The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 309 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Taking a quick lazy Saturday look at their class on 2 47.

Their best recruit Aaron Young has a ton of P5 offers. Good get for them. Their #2 guy has Rutgers, Iowa, a few G5 and several FCS.

I don’t know how anyone can look the offer lists of our guys vs. theirs and think objectively think that their class is just about equal.

Young was a signing day flip. He’ll regret that, Poor kid

[QUOTE="I don’t know how anyone can look the offer lists of our guys vs. theirs and think objectively think that their class is just about equal.[/QUOTE]

Dude, there is no objectivity. You do realize there are >7700 posts in this ridiculous thread that I can't rubber-necking on, right?

Young was a signing day flip. He’ll regret that, Poor kid

I think he only flipped because his brother avery is on the team. But honestly, it doesnt really help them because isiah pacheco, who is a good player, is a frosh this year, so dont really need him.

Good read going on over there right now. Someone really needs to let them know Babers never looked at them, and Ash was not wanted here.
I saw the convo. I just went back to the thread and couldnt find it because they erased it. It was called "ten win season for Syracuse and Dino Babers ". Pretty bad when you have to delete threads but brighter days are ahead. In Rob Ash I Trust.

I saw the convo. I just went back to the thread and couldnt find it because they erased it. It was called "ten win season for Syracuse and Dino Babers ". Pretty bad when you have to delete threads but brighter days are ahead. In Rob Ash I Trust.
That's the best part about those fools, they mock us for having a thread that doesn't die, yet they continually delete what they started

I mean at this point, does it matter what they do? I’ve seen some humility from some of their longtime posters this year.

They’ll always have a ton of @$$hats, it’s in their blood. But as it pertains to football, I do not envy any programming enduring darkest days. Especially programs who’ve endured it for 92% of their entirety.

I was talking about this with someone a couple weeks ago, it’s mindboggling the ineptitude that their A.D. has been run with. I mean, they’ve set the gold standard for what NOT to do. It’s truly baffling at times. Worst run major program in the country.

So next year is the 150th anniversary of their “invention” of football. I never realized there was an actual date. It’s November 9th - which happens to be a Saturday next season.

Amazingly, to celebrate their “Birthplace of college football”- and this is textbook Rutgers - they have scheduled the “Fighting Byes” that week.

It’s very likely that everyone will be making reference to the Anniversary that weekend - except Rutgers.

Last edited:
So next year is the 150th anniversary of their “invention” of football. I never realized there was an actual date. It’s November 9th - which happens to be a Saturday next season.

Amazingly, to celebrate their “Birthplace of college football”- and this is textbook Rutgers - they have scheduled the “Fighting Byes” that week.

Everyone will be likely making reference that weekend to the Anniversary- except Rutgers.

It's the only way they could guarantee they wouldn't lose on their anniversary.

i know some don't like this thread, but it's brought me nothing but joy.

Yeah, I’ve come around on this thread. Definitely grew on me... I mean, it’s hilarious.

It’s very likely that everyone will be making reference to the Anniversary that weekend - except Rutgers.
The Fightin' Byes are six point favorites, oddly enough.

It's the only way they could guarantee they wouldn't lose on their anniversary.

Don’t worry they will have 10 players arrested and 5 kids will decommitt that week, ensuring that even during a bye that Rutgers loses

The sad part is there delusion. They are chalkinh up the 60 something ranked recruit calss as a win after their 1 win season. Which i guess is a positive. But the thing is, Rob Ash can't coach. It doesnt matter if he had alabamas talent. He would only get 7 wins out of the talent. He's in over his head. He simply can not coach or recruit. They have yet to discover the forward pass...after 3 seasons! That is scary AF!!! Some on that board think it will get better.

The beauty of it all is, that if he wins 3-4 games next year, that will be an "improvement" and the admin will keep him around for another year :)

The sad part is there delusion. They are chalkinh up the 60 something ranked recruit calss as a win after their 1 win season. Which i guess is a positive. But the thing is, Rob Ash can't coach. It doesnt matter if he had alabamas talent. He would only get 7 wins out of the talent. He's in over his head. He simply can not coach or recruit. They have yet to discover the forward pass...after 3 seasons! That is scary AF!!! Some on that board think it will get better.

The beauty of it all is, that if he wins 3-4 games next year, that will be an "improvement" and the admin will keep him around for another year :)
Except for Young, and the Adams kid that Iowa came in late on, none of their commits had other options. Only reason why they kept most of their commitments. They also sold early playing time. lol

i know some don't like this thread, but it's brought me nothing but joy.
It is sorta like going back to a trusty old diner for a meal...it always fills you up with comfort.

If Rutgers fans want this thread to die...all they need to do is start winning and stop embarrassing themselves nationally as an institution, athletic department and fan base. I know, a tall task.

It is sorta like going back to a trusty old diner for a meal...it always fills you up with comfort.

If Rutgers fans want this thread to die...all they need to do is start winning and stop embarrassing themselves nationally as an institution, athletic department and fan base. I know, a tall task.
That will never happen!!