The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 180 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

What's funny is that a Rutgirls board member thought maybe they should go after Dino for OC. They shut him down immediately.Dino probably earns more than their whole staff combined;)

Im surprised they aren't talking about getting Nick Saban.

Im surprised they aren't talking about getting Nick Saban.

Is Les Miles close enough? Because there are some serious about getting him as their OC. That will never happen.

Is Les Miles close enough? Because there are some serious about getting him as their OC. That will never happen.

Les Miles would coach the defense, I think they are looking to bring back Vince Lombardi from the dead to run the offense.

I really like him but I'm more than a bit surprised. Unless he has overcome his health issue they may need someone else to actually call the plays or be ready beside him in case he has another incident during the game.

Last edited:
Thats a bigger name than I was expecting. He was B1G COTY a few years ago

Thats a bigger name than I was expecting. He was B1G COTY a few years ago
He was last an OC in 1993. Betting that next year, Rutgers will be on OC #9 for last 9 years

Seriously, dude will break out into a seizure by game 4, dude needs to stop. Seriously. What a trainwreck. Ashe probably thinking the HC experience will help him but he's an accident waiting to happen. Not trying to be a dink but this is dumb on everyone's part.

Seriously, dude will break out into a seizure by game 4, dude needs to stop. Seriously. What a trainwreck. Ashe probably thinking the HC experience will help him but he's an accident waiting to happen. Not trying to be a dink but this is dumb on everyone's part.
Just Rutgers doing Rutgers stuff

Shafe was a great DC, but his defenses when he was a HC never lived up to his defenses when he was a DC.

Reactions: FAL
With his health record, who else is going to hire Jerry Kill?
He's had a lot of success over the years (except in bowl games) but there's a relatively high possibility that he could have to resign anytime.

I don't think either side had a wealth of options.

I just think it's really odd that he is was picked as OC and has to restrict his work hours due to his health.

I really like him but I'm more than a bit surprised. Unless he has overcome his health issue they may need someone else to actually call the plays or be ready beside him in case he has another incident during the game.

But...but...but...he coaches from the sidelines in the big games...

2011 (3-9) 110 Ranked total offense
2012 (6-7) 111 Ranked Total offense
2015 ( 4-3) 103 Ranked total offense

What's even more head-scratching is that Ashe has stated that he wants to run an up-tempo, power spread. I don't recall Kill running that type of offense previously. How is his offensive philosophy and experience going go provide what Ashe wants? I know most Rutgers fans are happy, but I think that's more because he brought in someone with experience.