message board/Rutgers Dumpster fire thread, about a player who:

- committed to us
- was an Elite 11 QB from Texas & perceived savior
- flipped away when our coach split leaving us without a quality QB recruit
- ended up buried so deep at TCU that he changed positions
- missed a golden opportunity on the Hill to lead a program when Hunt can't stay healthy
- Eventually decides to Grad Transfer and is back in touch with Syracuse this past (June?)
- Visits campus, meets staff and discusses how he ran essentially the same offense in HS
- Decides again that Cuse isn't the place for him
- Chooses Rutgers
- Plays terribly when he gets a shot in their pathetic offense
- Circumstances this weekend prove he made the wrong choice AGAIN since he would've run this high powered offense in Clemson and perhaps longer
- Because the kid chose Rutgers we have to play Wilson and the Officer when it should have been a win/win with Zach Allen finally getting his shot to lead the Orange. It would've been a storybook turn in an already exciting season

But this topic is off limits??? You think it's "creepy" to comment on this considering we may be asking Wilson or Mahoney to get us to a Bowl Game ?!?!?

Piece of advice : stay off the FB recruiting side of this site you're a little too sensitive for the discussions over there lol

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Didn't realize our passion for killing the Scarlet Knights.

Sorry for coming across as a jerk to some of you. I would hope my history around here would be enough to ensure that I'm not the kind of person to stir the pot. Although I don't understand our obsession for this topic, I don't really need to. It was just my opinion.

Carry on, and go Orange. I'll show myself out.

How is it an obsession?

This thread represents the very worst of the SU fanbase.

It's sad that weave one of the more storied programs in all of college football, and instead of focusing on legitimate rivalries, this thread harps on the most consistently hapless school in the history of college football - a team that we don't even play. I don't get it.

Sure RU is an unmitigated dumpster fire. They've always been that. What else is new?
If this thread is so offensive why do you keep reading / posting in it? I'm getting the feeling you're the type of poster who just likes to complain.

Maybe message boards aren't a good place for you to spend your time? Life's short. IJS

Creepy???
Lemme get this straight... you're taking issue with a very tame and non disrespectful comment on an SUFB message board/Rutgers Dumpster fire thread, about a player who:

- committed to us
- was an Elite 11 QB from Texas & perceived savior
- flipped away when our coach split leaving us without a quality QB recruit
- ended up buried so deep at TCU that he changed positions
- missed a golden opportunity on the Hill to lead a program when Hunt can't stay healthy
- Eventually decides to Grad Transfer and is back in touch with Syracuse this past (June?)
- Visits campus, meets staff and discusses how he ran essentially the same offense in HS
- Decides again that Cuse isn't the place for him
- Chooses Rutgers
- Plays terribly when he gets a shot in their pathetic offense
- Circumstances this weekend prove he made the wrong choice AGAIN since he would've run this high powered offense in Clemson and perhaps longer
- Because the kid chose Rutgers we have to play Wilson and the Officer when it should have been a win/win with Zach Allen finally getting his shot to lead the Orange. It would've been a storybook turn in an already exciting season

But this topic is off limits??? You think it's "creepy" to comment on this considering we may be asking Wilson or Mahoney to get us to a Bowl Game ?!?!?

Piece of advice : stay off the FB recruiting side of this site you're a little too sensitive for the discussions over there lol

The kid was turned into a WR at TCU, and CANT GET ON THE FIELD for a 2 win rutgers team that had one first down in a game a few weeks ago. What makes you think he is actually any good and would prosper here?

The kid was turned into a WR at TCU, and CANT GET ON THE FIELD for a 2 win rutgers team that had one first down in a game a few weeks ago. What makes you think he is actually any good and would prosper here?
Honestly I don't know if he'd be any good but I wanted him in camp competing b/c I don't think we have a QB on the roster outside of #2 that can win.

TCU was a tough deal for him. He was a late add because they missed on bigger targets then quickly got recruited over. Rutgers is a mess, a no win situation in a terrible offense and short rope due to a younger 'hot shot' kid behind him.

Allen ran Dino's offense in HS so he knows and thrived in the system. I forget the exact connect but his HS coach was part of the family tree for Dino's O. He's a strong armed kid who can run - perfect to step in for Dungey. I think if he came here he had a real shot to succeed and I'm guessing he's kicking himself now that 2 went down.

This thread represents the very worst of the SU fanbase.

It's sad that weave one of the more storied programs in all of college football, and instead of focusing on legitimate rivalries, this thread harps on the most consistently hapless school in the history of college football - a team that we don't even play. I don't get it.

Sure RU is an unmitigated dumpster fire. They've always been that. What else is new?

This thread is just funny. It's not about them being a rival or us being obsessed with them. They have always been a dumpster fire that is fun to throw stuff into to see it burn.

That's it.

Honestly I don't know if he'd be any good but I wanted him in camp competing b/c I don't think we have a QB on the roster outside of #2 that can win.

TCU was a tough deal for him. He was a late add because they missed on bigger targets then quickly got recruited over. Rutgers is a mess, a no win situation in a terrible offense and short rope due to a younger 'hot shot' kid behind him.

Allen ran Dino's offense in HS so he knows and thrived in the system. I forget the exact connect but his HS coach was part of the family tree for Dino's O. He's a strong armed kid who can run - perfect to step in for Dungey. I think if he came here he had a real shot to succeed and I'm guessing he's kicking himself now that 2 went down.

Are we sure he turned us down?

Allen doesn't seemed to have adjusted to the game at the FBS level. I have no reason to think he would have been successful here after getting buried on two other depth charts.

We have had our own attendance problems this season, so I can't mock them too much on this, though they are spectacularly shameless in bumping attendance numbers to make themselves look kind of like a real B1G school.

Here's an idea: RU needs money desperately. Why not sell their stadium to Temple, who has a football team and needs one?

RU could use the proceeds to start to pay down part of the hundreds of millions of dollars the football team has lost over the past few years? It is already red.

Everyone wins.

Ash is really packing them in. Good thing they spent all that money on that expansion that still isn't paid off yet.

Empty house? Crowd photos from Rutgers B10 loss to Indiana
I'll tell you what, the red bleachers really help make it look less bad. So they have that going for them. Contrast that to our silver seats, and when attendance at the dome is below 26k it looks absolutely dreadful. Truthfully, didn't think those pictures looked terrible, considering their season this year, and the opponent. Indiana is like us playing Wake. Only the diehards care during an especially painful year.

I'll tell you what, the red bleachers really help make it look less bad. So they have that going for them. Contrast that to our silver seats, and when attendance at the dome is below 26k it looks absolutely dreadful. Truthfully, didn't think those pictures looked terrible, considering their season this year, and the opponent. Indiana is like us playing Wake. Only the diehards care during an especially painful year.
The difference is we aren't borrowing money from the academic fund to pay for those empty bleachers. They are.

Just so we don't forget, today is the 10th anniversary of

THURSDAY!!!®

And then nothing for the last 10 years. Just like the first 147 years.

O right their little pandemonium in piscatway.