The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 219 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Riley during the second half...

qzMbTnm0HWnjG.gif

He knows he is auditioning for that Nebraska job right now
Maryland has lost yet another QB. What is up with them the last 2-3 years and their QB getting hurt? I think Hill only had one pass before he got hurt.

Nebraska's QB Tanner Lee might be the worst starting P5 QB in the country. He is a pick 6 machine. 10 of Rutty's points came off his INT's. Riley looked like he was gonna puked.

Last edited:
Riley and Ed O. on Monday?

W1RfViIn6ynKg.gif

Last edited:
Nebraska was asking to be beaten, is there a more pathetic qb/coach combo than Lee and Riley, anyone else would have beat them, but not the girls from piscatway.

That was awesome and oh so Rutgers. What a bunch of asses. Really dumb ones too. They really should act like they have been there, but no, that's impossible. They are Rutgers.

In Rutger's defense, it is hard to "act like you've been there" when you have never actually been there. In 150 years. Never, never, never.

Can we coin a new phrase?

"They just Rutgersed." "They just pulled a Rutgers."

Def: Rutgers (Rhut' -ghurz, sometimes pronounced: Rhut'-gerlz) (n) Party which fails miserably when there is no possible reason to fail. (v) To be in position to excel with no possible excuse for failure while in fact failing on a giant scale.

In Rutger's defense, it is hard to "act like you've been there" when you have never actually been there. In 150 years. Never, never, never.

Can we coin a new phrase?

"They just Rutgersed." "They just pulled a Rutgers."

Def: Rutgers (Rhut' -ghurz, sometimes pronounced: Rhut'-gerlz) (n) Party which fails miserably when there is no possible reason to fail. (v) To be in position to excel with no possible excuse for failure while in fact failing on a giant scale.

I think that term has been in use for 150 years now.

FWIW, the reality of the Ash hire is starting to sink in amoung tbe Rutty faithful.

We dodged a cruise missle there...
so many of these coaches are just so damn weird. i'll never forget that crazy video of him during the rumors of him. he just came off so strange

so many of these coaches are just so damn weird. i'll never forget that crazy video of him during the rumors of him. he just came off so strange

That rumor day is still one of the all time best days on this board.

Nuclear thread. No one could keep up with it.

You type in a one liner, hit submit, and you were 8 pages behind.

no to ash was just about the biggest consensus as this board will ever get. there are so many glue sniffing insane people on here, it's pretty amazing to get consensus about anything

It’s still #2 to firing GRob on the SyracuseFan consensus list.

Even those that think no coach should ever be fired no matter what were saying come on already!

Nebraska was asking to be beaten, is there a more pathetic qb/coach combo than Lee and Riley, anyone else would have beat them, but not the girls from piscatway.
Husker fans hyped Lee to the moon this offseason. Its so damn funny how bad he is.

Reality starting to sink in about how bad Chris Ash is over on the Rutty board

https://rutgers.forums.r ivals.com/threads/whatever-it-takes-schiano.130008/

Total melt down. They expect a guy to come in, recruit like a Blue Blood Powerhouse, win immediately and walk away with everything. I'm NOT a fan of Ash but this is ridiculous, he inherited many off-field problems and more on-field problems. He should get at least three years to clean that up and another two or three to build on. Any higher expectation is requesting a miracle. I give the guy credit for cleaning up the worst of the mess and pulling a few decent players. I'm not impressed with his coaching but give the guy a break, he's only been there 16 games. (Makes you appreciate what Babers has done in 16 games).

Five to six years to mediocrity, no less. And several think Schiano would win many games with the same players (and his history of failing to make adjustments during games), assuming he would go back to Rutgers.

Total melt down. They expect a guy to come in, recruit like a Blue Blood Powerhouse, win immediately and walk away with everything. I'm NOT a fan of Ash but this is ridiculous, he inherited many off-field problems and more on-field problems. He should get at least three years to clean that up and another two or three to build on. Any higher expectation is requesting a miracle. I give the guy credit for cleaning up the worst of the mess and pulling a few decent players. I'm not impressed with his coaching but give the guy a break, he's only been there 16 games. (Makes you appreciate what Babers has done in 16 games).

Five to six years to mediocrity, no less. And several think Schiano would win many games with the same players (and his history of failing to make adjustments during games), assuming he would go back to Rutgers.
I hope they keep him there forever...