The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 173 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I know we lost, and will probably lose the last 2, but we showed progress. I just read that RU punted from MSUs 30 down 3 TDs only to have MSU come back 95 yards to make is 28-0. Ash and his teenage OC are a complete disaster. We should send FADMC flowers thanking him for HCDB

Yeah, at this point Rutgers should just give up football. Invest heavily into mens and women's hoops, soccer, LAX and wrestling. That's what they seriously should do.

Noles this week. Let's have an injury free game guys.

I hope they come in at 5 so they are motivated to hang 100 on em. Saquan Barkley with 6 TDs

If there's one program that would benefit from Rutgers being perennially awful, its Penn State. Hanging 70 pts on them keeps PSU as the preferred destination for NJ talent. So Franklin has a real incentive to crush them.

NJ has always been a significant source of PSU players starting even before Franco Harris.

Yeah, at this point Rutgers should just give up football. Invest heavily into mens and women's hoops, soccer, LAX and wrestling. That's what they seriously should do.

Noles this week. Let's have an injury free game guys.

If Rutgers gives up football, what am I going to laugh at?

If Rutgers gives up football, what am I going to laugh at?

LOL. I was a student in the late 90's and the early 00's and while we weren't good at basketball at the level of Syracuse, we were competitive and it was fun to go to home games. Can't deny the RAC is a great venue to catch a game. But no one cared about football and it was ok. While the men's basketball program the past 10 years has been as bad as humanly possible, it's not as hard to be consistently competitive in hoops as it is in football if you actually manage it properly and pay attention to it which Mulcahy/Schiano and Rutgers stopped doing in the mid 2000's. Wrestling and soccer is already pretty good even by B1G standards. I just think football is a waste of time if you are not Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, Florida, FSU, Clemson, Miami, etc. The haves and have nots. That whole thing.

I thought Rutgers already gave up on football.

Anyone else hear the quick Rutgers mention on Mike and Mike this morning? If not, they were discussing who should be in the college football playoff and the merits of each team and naturally are talking about Ohio State and Michigan. Greenie asks if the other guys were aware of the collective beating that Rutgers took from Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State and says he thinks it is like 160-0, and asks their checkers to find out. Then he says, we've got it, Ohio State 58-0, Michigan 78-0 and Michigan State 49-0. Golic responded with a groan of disbelief and disgust and I don't know who the other guy was, but he also seemed to get physically ill.

i don't know the score at the time, but Ash actually punted from the Michigan State 30 yard line. For real.

And we aren't scheduling games with them why again?

P-5
In a prominent recruiting area for us
Patsy

Hmmmmm.

And we aren't scheduling games with them why again?

P-5
In a prominent recruiting area for us
Patsy

Hmmmmm.

They are a waste of time, beating them does nothing for us, except for making their message board miserable

For the foreseeable future, we are looking down the gun barrel at 3 close to automatic losses (FSU, Clem, Louis). Wins and making a bowl matter. Beating the girls is a lot better than losing at LSU. And marginally better, frankly, than beating UConn or USF.

Anyone else hear the quick Rutgers mention on Mike and Mike this morning? If not, they were discussing who should be in the college football playoff and the merits of each team and naturally are talking about Ohio State and Michigan. Greenie asks if the other guys were aware of the collective beating that Rutgers took from Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State and says he thinks it is like 160-0, and asks their checkers to find out. Then he says, we've got it, Ohio State 58-0, Michigan 78-0 and Michigan State 49-0. Golic responded with a groan of disbelief and disgust and I don't know who the other guy was, but he also seemed to get physically ill.
I was coming here to mention that. It was beautiful.

If there's one program that would benefit from Rutgers being perennially awful, its Penn State. Hanging 70 pts on them keeps PSU as the preferred destination for NJ talent. So Franklin has a real incentive to crush them.

NJ has always been a significant source of PSU players starting even before Franco Harris.
Actually, since Harbaugh arrived, Michigan has cleaned up in Jersey. Got 5 of the top 10 last year, I believe, including the consensus #1 player in the country, Rashan Gary.

Beating them into oblivion and recruiting some good kids right out from under them worked for a long time here.

They aren't getting the top Nj recruits, Mich, Osu, and Psu are cleaning house in Nj, among others.

Actually, since Harbaugh arrived, Michigan has cleaned up in Jersey. Got 5 of the top 10 last year, I believe, including the consensus #1 player in the country, Rashan Gary.

He got the top two Gary and Peppers, not sure how Peppers wasn't number one, but o well.

I hate Rutgers more than Uconn and Bc, probably because I live in Nj.
i lived in nj for 32 yrs and went to grad school at ru. i did enjoy the frank burns days at rutgers, he was an excellent coach. i cannot stand the hoops fans. they are rudest, most ignorant fans ever who know absolutely nothing about basketball.
i used to go to the rac,(which is a great Homer venue )when syracuse plays them.