The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 182 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

They are on the hook now! They apparently had/have a drug policy and we all know that enforcement of a drug policy far outweighs paying players/parents, giving away grades like candy, attendance (or rather, lack thereof) and other SEC approved tactics. With 16, this could reach the death penalty (for which the B1G may be pushing...).

If you've watched their play the last couple years the death penalty was already self imposed. :rolling:

Then there is the dreaded - practicing athletic directorship without a license violation.

Imagine this: Rutgers gets harsher penalties than PSU suffered for Sandusky-gate.
All I know is that they better get a 15+% reduction in scholarships for 2 (or 3) seasons, and vacating all the wins in that period. Since there weren't that many, I believe Rutgers will accept that latter without argument. Won't be much a redacting job in the media guide. ;)

Hey Tipp, still buying Rutgers upside? Think any recruits might bolt if they can't play in a bowl?
more the better for us if it helps us recruit nj. i hope they do and we get 1 or 2. i never bought the upside. i,as you know, want a presence back in nj. as well as nyc and l.i. we did get strickland and ellison from nj.
i read the article on nj.com which stated that "most" of the violations were level 2, which do not usually result if bowl ban or loss of scholarships. i have no idea what most is.
howver i will respond further when the penalties are levied by the ncaa , sometime in 2021;)

Last edited:
more the better for us if it helps us recruit nj. i hope they do and we get 1 or 2. i never bought the upside. i,as you know, want a presence back in nj. as well as nyc and l.i. we did get strickland and ellison from nj. (
i read the article on nj.com which stated that "most" of the violations were level 2, which do not usually result if bowl ban or loss of scholarships. i have no idea what most is.
howver i will respond further when the penalties are levied by the ncaa , sometime in 2021;)
Rutgers is up to #27 on Rivals, SU is at #50. (Yes, things can change.)

18mos investigation???? how long did watergate take???? god i wish jay bilas would take over the ncaa. the ncaa is a pathetic, and some of their rules are archaic. why is it that schools like syracuse and rutgers get these sanctions???i guess they don't realize there is an sec.

All I know is that they better get a 15+% reduction in scholarships for 2 (or 3) seasons, and vacating all the wins in that period. Since there weren't that many, I believe Rutgers will accept that latter without argument. Won't be much a redacting job in the media guide. ;)
They should only take one win... the first one. The one they claim invented football. The one they cling to as their only NC claim.

They should only take one win... the first one. The one they claim invented football. The one they cling to as their only NC claim.
Harvard has already taken it from them. Harvard claims that what Princeton and Rutgers played wasn't really football, it was soccer. They say the first intercollegiate game of what people today would recognize as football was Harvard v. McGill in 1874.

Harvard has already taken it from them. Harvard claims that what Princeton and Rutgers played wasn't really football, it was soccer. They say the first intercollegiate game of what people today would recognize as football was Harvard v. McGill in 1874.

Shhh! Don't take EVERYTHING from them. It's all they have left. That and a pile of Ashes.

Shhh! Don't take EVERYTHING from them. It's all they have left. That and a pile of Ashes.

ncf_a_empirestate_195.jpg

Well, not everything.

Rutgers has its largest subscriber base on Rivals. SU has like 3 subscribers on Rivals, so that's not surprising at all.

Rutgers is 31 on 24.7 and Cuse is 49 there... any reason for that one? It's like a broken record that every recruiting site has something against Syracuse and inflates Rutgers numbers. Yes, I think Dohn has some Rutgers bias, but EVERY recruiting site?

Now with that said... I think Cuse has guys who are going to fit DBs offense better, so quite frankly, I don't really give a damn about recruiting rankings. If you trust the staff then you should also trust that they are getting the best possible kids to fit their system. Rutgers class is pretty top heavy which is why I think they have a high ranking (ie. Micah Clark, Tyshon Fogg, and Bo Melton). That brings up their average ranking a good deal for the rest of the class.

On a side note, regarding the investigation... my contact from the NJFCA is saying that they were assured that there would be no significant sanctions given to Rutgers because they completely cleared house in the athletic department during the investigation (AD, HC, some players, support staff, etc.). At WORST CASE scenario, they are expecting a loss of 1 or 2 scholarships. But more than likely, it will be a slap on the wrist.

Rutgers is 31 on 24.7 and Cuse is 49 there... any reason for that one? It's like a broken record that every recruiting site has something against Syracuse and inflates Rutgers numbers. Yes, I think Dohn has some Rutgers bias, but EVERY recruiting site?

Now with that said... I think Cuse has guys who are going to fit DBs offense better, so quite frankly, I don't really give a damn about recruiting rankings. If you trust the staff then you should also trust that they are getting the best possible kids to fit their system. Rutgers class is pretty top heavy which is why I think they have a high ranking (ie. Micah Clark, Tyshon Fogg, and Bo Melton). That brings up their average ranking a good deal for the rest of the class.

On a side note, regarding the investigation... my contact from the NJFCA is saying that they were assured that there would be no significant sanctions given to Rutgers because they completely cleared house in the athletic department during the investigation (AD, HC, some players, support staff, etc.). At WORST CASE scenario, they are expecting a loss of 1 or 2 scholarships. But more than likely, it will be a slap on the wrist.
That's not consistent with previous measures. Cleaning house of that staff doesn't change the fact that the transgressions took place.

There's pre-signing day rankings and post signing day rankings. After the annual decommit parade the RU ranking will go down (up). Thinking about it we should leave 3 or 4 open slots every year to take advantage of the newly available talent looking for a new home.

They are very top heavy. I ran the numbers removing both teams top two guys and our class was better by a touch (this was 5 months ago or something).

I wonder how harsh the NCAA is with a whole new football staff and AD. I am fully for the punishment of the school and program in this case - no matter who the new people are - but I wonder if they treat it differently. Does Kyle Flood get in any trouble beyond what he already has? Is there like a hush-hush ban on any NCAA D1 school from employing him for a year or two?

If all the recruiting services show approximately the same rankings, then, well...if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

I think Babers shows great promise as long as he straightens out the defense. But, #50 on the recruiting rankings just won't cut it.

If all the recruiting services show approximately the same rankings, then, well...if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

I think Babers shows great promise as long as he straightens out the defense. But, #50 on the recruiting rankings just won't cut it.
Well, since star gazing seems to be so important, SU is 41st on skout while RU is 31st.

How's BC doing?