The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 355 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I knew it was going to be a rough game for them when their very first offensive play scored Indiana 6 points.

How many passing yards did they have in that 79 0 game against Michigan?

Ok what is the over-under on combined margin of victory in Rutgers last 3 games(OSU/MSU/PSU)? I say 155. And can we all chip in to get their interim guido an extension?

This article about sports rivals is in yesterday's NYT. The Scarlet Knights claim you as a rival, but you folks haven't given the compilers enough answers to determine your opinions.
This is actually spot on. For the last 20 years, the same argument has festered among SU fans. Who is our rival? Final outcome is always the same: we don't have one. People have argued Rutgers/Pitt/WV/UConn but the same arguments are always used to prove that it's not really true. Pitt and WV have each other. Rutgers has never been relevant for long enough for SU to consider even a legitimate threat, and UConn wanted us as BB rivals but sorry it's 3:46 EST and Georgetown still sucks!

From MGoBlog's recap of Indiana-Rutgers, as part of their weekly Opponent Watch:

Enjoy!

Rutgers (1-5, 0-4 B1G)

Last week: Lost at Indiana, 35-0

Recap: They’ve done it. They’ve broken me. I am out of metaphors. I am out of cheeky comparisons. They received the opening kickoff, and they surrendered the game-winning points within TEN SECONDS OF SAID KICKOFF. I've got nothing.

Johnny Langan completed 5 of 13 passes for 1 yard. And to be honest, it isn’t the 2.8 inches per attempt that boggles my mind. Sure, that’s catastrophic, but we’ve seen that kind of stuff from Rutgers before. They finished 2 of 17 for 8 yards (0.5 YPA) against Maryland last year and 2 of 18 for 5 yards (0.3 YPA) against Michigan in that infamous 78-0 game in 2016. But that’s the inevitable result of trying to football when you aren’t very good at football. If your guys can’t get open, you’re gonna throw a bunch of incomplete passes. So even though Rutgers lost an average of 2.2 yards every time they dropped back when you include sacks, they had to try something.

No, the thing that gets me is the 0.2 yards per completion. Because THAT WAS THE STUFF THAT WORKED. They completed 38.5% of their passes, which isn’t even that bad for Rutgers. The thing kind of did what it was supposed to do. They spent so much time and effort squeezing out a cool glass of turnip juice. Every completion was a daring bank heist that stole the stash of clicky-pens they store right next to the vault.

Related image

Rutgers has been outscored 165-7 in their four Big Ten games. By the old GopherQuest rules*, Rutgers has a scoring ratio of 4.1%, which would make them the worst Big Ten team in the history of ever. And they still have Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan State on the slate. They’d better score a bunch of points against Illinois on November 2nd.

*One GopherQuest update: with a scoring ratio of 18%, 2016 Rutgers actually snuck in below 1981 Northwestern as the worst Big Ten team since 1961.

From MGoBlog's recap of Indiana-Rutgers, as part of their weekly Opponent Watch:

Enjoy!

Rutgers (1-5, 0-4 B1G)

Last week: Lost at Indiana, 35-0

Recap: They’ve done it. They’ve broken me. I am out of metaphors. I am out of cheeky comparisons. They received the opening kickoff, and they surrendered the game-winning points within TEN SECONDS OF SAID KICKOFF. I've got nothing.

Johnny Langan completed 5 of 13 passes for 1 yard. And to be honest, it isn’t the 2.8 inches per attempt that boggles my mind. Sure, that’s catastrophic, but we’ve seen that kind of stuff from Rutgers before. They finished 2 of 17 for 8 yards (0.5 YPA) against Maryland last year and 2 of 18 for 5 yards (0.3 YPA) against Michigan in that infamous 78-0 game in 2016. But that’s the inevitable result of trying to football when you aren’t very good at football. If your guys can’t get open, you’re gonna throw a bunch of incomplete passes. So even though Rutgers lost an average of 2.2 yards every time they dropped back when you include sacks, they had to try something.

No, the thing that gets me is the 0.2 yards per completion. Because THAT WAS THE STUFF THAT WORKED. They completed 38.5% of their passes, which isn’t even that bad for Rutgers. The thing kind of did what it was supposed to do. They spent so much time and effort squeezing out a cool glass of turnip juice. Every completion was a daring bank heist that stole the stash of clicky-pens they store right next to the vault.

Related image

Rutgers has been outscored 165-7 in their four Big Ten games. By the old GopherQuest rules*, Rutgers has a scoring ratio of 4.1%, which would make them the worst Big Ten team in the history of ever. And they still have Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan State on the slate. They’d better score a bunch of points against Illinois on November 2nd.

*One GopherQuest update: with a scoring ratio of 18%, 2016 Rutgers actually snuck in below 1981 Northwestern as the worst Big Ten team since 1961.
It's not even fun rooting against them anymore. That's how bad they are.