The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

From UNC's bball board, a dedication to Rutgers Al -

"Three young women go down to Mexico one night to celebrate college graduation. They got drunk, and woke up in jail, only to find that they are to be executed in the morning, though none of them can remember what they did the night before.
The first one, a redhead, is strapped in the electric chair and is asked if she has any last words. She says: "I just graduated from Southern Methodist University and believe in the almighty power of God to intervene on the behalf of the innocent.." They throw the switch and nothing happens. They all immediately fall to the floor on their knees, beg for forgiveness and release her.

The second one, a brunette, is strapped in and gives her last words. "I just graduated from the Wake Forest School of Law, and I believe in the power of Justice to intervene on the behalf of the innocent." They throw the switch and again, nothing happens. Again, they all immediately fall to their knees, beg for forgiveness, and release her.

The last one, a blonde (you knew it), is strapped in and says: "Well, I'm from New Jersey and just graduated from Rutgers University with a degree in Electrical Engineering, and I'll tell yooz guyz right now, yooz ain't gonna electrocute nobody if you don't plug this thing in."

Life is too short to live it as a Scarlet Knight!"

Pandemonium in Piscataway. Does anyone outside of Piscataway even remember (O.K. Louisville probably cringes over that game)?

Their highlights are all about the near misses. When they mention Rutger's Big East Championship, the conveniently leave out the fact that it was shared with three other teams, and the fact that it was their first Big East Championship. Even when they polish this turd, it still doesn't shine and it still stinks!

O.K., I'm done. I've seen pee wee football with better highlights and covering a shorter span of time, but I will let Rutgers have their moment in the sun.

But, but, they beat Louisville!

I will being laughing so hard tonight that I know it will be a restless night over this Maryland comment....really?

Most of us can understand that (wanting to attend parent or parents own school).
From a football point of view, Temple might have a much better chance at success over next 4-5 years than Maryland.
Still, as RU knows all to well, commitments are just reservations, as Seinfeld said "Anyone can make a reservation, it's holding the reservation (ie. commitment) that is most important."
Long way to go till Feb 2015 signing day.

Rutgers from when Schiano was coach never seemed to publicize their players majors in Bio's, but Syracuse always did. Rutgers would always brag about the APR'S but no one knew what classes the kids would take.

Maybe Rutgers sent the staff down to UNC to see how they did academics in football

"This has shown in his success in getting recruits from the state to come to Happy Valley, as five of the top 10 recruits in the state have committed to Penn State, per 247 Sports. The other five recruits in the 247 top 10 are committed to Alabama, Michigan, Wisconsin, North Carolina and Syracuse. In fact, the highest ranked Rutgers commitment from New Jersey is the No. 20 player in the state."

Not sure, but this is probably just a clerical error. We know this to be a fact because Rutgers only recruits top classes, right from the start when they started football in 2006!

As a parent of high school athletes, I don't know how their parents can let them go to penn st either.

Its been 2 coaching staffs since all the you know what hit the fan. As much as I dislike them, Penn State is still a great place, you can' penalize your kid over something that happened several years ago.

Its been 2 coaching staffs since all the you know what hit the fan. As much as I dislike them, Penn State is still a great place, you can' penalize your kid over something that happened several years ago.
"still a great place" - uh...

Briancuse said:

The cult like obsession with football and JoPa is still in full effect - and is the very core of how the whole thing went from horrible single act to horrible act allowed by and covered up by the powers that be. Just ask your average PSU fan who was to blame for the mess. Denial runs deep in those parts.

Many times, but I have never been to Jonestown so I can't compare.

A terrible thing happened there, but you can't condemn it forever. Its still a chance to go to a great college town, play your games in front of 100,000 people, and play in the big ten.

A terrible thing happened there, but you can't condemn it forever. Its still a chance to go to a great college town, play your games in front of 100,000 people, and play in the big ten.
I'm going to take a guess and say you don't know many people from the PSU area. I have a close friend from there and the remorse from the incident is nearly non existent. The thought process that allowed this to happen still exists...nothing has changed.

I'm going to take a guess and say you don't know many people from the PSU area. I have a close friend from there and the remorse from the incident is nearly non existent. The thought process that allowed this to happen still exists...nothing has changed.

My gf is a psu alum, so are my cousins, I have been out there quite a few times.What happened is awful, and I understand how people feel remorse, but they shouldn't it isn't their fault that it happened. If you are an 18 year old kid, why should you base a future bearing decision on what some pervert did many years ago?

I'm just wondering when the movement starts for bringing back the JoePa Statue!

Speaking of, does anyone know where they put it? My wild imagination has it in some clandestine location where it is lit by candle light and people give a lot of $$ to pay homage to it.