The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 229 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Gotta love this line:

Scarlet_Scourge said:
Clemsoning : “The act of delivering an inexplicably disappointing performance, usually within the
context of a college football season.” A helpful example of use within a phrase is then offered: “Oklahoma
State's overtime loss to an unranked Iowa State was a full-blown Clemsoning.”

If you do it more than once during a season is it officially a Rutgering?

Probably not because we've Rutgered our way to being too obscure to even have such a word.

They have a game thread. Many of them are complimentary, many are pissed they are stuck with Ash, others are playing the typical "but they lost to Middle Tennesse St."
I'm pretty sure they'd fall to mtsu by a couple tds

Another gem from Scarlet Nation:

You cannot judge reactions to that Syracuse win without considering how it hurts Rutgers. Syracuse and PSU used to pretty much OWN NJ recruiting. Other teams had pipelines to certain areas and others had runs for a time (like BC) GS took a good bite outta that and Syracuse suffered... especially after they got a coach that did not "play well" in NJ and they went to a conference where they wouldn't play games in or even near NJ.

A win like that and replays of that celebratory locker-room.. and all the Syracuse alums in the media... and coaching ranks in NJ.. this is going to sway some kids. I'd be shocked if it did not.

How soon we forget that OTHER significant game in their history, vs Princeton in 1869. You know, the day they invented college football.

This society, I'll tell ya. No respect for history, it's all "what have you done for me lately" :cool:
And they really don't have that either. Harvard has long said their game vs. McGill was what people today would recognize as football and Rutgahs-Princeton wasn't.

I can't believe there is actually a team out there worse than Illinois, Lovie smith goes from coaching in a Sb to losing to Rutgirls, embarrassing.

Kansas is FCS level bad. Beyond that, totally agree.

And then there is this gem from the Scarlet Nuts board.

I'm glad RU won today but I want a win against a good team. Cuse really is not more talented than us and most of us considered them a program we had lapped.

Boy the Illini are bad. Gnashing of teeth bad. Their fans must be like:

lvXuQqv0tnvUs.gif

61 yards after contact, did he rush for 40 yards?

I was reading their gameday thread. I kinda feel bad for them, this board was pretty unanimous that Ash was NOT the right hire here (we have a meltdown thread to prove it).

A lot of their folks are starting to realize that they may in fact have their own greg robinson. And they gave him a 5 year deal. RU is in no financial position to fire and pay him. They are just not competitive. Its one thing to lose, but to lose and not even be close like they have been, is wearing them down. Reality is setting in, that they may be stuck with a 1 win season this season, and not much better next, and MAYBE the year after.

They have ZERO offense. Not everyone can get the 4 and 5 star players, but good coaching allows teams with subpar talent to punch above their wait class. RU is outclassed against any upper echelon team. They are scared.

I only post and read on the premium Rutgers Scout board and anyone who did not think that this program was a 4-5 year rebuild is insane. Of course people are second guessing Ash, that's what rabid fans do. We could have brought in Ash, Babers or Meyers and we would have been awful for 3 years before there might be an uptick.

I'm glad RU won today but I want a win against a good team. Cuse really is not more talented than us and most of us considered them a program we had lapped.
Is there a board that is entirely posts from RutgersAl that you guys go to? I guess that why I stay on premium boards and avoid the free RU boards. I'm guess that it is from the RU Rivals board. It's a cesspool over there.

Are forced missed tackles a thing? I guess if you're Rutgers, you have to search for whatever you can.

Still wish Miami hadn't been d!cks about the transfer. Gus and Strickland would have been a great 1-2 punch.

Were talking about a program that took credit for uconn basketball player’s pro earnings. They have no shame.

They are still in denial. 2006 miracle season was 11 years ago. That window closed. Nice win against one of the worse p5 teams in the country. Illinois is playing 15 true freshman's.

Last edited:
They are still in denial. 2006 miracle season was 11 years ago. That window closed. Nice win against one of the worse p5 teams in the country. Illinois is playing 15 true freshman's.

Eleven years is nothing. Rutgers got 137 years out of the "First Football Game" claim. :cool:

Rutgers won today, but I am not sure they would win 5 of 10 against Illinois. And Illinois started 15 freshmen out of 22 starters, that is just crazy.

Eleven years is nothing. Rutgers got 137 years out of the "First Football Game" claim. :cool:

Rutgers won today, but I am not sure they would win 5 of 10 against Illinois. And Illinois started 15 freshmen out of 22 starters, that is just crazy.

I don't understand why that game was considered what we Americans call football. According to Wiki, it seems more similar to the European version of football:

Part of the first season of college football ever played, the game took place on 6 November 1869, at College Field (now the site of the College Avenue Gymnasium at Rutgers University) in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Because the game was played at a Rutgers field, it was also played under Rutgers' rules. The rules were based on Football Association's rules of the time, in which two teams of 25 players attempted to score by kicking the ball into the opposing team's goal, but throwing or carrying the ball was not allowed. (See Gameplay section below for how the game transpired.) Rutgers won the game by a score of 6 "runs" to Princeton's 4.

Source: Wikipedia

It seems delusions are part of the Rutgers tradition.