The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Is it me or do their last few OL commits look really poor in terms of physical shape? Clausmann and company seem to have powerful frames and seem to have much better builds ... or is it just me?

If the offers are accurate, the kid from Virginia Beach they landed would be by far our most recruited lineman.

That kid's name has never been mentioned on the football recruiting board.

SU has really improved the quality of its OL recruits in the last couple of years. I find it incredibly unlikely that they would offer someone like him so early in the recruiting process, especially given it allegedly happened last year, when SU was barely acknowledging that NJ existed for football recruting. .

agreed, the kid has never been mentioned on any SU board at any time ever, there's no way he has a Syracuse offer, particularly since early last year. Not a chance. However, I took Roman Catholic to be in Philly. Home of Marvin Harrison.

weird.

also, this

TH: How did coach Flood respond when you decided to commit to the program?

MT: He told me that a commitment is a commitment and if I'm gonna be committed to them, then they are gonna be committed to me. He told me that once I am committed, I can't continue my recruiting process. And I told him this is where I wanted to be. And he said, 'All right, congratulations.'

In the words of Bill Cosby, "Riiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt..."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...-time-it-was-about-the-big-ten-153329935.html

College football-related clues are quickly becoming the Achilles' heel of Jeopardy! contestants.

On Tuesday's episode, the realities and quirks of conference realignment struck, when a question about the Big Ten came up in the "Solve for 'x'" category. The clue was "Now that Rutgers and Maryland are joining the party, the Big Ten has X members."

No one could answer it. Does the Big Ten need to already ramp up its East Coast marketing efforts?
The only guess ventured was "12," but remember, the Big Ten was at 12 before the addition of the two schools. After a dozen was thrown out, there was silence from the two other contestants. As you know, 12+2 is 14.

Following the sound of the buzzer, Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek had a fantastic response: "I know, it sounds weird."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...-time-it-was-about-the-big-ten-153329935.html

College football-related clues are quickly becoming the Achilles' heel of Jeopardy! contestants.

On Tuesday's episode, the realities and quirks of conference realignment struck, when a question about the Big Ten came up in the "Solve for 'x'" category. The clue was "Now that Rutgers and Maryland are joining the party, the Big Ten has X members."

No one could answer it. Does the Big Ten need to already ramp up its East Coast marketing efforts?
The only guess ventured was "12," but remember, the Big Ten was at 12 before the addition of the two schools. After a dozen was thrown out, there was silence from the two other contestants. As you know, 12+2 is 14.

Following the sound of the buzzer, Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek had a fantastic response: "I know, it sounds weird."
Isn't the University of Chicago still a Big 10 school? What about Johns Hopkins joining for lax? Or was the category specifically limited to college football?

weird.

also, this

TH: How did coach Flood respond when you decided to commit to the program?

MT: He told me that a commitment is a commitment and if I'm gonna be committed to them, then they are gonna be committed to me. He told me that once I am committed, I can't continue my recruiting process. And I told him this is where I wanted to be. And he said, 'All right, congratulations.'
translation of Coach Flood - "please don't decommit, please don't decommit, please don't decommit!"

my personal projections was a 1 to 2 win season long before this article was written

Someone on their board mentioned "upsetting" Washington State. Washington State is rising, but Ruttie fans are already thinking they're inferior? Yikes.

Most of them have michigan as automatic win next year.

As Rutgers officially joins Big Ten, AD Julie Hermann ripped (and Tim Pernetti praised) in full-page ad

0701rujpg-31eb4a9c80d48366.jpg

"... that have caused extreme embarrassment to our great university."

Funny.

38 miles from The City That Never Sleeps, Rutgers goes B1G

Toward the end of the proceedings, when head football coach Kyle Flood took the stage, he led the crowd in a chant of "R" and "U," urging the fans to be loud enough that their neighbors to the South and West could hear them. New York City was 38 miles to his East. Nobody in the crowd seemed to notice the omission.

OrangeXtreme said:
38 miles from The City That Never Sleeps, Rutgers goes B1G Toward the end of the proceedings, when head football coach Kyle Flood took the stage, he led the crowd in a chant of "R" and "U," urging the fans to be loud enough that their neighbors to the South and West could hear them. New York City was 38 miles to his East. Nobody in the crowd seemed to notice the omission.

A real nit but a little secret about rutgirls is that they take recruits to the ESPNZone in NYC. Distance is 36 miles I believe. NCAA rule is no more than 30 miles. Like I said though, a real nit.

A real nit but a little secret about rutgirls is that they take recruits to the ESPNZone in NYC. Distance is 36 miles I believe. NCAA rule is no more than 30 miles. Like I said though, a real nit.

ESPN Zone NYC has been closed for a while. They must go somewhere else in the city now.