The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 230 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I don't understand why that game was considered what we Americans call football. According to Wiki, it seems more similar to the European version of football:

Part of the first season of college football ever played, the game took place on 6 November 1869, at College Field (now the site of the College Avenue Gymnasium at Rutgers University) in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Because the game was played at a Rutgers field, it was also played under Rutgers' rules. The rules were based on Football Association's rules of the time, in which two teams of 25 players attempted to score by kicking the ball into the opposing team's goal, but throwing or carrying the ball was not allowed. (See Gameplay section below for how the game transpired.) Rutgers won the game by a score of 6 "runs" to Princeton's 4.

Source: Wikipedia

It seems delusions are part of the Rutgers tradition.

While your last line is true and their delusion has been displayed constantly by Rutgers and their fans, truth has never stopped them from their claim. Even the idea that the ESB was lit in red because they beat Louisville (which also has red as their primary color) is debunked by the fact that anyone, even you and I, can apply to the ESB to light their building in colors we specify.

For any delusion to be promoted, one must ignore facts. Rutgers excels at ignoring facts.

I don't understand why that game was considered what we Americans call football. According to Wiki, it seems more similar to the European version of football:

Part of the first season of college football ever played, the game took place on 6 November 1869, at College Field (now the site of the College Avenue Gymnasium at Rutgers University) in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Because the game was played at a Rutgers field, it was also played under Rutgers' rules. The rules were based on Football Association's rules of the time, in which two teams of 25 players attempted to score by kicking the ball into the opposing team's goal, but throwing or carrying the ball was not allowed. (See Gameplay section below for how the game transpired.) Rutgers won the game by a score of 6 "runs" to Princeton's 4.

I believe that the first game that involved carrying/passing a ball was between Harvard and McGill

I guess American vs American sounds better than American vs Canadian

No one with any knowledge of sports thinks Rutgers is the birthplace of college football. Only exceptionally stupid people (i.e. Rutgers fans) could try and argue this was football. Desperate=ignorant=Rutgerian...

No one with any knowledge of sports thinks Rutgers is the birthplace of college football. Only exceptionally stupid people (i.e. Rutgers fans) could try and argue this was football. Desperate=ignorant=Rutgerian...
Well that University system did hire Nancy Cantor...

RUChow (on Syracuse during the Clemson Game):

And outside of QB, we have much better talent overall.

TM: When I read that I cannot help thinking of this little classic:

qLogsdN71M9mo.gif

I was driving south on I-81 and got off at the Sandy Creek exit. I was going to Rome so I thought I would go Cross country over to Camden and on to Rome. I was near Salmon River Falls in Orwell on county route 22. I had to slow down for a green truck, a green GMC. I noticed New Jersey tags on the car. Then I saw the red block R!!! They were fishermen up from Joysey trying their luck at catching rotting dead salmon. They even had fishing poles. I wanted to tell them they didn't need them. Just walk the bank of Salmon River and pick up all the dead fish you want. I thought it funny that a Rutgers fan would drive all this way to feast on rotting dead fish.

I was driving south on I-81 and got off at the Sandy Creek exit. I was going to Rome so I thought I would go Cross country over to Camden and on to Rome. I was near Salmon River Falls in Orwell on county route 22. I had to slow down for a green truck, a green GMC. I noticed New Jersey tags on the car. Then I saw the red block R!!! They were fishermen up from Joysey trying their luck at catching rotting dead salmon. They even had fishing poles. I wanted to tell them they didn't need them. Just walk the bank of Salmon River and pick up all the dead fish you want. I thought it funny that a Rutgers fan would drive all this way to feast on rotting dead fish.
What's funny is I don't think the salmon can go that far up...I think the hatchery gets them before that point.

usually other teams drive/fly all the way to Rutgers to feast on the rotting corpse of their football program

What's funny is I don't think the salmon can go that far up...I think the hatchery gets them before that point.
Correct. Actually it is the dam at the lower reservoir. Why they were up near the falls, I have no clue. Maybe they were just taking in the beautiful scenery and having a wonderful rotting salmon lunch. Hey, it's Rutgers. It is what it is.

Correct. Actually it is the dam at the lower reservoir. Why they were up near the falls, I have no clue. Maybe they were just taking in the beautiful scenery and having a wonderful rotting salmon lunch. Hey, it's Rutgers. It is what it is.
Did they have a shovel?