The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I was surprised to see Rutgers playing walk on caliber players like this poor kid in crunch time in a real game. They were dominated physically all night on both sides of the ball; the final score reflects the complete dominance UCF had over the lowly Scarlet Knights. The only TDs they had were because of their still stellar special teams.

The three worst programs in the ACKKKKK are UConn, USF and Rutgers. Who would have thought that going into this season?

Not defending Rutgers or their players but that walk-on caliber player had the punt block that scored one of their special team TDs. That said, even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Hey more than likely Rutgers will go bowling. They end with USF and UConn

Could you imagine - just imagine - what would happen if they lose the next two? I mean Uconn is really, really bad. That end to the season, combined with next years rude awakening in the B1G?

That flood hire is LOOKING REALLY REALLY shortsighted. The guy was demoted from OC to Online coach a few years prior by Gary Schiano. The AD basically hired him just to keep the "stellar recruiting class" in tact. The guy never even interviewed for a HC gig before. He essentially took last years Gary Schiano team on autopilot to an almost BCS berth, and this year, well, dumpster fire. If they lose either of the next two, it could get ugly. The media will TORCH them if they fire another coach and are still on the hook to pay him.

as bad as uconn has been this year. they gave maryland a game. had michigan beat and gave UL the same type of game as rutgers. It will not be an easy game for Rutgers to win with the mistakes they have been making. imagine if they hadnt lucked out the Temple game.

That flood hire is LOOKING REALLY REALLY shortsighted. The guy was demoted from OC to Online coach a few years prior by Gary Schiano. The AD basically hired him just to keep the "stellar recruiting class" in tact. The guy never even interviewed for a HC gig before. He essentially took last years Gary Schiano team on autopilot to an almost BCS berth, and this year, well, dumpster fire. If they lose either of the next two, it could get ugly. The media will TORCH them if they fire another coach and are still on the hook to pay him.
not really I think he was being paid the lowest wages of any BCS conference team. even a handful a MAC schools were paying more.

they got full market value for flood

shady left as they were getting ready to offer him less money for him and the staff

as bad as uconn has been this year. they gave maryland a game. had michigan beat and gave UL the same type of game as rutgers. It will not be an easy game for Rutgers to win with the mistakes they have been making. imagine if they hadnt lucked out the Temple game.

RU also nearly lost to SMU in 3 OTs.

I really hope they do not fire her. The entertainment value alone is priceless. I. Hope she runs their AD for 25 more years.

I have no idea whether Tom Jurich is that diabolical, but he seems smart enough to realize what a train wreck she is and was able to get Rutgers to hire her.

not really I think he was being paid the lowest wages of any BCS conference team. even a handful a MAC schools were paying more.

they got full market value for flood

shady left as they were getting ready to offer him less money for him and the staff

I understand he is one of the lowest paid BCS coaches, but it still remains, if he gets fired the local media in jersey will again wonder where RU is getting the money to pay a coach that doesnt coach. RU is an anomaly in that its a state university that most of NJ turns there nose up at. I'll admit, I did too. My mom basically made me apply there, and literally DRAGGED me out of bed to go to a weekend open house after I was accepted. I had zero desire to attend.

Remember, even with the B1G windfall, RU robs the general fund to the tune of $20+ Million dollars a year to balance the AD. Essentially the B1G money just brings them back to even.

Not defending Rutgers or their players but that walk-on caliber player had the punt block that scored one of their special team TDs. That said, even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

I agree, but kid could be a hidden gem. He also had a blocked punt last week. Kid is only a true freshman and did not look bad out there last night in all honesty. Kid is TUFF as nails.

I really hope they do not fire her. The entertainment value alone is priceless. I. Hope she runs their AD for 25 more years.
I kind of agree. And I hope she backs Flood as much as Farmer is backing her and Barchi is backing everyone. What I think woudl be best is not Rutgers losing the next 2 games but actually becoming bowl eligible and no one inviting them to a bowl. That woudl be classic. Of course it could happen to SU too but ti would be funny if it happended to Rutgirls.

Farmer and Barchi have to know that Hermann will never last don't they? Wait till they go 0-fer the BIG next season.

I'm not sure whether to root for them or not in these last 2 games. i want a lame duck Flood back next year and a much better chance of that happening with a victory or 2.

The crazy thing is that even at 41-17, the score still doesn't reflect how much they were dominated. if you take out 2 special teams plays, the score is 41-3, with the 3 coming with less than a minute left in the game. Nothing says small time more than going for a field goal in the final minute down 41-14-The announcers would laughing their heads off at Rutgers.

does anyone know if oleary would have considered coming back north to coach su? would he be a candidate? now that he has florida ties, he may be an even more attractice candidate. maybe oleary doesnt want to leave because of his age but the guy is a great coach. i always thought what happened to him with his resume was overblown, seeing as he is a football coach.

wow seeing this in slow mo, isnt this the type of hit that nfl either made or wants to make illegal? or was it the ncaa? leading with the head by the RB. wasn't there some recent change about this.

I have no idea whether Tom Jurich is that diabolical, but he seems smart enough to realize what a train wreck she is and was able to get Rutgers to hire her.

I think he is. In this day and age, it’s not easy to fire anyone. A female in a male dominate field? A female lesbian… you better have a serious paper trail before you fire her.

It’s easier to promote her, tell everyone at the trade shows, she’s a superstar and wait for the competition to poach her.

rutgers = sucker

Where the hell are all the Rutgers trolls? I guess Arizona Knight's panic room does not have internet access.

Where the hell are all the Rutgers trolls? I guess Arizona Knight's panic room does not have internet access.
I think they are too good to care about us now that they are off to become the B10 doormat. Heck I bet even the Hoosiers could wipe some dirt or cowsheet off on Rutgirls next year.

rutty mat.jpg

I think he is. In this day and age, it’s not easy to fire anyone. A female in a male dominate field? A female lesbian… you better have a serious paper trail before you fire her.

Although, you have to admit that it's a lot easier to fire a female lesbian than a male lesbian.

Has a crappy team ever won more games due to STs play than Rutgirls?

Has a crappy team ever won more games due to STs play than Rutgirls?

That's the 1 thing I have admired about RU these recent years (and when I say 1, I am being literal)-It's uncanny how they do it on Special teams every year. Too bad they also have to play Offense and Defense.

That's the 1 thing I have admired about RU these recent years (and when I say 1, I am being literal)-It's uncanny how they do it on Special teams every year. Too bad they also have to play Offense and Defense.

This is so true. I like many here love to watch them lose but I am always amazed by their special team play. Especially since our has been lacking for a few years. It seems like every time they need a big play on specials they go out and get it... however with out anything else you are going to struggle to win games.